Subject Index Links
Larger Words = More Articles
#Conversations #mainstreetwriters #SocialEra #TraditionalPublishing #WritersLife A book's beginning Accountability Groups for writers active imagination Activism and Peace Work Adrian G Hilder advice Advice for Authors Advice for Writers Alan Rinzler Alexander M Zoltai alien aliens ALLi Alliance of Independent Authors Alternative Facts Amazon Amazon Publishing American Library Association Andre Norton Anne Enright Annie Dillard Apple art artist Arts Ask The Author Aspiring Writers Australia author Author's Advice Author's Guild Author's Resources Author's Voice Author Advice Author Blogs Author Earnings author interview Author Interviews author platform Author Platforms author promotion authors Author Scams Authors Finding Readers Author Solutions Authors reasons Baha'i Baha'u'llah Bahá'í Faith Banned Books Banned Books Week Barnes & Noble Barry Eisler Begin a book Beginning a book Beginning to write a book Behind The Scenes Best Friend bestseller BestsellerBound Bestsellers Bestselling Authors Beta Readers Be the Gateway Bibliotherapy Big Five Big Six blog blog comments Blog Conversations Blog Discussions Blogger Bloggers blogging Blogosphere Blog Poll blog post blog posts Blog Post Series blogroll blogs blog statistics blog stats Blog Survey Blog Visitors blues book Book Banning Book Blogs Book Covers Book Depository book design Book Designers Book distribution Book Island book marketing Book Piracy book promotion Book Publishing Book Recommendations book review Book Reviews Book Riot books Book Sales Booksellers book series Bookshops Bookstores Boring books Brain Pickings C. J. Cherryh Canterbury Tales Carl Jung Center for Story-Based Strategy Challenging books characters Charles Dickens children Children's Books Choosing what to read Climate Change Coleman Barks Collective Unconscious communication Consciousness copyright Corporate Control Corporate World Corporations Cory Doctorow crazy CreateSpace creative creative writing creativity crisis criticism critique Critique Group Dan Blank Darcia Helle David Gaughran Dean Wesley Smith death debut novel depression Developmental Editor Diana Krall Diaspora Dictionaries Dictionary Difficult Books Digital Books Digital Book World Digital Publishing digital rights management Discoverability Discussion about libraries Discussions about age and writing Does age make you write differently? Don Quixote Doris Lessing Dragon dreams DRM E-book E-books E-readers E. M. Forster Earth Eat Pray Love ebook ebooks editing Editing for Writers editor editors Education Education for Writers Elif Shafak Elizabeth Gilbert Elizabeth S. Craig Emily Dickinson Engaging an Audience England English Grammar English language Environmental disaster Erin McKean Erma Bombeck Ernest Hemingway Espresso Book Machine Etymologies etymology Evolution of Grammar Facebook facebook fiction Fahrenheit 451 Failure faith Famous Authors Fantasy FastPencil favorite author feedback feelings fiction fictional dream Fiction Writing fictive dream Finding Readers First Book Flash Fiction Forbes Forest Avenue Press Francine Prose Francis Ford Coppola Frankfurt Book Fair Frank Herbert free book free books freedom Free E-books Free Ebooks Free Education Freelance Writers freelance writing Freelancing Free Novel Free Online Courses free software Friday Fantasy G+ Games Gaming Gatekeepers Gene Doucette genre Genre fiction George Orwell Getting writing help Glimmer Train global global crisis global peace God GoodReads Google Google Plus Grammar Grammar Nazi grammar nerd grief Hachette Haley Whitehall Harnessing the Power of Narrative for Social Change Harry Potter Healing Help for writers Help with Writing Hermann Hesse Hindustan Contessa Historical fiction How do you begin a book? How do you choose what to read? How should I begin a book? how to choose what to read how to write How writers write Hugh Howey humanity humor iAuthor iBooks illiteracy Illiterate imagination Improve Your Grammar independent authors Independent Book Publishers Association Independent Publishers Indie Author Indie Authors Indie Books Indie Publishing Indie Writers Ingram Innovation International Literacy Day International Writing Program Internet interview Iowa City Israel Is Your Soul In Here? J. A. Konrath J.K. Rowling J. R. R. Tolkien James Joyce James Patterson Jamie Jammers Inaka Jane Friedman Jane Watson Jessica Bell Joanna Penn Joe Konrath Joel Blaine Kirkpatrick Joel Friedlander John C. Gardner John Gardner Johnpaul Mahofski Jonah Berger Jung justice Kickstarter kids Kindle Kindle Unlimited Kinds of readers Kitely knowledge Kobo Kristine Kathryn Rusch Kurt Vonnegut language Language challenges language difficulties Laura Stanfill learning Learning How To Write Learning to write Legacy Publishers Legacy Publishing Leo Babauta Leonard Balsera Librarian Librarians Libraries library library classifications library memories Library of Congress library pages LibraryThing LibreOffice Lindsay Buroker LinkedIn Literacy literary literary community Literary Fiction Literature Little Free Libraries Little Free Library LitWorld Local Library Lord of the Rings Lynn Biederstadt Magic Main Street Writers Movement making money as a writer Margaret Atwood Maria Popova Mark Coker Mark Twain Massachusetts Max E. Stone meaning means of communication metaphor metaphysical metaphysics methods of writing microfiction micro fiction Mind Mobile Reading MOOC Most common words in English muse music Music video My Next Book mystery Myth Nail Your Novel NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month Neil Gaiman networking New Blog Post Series New York Public Library New York Times Nicholas Sparks Nilofer Merchant Nook No Shelf Required Notebooks Notes from An Alien Nova Sparks novel novels Older Authors Older Writers Online Etymology Dictionary opinion Opinion poll Original Stories Orna Ross Oxford Dictionary Oxford English Dictionary Oxford University Press Paddy O'Reilly Paulo Coelho peace Pearson PEN American Center Penguin Random House PEN International perfection Personal Unconscious Pew Research Center Philosophy Picking your next read Pink Floyd Piracy planning Plasma Cosmology playing for change plot Poem Poems poet poetry Poets & Writers poll Polls Porter Anderson post Poverty Print Books Print Books and E-books Print Books vs E-books Print on demand Print readers Project Gutenberg promote promote your writing Promoting Books promotion Proper Grammar psychology publication Public library publish publisher Publishers Publishers Weekly publishing publishing advice Publishing Perspectives Publishing Survey Publishing Tips Pulitzer Prize Rachelle Gardner Random House Ray Bradbury Re-blog read Read An E-book Week reader Reader's Poll reader categories reader category Reader Comments reader opinion reader opinions Readers readership reading Reading Aloud Reading challenges Reading level Reading Like A Writer reading methods Reading Poll reading styles Reading Survey reading techniques Reading To Children Reality Reasons for writing Rebekah Webb Reedsy religion Resources for Writers responsibility review reviewer reviews Roleplaying Roz Morris Rules of Writing Rumi Salon Sarah Kay Sci-Fi science science fiction Scott Turow Scrivener Second Life Self-Editing Self-Help Books self-publish self-published Self-Published Author Self-Published Authors Self-Published Writer Self-published Writers self-publisher Self-Publishers self-publishing Selfpublish Selfpublished Selfpublisher Selfpublishing Selling Books Selling E-books Serious Writing Seth Godin Shakespeare Share your ideas Shoghí Effendí Short Stories Short story Short Tales Simone Benedict singer Sir Ken Robinson Slate Small Presses Smashwords social media Social network social networking Social Networks social responsibility soul space Special Blog Posts Speculative fiction spirit Spoilers Star Trek Stealing Books Stephen King Steven King stories Storium story Story Bazaar Storytellers Storytelling Strange Fantasies Studying Grammar Success Successful Authors survey Surveys Survey Says Suw Charman-Anderson SyFy TechCrunch Ted Talks Telling Stories Tennessee The Alliance of Independent Authors The Atlantic The Book Designer The Bookseller The Curator The Danger of A Single Story The Guardian The Hobbit The Hot Sheet The Lord of the Rings The Millions The Muse The New Yorker The New York Times The Paris Review Thesaurus The State of Writing The Writing Life Thought Tips for Writers Tobias Buckell Todd Bol to make common Toni Morrison Tony Riches Top Books top posts Top Tags Traditionally Published Authors Traditional Publisher Traditional Publishers traditional publishing Truth Truth in Fiction Twitter types of readers Types of reading Styles Typographical Errors typos UNESCO United Kingdom United Nations Unity Unleashing The Idea Virus Unpublished Scenes Ursula K. Le Guin Various Stories Various Tales video Virginia Quarterly Review Virtual reality virtual world Virtual Worlds Visual Thesaurus Wattpad What's the first step in beginning a book? What About All The Authors Whose Books Don’t Sell Very Many Copies? What Age Brings to Writing What an author should do What Are Words What do you read? What Should I Write What’s The “Best” Way To Learn “Proper” Grammar? When does a book begin? Why Do Certain People Become Writers? why writers write Willa Cather William Gibson word Wordery word histories word history Word Meanings Wordnik words Words are My Matter Word Usage world World Book Day World peace World Read Aloud Day Worldreader World Wide Words write writer writer's advice Writer's Block Writer's Digest Writer's Life Writer's Poll Writer's Prompts Writer's Survey writer's tips writer's voice Writer Resources writers Writers' Groups Writers' support groups Writers and Money writers discussion group Writers Finding Readers writers methods writers on writing Writers reasons Writers Residencies Writers Resources Writers Tools Writer Unboxed writing writing a book writing advice Writing Aids Writing and Editing Writing A Novel writing blogs writing challenge Writing Challenge ~ Use The 1200 Most Common Words To Write A Story… Writing Contests Writing Courses Writing for Money Writing Groups writing habits writing help Writing Maxims Writing Poll Writing Process Writing Prompts Writing Resources Writing Rules Writing Sites writing software Writing style Writing Success Writing Survey writing tips Writing Tools YouTube `Abdu'l-Bahá
Special Pages . . .
Search here with your own keywords…
- Hagia Sophia: A matter of sovereignty or a narrow-minded act?Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has defended the move to reconvert Hagia Sophia into a mosque.
- Fears high as first four coronavirus cases confirmed in IdlibThree doctors and a nurse contract COVID19 amid fears of rapid spread at IDP camps in northwest Syria's rebel bastion.
- Erdogan rejects global criticism over Hagia Sophia decisionTurkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan defends move to reconvert iconic Hagia Sophia museum into a mosque.
- Mali PM promises to form an 'open' government amid mass protestsViolence broke out at demonstrations demanding President Keita resign over economic woes and alleged corruption.
- Justice Department seeks to overturn order halting executionThe execution of Daniel Lee was delayed after family of his victims raised concerns over the coronavirus pandemic.
- Indian actor Amitabh Bachchan hospitalised with coronavirus: LiveThe 77-year-old iconic Indian actor confirmed he tested positive for COVID-19 and has been moved to hospital in Mumbai.
- US: Group recommends renaming UNC buildings over racism tiesThe buildings at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill bear the names of men tied to racist practices.
- Puerto Rico looks to colonial legacy as statues tumble in USAmid the racial justice movement, protesters in the US territory have called on leaders to rethink its monuments.
- US reports daily new coronavirus case high for third day in a rowA total of nine states reached records for single-day infections amid new COVID-19 spike.
- US warns citizens of 'arbitrary detention' in China The US did not say what prompted the new alert, which comes as tensions continue to rise between the two super powers.
- Amitabh Bachchan: Bollywood superstar hospitalised with COVID-19Acting legend Amitabh Bachchan had been leading the way in India's fight against a rapid spread of the new coronavirus.
- Through the Orientalist looking-glass: An interview with Moroccan artist Lalla Essaydi"In my photography, I explore this [Orientalist] space, whether mental or physical, and interrogate its role in gender identity-making, while engaging with centuries of cultural heritage and artistic practices."
- Authorities’ response to social unrest in Trinidad & Tobago raises debate about police power and public trust"The criminalization of the bodies of Indigenous, Africans and Indians is built into the DNA of the police force."
- This women’s college in Ghana leads the way on e-learning during the pandemicSt. Teresa’s College of Education, one of five female-only colleges in Ghana, is leading the way with e-learning by consolidating the use of messaging applications like Telegram and WhatsApp.
- The state of LGBTQ+ rights in India: An interview with Supreme Court Advocate Saurabh KirpalGlobal Voices interviewed Saurabh Kirpal, a Supreme Court advocate, to find out the state of LGBTQI+ rights in India two years after the country decriminalized homosexual acts.
- Al Jazeera, Malaysiakini, and Code Blue news websites probed for critical reporting in Malaysia"The government...should be working to earn the confidence and trust of voters, particularly given how it came to power this March."
- In the Brazilian Amazon, fires and pandemic are a disastrous mixIn the middle of the COVID-19 crisis, the increase in fires in the Amazon could overburden even more the healthcare system, with more cases of respiratory problems.
- Czech author Radka Denemarková on Kundera and patriarchy in the Czech literature scene"We still await a book about Kundera written by a young, sensitive, intelligent woman, as Kundera's world is based on patriarchal values."
- Indian activists publish the first online magazine in the Santali languageLanguage activists from the eastern Indian state of Odisha have recently published the very first online magazine in the Santali language.
- Russian journalist avoids jail term for ‘justifying terrorism’ – and fears a new assault on press freedomsWhile her conviction remains in force, Svetlana Prokopyeva has avoided a prison sentence. The verdict was a silver lining in a new wave of arrests and criminal cases against journalists.
- ‘Why did your father die?': Serbia's COVID-19 chaos spills onto Belgrade's streets"To this day I haven't received his tests. The paperwork said that he died from the corona [virus]. No ventilators were available."
- As the health system buckles from COVID-19 pressure, Bolivians turn to herbal medicineBolivian ministries, news media and students advocate the healing properties of plants
- Baha’is of PNG release statement in wake of increased gender-based violence in societyThe Baha’i National Spiritual Assembly encourages conversations on how social structures and cultural values can better reflect the equality of women and men.
- Design unveiled for first Baha’i Temple in the DRCDesign for the Baha’i House of Worship in the Democratic Republic of the Congo has been revealed by the National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha’is of the country.
- Nepalese village develops agricultural capacity as long-term strategyThe Baha’i Local Spiritual Assembly of Motibasti, Nepal, is developing strategies to mitigate the economic challenges posed by the pandemic.
- Statement on racial prejudice spurs vital conversation in the USIn a statement by the country’s Baha’i National Spiritual Assembly, spiritual principles are explored in order to illuminate a path forward.
- Distinctive role of teachers comes to light in times of crisesBaha’i-inspired community schools have found creative ways to adapt and continue educational programs for children in spite of disruptions caused by the pandemic.
- In Africa: As one temple rises, anticipation builds for anotherActivities on the sites designated for Baha’i temples in Kenya and the DRC are providing a glimpse of the rising spirit emanating from these spots consecrated to unity.
- Escalation in persecution of Baha’is in Iran: tried in court and imprisoned for their beliefsIranian authorities target at least 77 individuals across the country in recent weeks despite the present health crisis.
- Conversations on social cohesion gather momentum in Australia since pandemicThe Australian Baha’i community encourages an exploration on pressing issues, such as racial and economic disparities, in an online seminar about social cohesion.
- Prerequisites for peace penned 100 years ago reverberate today‘Abdu’l-Baha’s call a century ago for universal peace and for the elimination of all forms of prejudice resounds throughout the world.