‘Sparkling with wit, humour and pathos’ – Vivienne Tuffnell
‘Filled with charm and wit … from small giggles to full-on guffaws’ – Davida Chazan aka The Chocolate Lady
‘Charming as h*ll!’ – Vic CWP
‘Well played, well crafted, funny and insightful’ – Just Another Bookworm
‘Turns the mundane into the hilarious or the dramatic’ – Andrew Collins
‘I devoured most of it in a single, long, bewitched session’ – Henry Hyde
‘Bloody good – keep a copy in your guest room and you’ll never see your guests’ – Clare Flynn
‘Laugh-out-loud moments and old-fashioned GOOD writing’ – Icy Sedgwick
‘Move over, Bill Bryson … beguiling’ – Peter Snell, independent bookseller
‘Engaging memoir of the road less travelled’ – Debbie Young
‘A novelist’s eye for detail … and for romance and drama in the everyday’ – Sandy Bennett-Haber
‘Stylish, lovely, well crafted’ – Ignite (top 1,000 Amazon reviewer)
‘Quirky, fun read .. made me want to go out and have adventures’ – Limey
‘Full of interior and exterior travel in the everyday and special … moving’ – Angela Kubinec, Easy Street Mag
‘Totally wonderful’ – Alexander M Zoltai
‘Wry humour, precise details, beautiful writing’ – Fictionreader
Subject Index Links
Larger Words = More Articles
#Conversations #mainstreetwriters #SocialEra #TraditionalPublishing #WritersLife A book's beginning Accountability Groups for writers active imagination Activism and Peace Work Adrian G Hilder advice Advice for Authors Advice for Writers Alan Rinzler Alexander M Zoltai alien aliens ALLi Alliance of Independent Authors Alternative Facts Amazon Amazon Publishing American Library Association Andre Norton Anne Enright Annie Dillard Apple art artist Arts Ask The Author Aspiring Writers Australia author Author's Advice Author's Guild Author's Resources Author's Voice Author Advice Author Blogs Author Earnings author interview Author Interviews author platform Author Platforms author promotion authors Author Scams Authors Finding Readers Author Solutions Authors reasons Baha'i Baha'u'llah Bahá'í Faith Banned Books Banned Books Week Barnes & Noble Barry Eisler Begin a book Beginning a book Beginning to write a book Behind The Scenes Best Friend bestseller BestsellerBound Bestsellers Bestselling Authors Beta Readers Be the Gateway Bibliotherapy Big Five Big Six blog blog comments Blog Conversations Blog Discussions Blogger Bloggers blogging Blogosphere Blog Poll blog post blog posts Blog Post Series blogroll blogs blog statistics blog stats Blog Survey Blog Visitors blues book Book Banning Book Blogs Book Covers Book Depository book design Book Designers Book distribution Book Island book marketing Book Piracy book promotion Book Publishing Book Recommendations book review Book Reviews Book Riot books Book Sales Booksellers book series Bookshops Bookstores Boring books Brain Pickings C. J. Cherryh Canterbury Tales Carl Jung Center for Story-Based Strategy Challenging books characters Charles Dickens children Children's Books Choosing what to read Climate Change Coleman Barks Collective Unconscious communication Consciousness copyright Corporate Control Corporate World Corporations Cory Doctorow crazy CreateSpace creative creative writing creativity crisis criticism critique Critique Group Dan Blank Darcia Helle David Gaughran Dean Wesley Smith death debut novel depression Developmental Editor Diana Krall Diaspora Dictionaries Dictionary Difficult Books Digital Books Digital Book World Digital Publishing digital rights management Discoverability Discussion about libraries Discussions about age and writing Does age make you write differently? Don Quixote Doris Lessing Dragon dreams DRM E-book E-books E-readers E. M. Forster Earth Eat Pray Love ebook ebooks editing Editing for Writers editor editors Education Education for Writers Elif Shafak Elizabeth Gilbert Elizabeth S. Craig Emily Dickinson Engaging an Audience England English Grammar English language Environmental disaster Erin McKean Erma Bombeck Ernest Hemingway Espresso Book Machine Etymologies etymology Evolution of Grammar Facebook facebook fiction Fahrenheit 451 Failure faith Famous Authors Fantasy FastPencil favorite author feedback feelings fiction fictional dream Fiction Writing fictive dream Finding Readers First Book Flash Fiction Forbes Forest Avenue Press Francine Prose Francis Ford Coppola Frankfurt Book Fair Frank Herbert free book free books freedom Free E-books Free Ebooks Free Education Freelance Writers freelance writing Freelancing Free Novel Free Online Courses free software Friday Fantasy G+ Games Gaming Gatekeepers Gene Doucette genre Genre fiction George Orwell Getting writing help Glimmer Train global global crisis global peace God GoodReads Google Google Plus Grammar Grammar Nazi grammar nerd grief Hachette Haley Whitehall Harnessing the Power of Narrative for Social Change Harry Potter Healing Help for writers Help with Writing Hermann Hesse Hindustan Contessa Historical fiction How do you begin a book? How do you choose what to read? How should I begin a book? how to choose what to read how to write How writers write Hugh Howey humanity humor iAuthor iBooks illiteracy Illiterate imagination Improve Your Grammar independent authors Independent Book Publishers Association Independent Publishers Indie Author Indie Authors Indie Books Indie Publishing Indie Writers Ingram Innovation International Literacy Day International Writing Program Internet interview Iowa City Israel Is Your Soul In Here? J. A. Konrath J.K. Rowling J. R. R. Tolkien James Joyce James Patterson Jamie Jammers Inaka Jane Friedman Jane Watson Jessica Bell Joanna Penn Joe Konrath Joel Blaine Kirkpatrick Joel Friedlander John C. Gardner John Gardner Johnpaul Mahofski Jonah Berger Jung justice Kickstarter kids Kindle Kindle Unlimited Kinds of readers Kitely knowledge Kobo Kristine Kathryn Rusch Kurt Vonnegut language Language challenges language difficulties Laura Stanfill learning Learning How To Write Learning to write Legacy Publishers Legacy Publishing Leo Babauta Leonard Balsera Librarian Librarians Libraries library library classifications library memories Library of Congress library pages LibraryThing LibreOffice Lindsay Buroker LinkedIn Literacy literary literary community Literary Fiction Literature Little Free Libraries Little Free Library LitWorld Local Library Lord of the Rings Lynn Biederstadt Magic Main Street Writers Movement making money as a writer Margaret Atwood Maria Popova Mark Coker Mark Twain Massachusetts Max E. Stone meaning means of communication metaphor metaphysical metaphysics methods of writing microfiction micro fiction Mind Mobile Reading MOOC Most common words in English muse music Music video My Next Book mystery Myth Nail Your Novel NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month Neil Gaiman networking New Blog Post Series New York Public Library New York Times Nicholas Sparks Nilofer Merchant Nook No Shelf Required Notebooks Notes from An Alien Nova Sparks novel novels Older Authors Older Writers Online Etymology Dictionary opinion Opinion poll Original Stories Orna Ross Oxford Dictionary Oxford English Dictionary Oxford University Press Paddy O'Reilly Paulo Coelho peace Pearson PEN American Center Penguin Random House PEN International perfection Personal Unconscious Pew Research Center Philosophy Picking your next read Pink Floyd Piracy planning Plasma Cosmology playing for change plot Poem Poems poet poetry Poets & Writers poll Polls Porter Anderson post Poverty Print Books Print Books and E-books Print Books vs E-books Print on demand Print readers Project Gutenberg promote promote your writing Promoting Books promotion Proper Grammar psychology publication Public library publish publisher Publishers Publishers Weekly publishing publishing advice Publishing Perspectives Publishing Survey Publishing Tips Pulitzer Prize Rachelle Gardner Random House Ray Bradbury Re-blog read Read An E-book Week reader Reader's Poll reader categories reader category Reader Comments reader opinion reader opinions Readers readership reading Reading Aloud Reading challenges Reading level Reading Like A Writer reading methods Reading Poll reading styles Reading Survey reading techniques Reading To Children Reality Reasons for writing Rebekah Webb Reedsy religion Resources for Writers responsibility review reviewer reviews Roleplaying Roz Morris Rules of Writing Rumi Salon Sarah Kay Sci-Fi science science fiction Scott Turow Scrivener Second Life Self-Editing Self-Help Books self-publish self-published Self-Published Author Self-Published Authors Self-Published Writer Self-published Writers self-publisher Self-Publishers self-publishing Selfpublish Selfpublished Selfpublisher Selfpublishing Selling Books Selling E-books Serious Writing Seth Godin Shakespeare Share your ideas Shoghí Effendí Short Stories Short story Short Tales Simone Benedict singer Sir Ken Robinson Slate Small Presses Smashwords social media Social network social networking Social Networks social responsibility soul space Special Blog Posts Speculative fiction spirit Spoilers Star Trek Stealing Books Stephen King Steven King stories Storium story Story Bazaar Storytellers Storytelling Strange Fantasies Studying Grammar Success Successful Authors survey Surveys Survey Says Suw Charman-Anderson SyFy TechCrunch Ted Talks Telling Stories Tennessee The Alliance of Independent Authors The Atlantic The Book Designer The Bookseller The Curator The Danger of A Single Story The Guardian The Hobbit The Hot Sheet The Lord of the Rings The Millions The Muse The New Yorker The New York Times The Paris Review Thesaurus The State of Writing The Writing Life Thought Tips for Writers Tobias Buckell Todd Bol to make common Toni Morrison Tony Riches Top Books top posts Top Tags Traditionally Published Authors Traditional Publisher Traditional Publishers traditional publishing Truth Truth in Fiction Twitter types of readers Types of reading Styles Typographical Errors typos UNESCO United Kingdom United Nations Unity Unleashing The Idea Virus Unpublished Scenes Ursula K. Le Guin Various Stories Various Tales video Virginia Quarterly Review Virtual reality virtual world Virtual Worlds Visual Thesaurus Wattpad What's the first step in beginning a book? What About All The Authors Whose Books Don’t Sell Very Many Copies? What Age Brings to Writing What an author should do What Are Words What do you read? What Should I Write What’s The “Best” Way To Learn “Proper” Grammar? When does a book begin? Why Do Certain People Become Writers? why writers write Willa Cather William Gibson word Wordery word histories word history Word Meanings Wordnik words Words are My Matter Word Usage world World Book Day World peace World Read Aloud Day Worldreader World Wide Words write writer writer's advice Writer's Block Writer's Digest Writer's Life Writer's Poll Writer's Prompts Writer's Survey writer's tips writer's voice Writer Resources writers Writers' Groups Writers' support groups Writers and Money writers discussion group Writers Finding Readers writers methods writers on writing Writers reasons Writers Residencies Writers Resources Writers Tools Writer Unboxed writing writing a book writing advice Writing Aids Writing and Editing Writing A Novel writing blogs writing challenge Writing Challenge ~ Use The 1200 Most Common Words To Write A Story… Writing Contests Writing Courses Writing for Money Writing Groups writing habits writing help Writing Maxims Writing Poll Writing Process Writing Prompts Writing Resources Writing Rules Writing Sites writing software Writing style Writing Success Writing Survey writing tips Writing Tools YouTube `Abdu'l-Bahá
Search here with your own keywords…
Special Pages . . .
- Iran ‘will consider’ direct talks with US, says foreign ministerUS administration says direct talks are 'urgently needed' to facilitate communication to restore the Iran nuclear deal.
- Tunisia president’s top aide quits over ‘fundamental differences’Nadia Akacha has been described as President Saied's closest and most trusted adviser.
- George Floyd death: Civil rights trial opens for accused ex-copsProsecutor tells jurors in rights case that police watched 'minute after minute' as Chauvin knelt on Floyd's neck.
- What’s behind Burkina Faso’s latest military coup attempt?President Roch Kabore arrested as soldiers mutiny against the government's failure to stop armed attacks.
- Two reported dead as earthquakes rattle southern HaitiSeveral injured and homes damaged in 5.3-magnitude quake and series of smaller tremors, civil protection agency says.
- Bitcoin rout sees $30,000 floor emerge as next line in the sandBitcoin is now 50 percent below its November peak and on Monday was trading at its lowest level since July.
- Heavy snowfall in Turkey forces Istanbul Airport to shutThe closure of Europe's busiest airport grounds flights stretching from the Middle East and Africa to Europe and Asia.
- Burkina Faso army says it has deposed President KaboreMutinous soldiers say on state television they have suspended the constitution and dissolved the government.
- DC, Texas sue Google over location tracking practicesSuit claims Google misled US consumers by continuing to track their locations even when users sought to prevent it.
- Sudan security forces kill three protesters in Khartoum: MedicsDeaths bring to 76 the number of protesters killed in a crackdown on anti-coup demonstrations, the medics say.
- Activist investor wants Peloton to sack CEO and pursue a salePeloton’s shares have tumbled more than 80 percent from their all-time high a year ago.
- Ibex in the Yemeni civilization: a historical symbolism being revivedNumbers of the ibex in Yemen shrank drastically over the past three decades due to over-hunting, especially in Hadhramout and Shabwa, with fears of it going extinct.
- As Kenyans prepare for a general election, how will officials combat fake news?Is this election likely to be any different? These fact-checking startups have recently stepped up their efforts to counter fake news and prevent a hijack of Kenya's democracy.
- Media crackdown continues ahead of coup anniversary in Myanmar"He is the third journalist to be killed in Myanmar in less than a month, in a sign of the absolutely unacceptable practices increasingly employed by the junta."
- What Samuel Eto’o’s ascension to football leadership means to CameroonCameroonians have been desperate to see a change at FECAFOOT. They don’t only hope to see a huge transformation in the management of football, they actually expect it.
- Internet watchdog finds encryption flaw in mandatory Chinese Olympic appAthletes, journalists and all other attendees of the Beijing Winter Olympics are required to use the My2022 app but data submitted through the app may be intercepted.
- Clean sweep for incumbent Mia Mottley in Barbados’ first election as a republic"Regardless of political affiliation, Prime Minister Mia Mottley has cemented her place in Barbados’ history."
- Gang truce or not, President Bukele is still popular in El SalvadorDespite international condemnation of Bukele's use of military and authoritarian governing style, most Salvadorans continue to trust in Bukele.
- Lagos’ train acquisition is Wisconsin's loss The train acquisition by Nigeria’s Lagos State gave closure for a local toxic partisan politics between Wisconsin’s Democrats and Republicans that resulted in the trains being unused for ten years.
- Australian town of Onslow hits record 50.7 degrees Celsius, as global warming rolls on relentlesslyA disaster film occurring daily in real time... Rising ocean temps are inextricably linked to massive extreme weather/climate events, destabilization of Antarctic ice shelves and massive sea level rise
- Were the Kazakhstani protests predictable?Researchers found the root causes of popular dissatisfaction in Kazakhstan already in place in late 2019. Similar demands were at the core of the January protests that shook the country.
- Fans mourn Narayan Debnath, creator of the first Bengali comic-strip superheroOn January 18, 2022, Indian comic artist and illustrator Narayan Debnath passed away at the age of 96 in a hospital in Kolkata after prolonged illness. His fans are mourning on social media.
- Spirit of service inspires immediate response to floods in Malaysia The spirit of service fostered through Bahá’í community-building activities in Malaysia was channeled toward relief efforts after disastrous flooding in December.
- “This homeland shelters all”: Bahá’ís mark 100 year history in TunisiaOn the centenary of the Tunisian Bahá’í community’s establishment, some 50 social actors explored coexistence and the issue of violence in contemporary society.
- Officials and other dignitaries in Holy Land honor ‘Abdu’l-BaháAbdu’l-Bahá’s enduring legacy of service to humanity was honored by officials, diplomats, and faith leaders at a reception held last week in Haifa.
- Counsellors’ return marks start of new journey for Bahá’í worldThe Counsellors are now departing the Holy Land ready to infuse Bahá’í communities worldwide with the wealth of insights gained over the past days of discussions.
- “Glimpses of a Hundred Years of Endeavour”: New film looks at journey of global Bahá’í communityA film commissioned by the Universal House of Justice provides glimpses of the Bahá’í community’s efforts over the past century to contribute to the oneness of humanity.
- Counsellors look ahead as conference concludes Counsellors from across the world spent the past six days consulting about how Bahá’í efforts to foster social transformation can further intensify in the years ahead.
- 2021 in review: A momentous year BWNS looks back on a historic year of intense efforts by countless people and communities, including marking the centenary of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá’s passing.
- Counsellors’ conference beginsOver the coming days, Counsellors from all parts of the world will be consulting on the development of the worldwide Bahá’í community, preparing for the years ahead.
- Bahá’í Media Bank: Photo of opening pages of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá’s Will and Testament publishedAn image of the opening pages of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá’s Will and Testament has been published for the first time, coinciding with the period of the centenary of His passing.