~ Subject Index Links ~
Larger Words = More Articles
Larger Words = More Articles
#Conversations #mainstreetwriters #SocialEra #TraditionalPublishing #WritersLife A book's beginning Accountability Groups for writers active imagination Activism and Peace Work Adrian G Hilder advice Advice for Authors Advice for Writers Alan Rinzler Alexander M Zoltai alien aliens Ali Noel Vyain ALLi Alliance of Independent Authors Alternative Facts Amazon Amazon Publishing American Library Association Andre Norton Anne Enright Annie Dillard Apple art artist Arts Ask The Author Aspiring Writers Australia author Author's Advice Author's Guild Author's Resources Author's Voice Author Advice Author Blogs Author Earnings author interview Author Interviews author platform Author Platforms author promotion authors Author Scams Authors Finding Readers Author Solutions Authors reasons Baha'i Baha'u'llah Bahá'í Faith Banned Books Banned Books Week Barnes & Noble Barry Eisler Begin a book Beginning a book Beginning to write a book Behind The Scenes Best Friend bestseller BestsellerBound Bestsellers Bestselling Authors Beta Readers Be the Gateway Bibliotherapy Big Five Big Six blog blog comments Blog Conversations Blog Discussions Blogger Bloggers blogging Blogosphere Blog Poll blog post blog posts Blog Post Series blogroll blogs blog statistics blog stats Blog Survey BlogTalkRadio Blog Visitors blues book Book Banning Book Blogs Book Covers Book Depository book design Book Designers Book distribution Book Island book marketing Book Piracy book promotion Book Publishing Book Recommendations book review Book Reviews Book Riot books Book Sales Booksellers book series Bookshops Bookstores Book World Boring books Brain Pickings C. J. Cherryh Canterbury Tales Carl Jung Center for Story-Based Strategy Challenging books characters Charles Dickens Children's Books Choosing what to read Climate Change Coleman Barks Collective Unconscious communication Consciousness copyright Corporate Control Corporate World Corporations Cory Doctorow crazy CreateSpace creative creative writing creativity crisis criticism critique Critique Group Dan Blank Darcia Helle David Gaughran Dean Wesley Smith death debut novel depression Developmental Editor Diana Krall Diaspora Dictionaries Dictionary Difficult Books Digital Books Digital Book World Digital Publishing digital rights management Discoverability Discussion about libraries Discussions about age and writing Does age make you write differently? Don Quixote Doris Lessing Dragon dreams DRM E-book E-books E-readers E. M. Forster Earth Eat Pray Love ebook ebooks editing Editing for Writers editor editors Education Education for Writers Elif Shafak Elizabeth Gilbert Elizabeth S. Craig Emily Dickinson Engaging an Audience England English Grammar English language Environmental disaster Erin McKean Erma Bombeck Ernest Hemingway Espresso Book Machine Etymologies etymology Evolution of Grammar Facebook facebook fiction Fahrenheit 451 Failure faith Famous Authors Fantasy FastPencil favorite author feedback feelings fiction Fiction Writing Finding Readers First Book Flash Fiction Forbes Forest Avenue Press Francine Prose Francis Ford Coppola Frankfurt Book Fair Frank Herbert free book free books freedom Free E-books Free Ebooks Free Education Freelance Writers freelance writing Freelancing Free Novel Free Online Courses free software Friday Fantasy G+ Games Gaming Gatekeepers Gene Doucette genre Genre fiction George Orwell Getting writing help Glimmer Train global global crisis global peace God GoodReads Google Google Plus Grammar Grammar Nazi grammar nerd grief Hachette Haley Whitehall Harnessing the Power of Narrative for Social Change Harry Potter Healing Help for writers Help with Writing Hermann Hesse Hindustan Contessa Historical fiction How do you begin a book? How do you choose what to read? How should I begin a book? how to choose what to read how to write How writers write Hugh Howey humanity humor iAuthor iBooks illiteracy Illiterate imagination Improve Your Grammar independent authors Independent Book Publishers Association Independent Publishers Indie Author Indie Authors Indie Books Indie Publishing Indie Writers Ingram Innovation International Literacy Day International Writing Program Internet interview Iowa City Israel Is Your Soul In Here? J. A. Konrath J.K. Rowling J. R. R. Tolkien James Joyce James Patterson Jamie Jammers Inaka Jane Friedman Jane Watson Jessica Bell Joanna Penn Joe Konrath Joel Blaine Kirkpatrick Joel Friedlander John C. Gardner John Gardner Johnpaul Mahofski Jonah Berger Jung justice Kickstarter Kindle Kindle Unlimited Kinds of readers Kitely knowledge Kobo Kristine Kathryn Rusch Kurt Vonnegut language Language challenges language difficulties Laura Stanfill learning Learning How To Write Learning to write Legacy Publishers Legacy Publishing Leo Babauta Leonard Balsera lexicographer Librarian Librarians Libraries library library classifications library memories Library of Congress library pages LibraryThing LibreOffice Lindsay Buroker LinkedIn Literacy literary literary community Literary Fiction Literature Little Free Libraries Little Free Library LitWorld Local Library Lord of the Rings Lynn Biederstadt Magic Main Street Writers Movement making money as a writer Margaret Atwood Maria Popova Mark Coker Mark Twain Massachusetts Max E. Stone meaning means of communication metaphor metaphysical metaphysics methods of writing Michael Quinion micro fiction microfiction Mind Mobile Reading MOOC Most common words in English muse music Music video My Next Book mystery Myth Nail Your Novel NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month Neil Gaiman networking New Blog Post Series New York Public Library New York Times Nicholas Sparks Nilofer Merchant Nook No Shelf Required Notebooks Notes from An Alien Nova Sparks novel novels Older Authors Older Writers Online Etymology Dictionary opinion Opinion poll Original Stories Orna Ross Oxford Dictionary Oxford English Dictionary Oxford University Press Paddy O'Reilly Paulo Coelho peace Pearson PEN American Center Penguin Random House PEN International perfection Personal Unconscious Pew Research Center Philosophy Picking your next read Pink Floyd Piracy planning Plasma Cosmology playing for change plot Poem Poems poet poetry Poets & Writers poll Polls Porter Anderson post Poverty Print Books Print Books and E-books Print Books vs E-books Print on demand Print readers Project Gutenberg promote promote your writing Promoting Books promotion Proper Grammar psychology publication Public library publish publisher Publishers Publishers Weekly publishing publishing advice Publishing Perspectives Publishing Survey Publishing Tips Pulitzer Prize Rachelle Gardner Random House Ray Bradbury Re-blog read Read An E-book Week reader Reader's Poll reader categories reader category Reader Comments reader opinion reader opinions Readers readership reading Reading Aloud Reading challenges Reading level Reading Like A Writer reading methods Reading Poll reading styles Reading Survey reading techniques Reading To Children Reality Reasons for writing Rebekah Webb Reedsy religion Resources for Writers responsibility review reviewer reviews Roleplaying Roz Morris Rules of Writing Rumi Salon Sarah Kay Sci-Fi science science fiction Scott Turow Scrivener Second Life Self-Editing Self-Help Books self-publish self-published Self-Published Author Self-Published Authors Self-Published Writer Self-published Writers self-publisher Self-Publishers self-publishing Selfpublish Selfpublished Selfpublisher Selfpublishing Selling Books Selling E-books Serious Writing Seth Godin Shakespeare Share your ideas Shoghí Effendí Short Stories Short story Short Tales Simone Benedict singer Sir Ken Robinson Slate Small Presses Smashwords social media Social network social networking Social Networks social responsibility soul space Special Blog Posts Speculative fiction spirit Spoilers Star Trek Stealing Books Stephen King Steven King stories Storium story Story Bazaar Storytellers Storytelling Strange Fantasies Studying Grammar Success Successful Authors survey Surveys Survey Says Suw Charman-Anderson SyFy TechCrunch Ted Talks Telling Stories Tennessee The Alliance of Independent Authors The Atlantic The Book Designer The Bookseller The Curator The Danger of A Single Story The Guardian The Hobbit The Hot Sheet The Lord of the Rings The Millions The Muse The New Yorker The New York Times The Paris Review Thesaurus The State of Writing The Writing Life Thought Tips for Writers Tobias Buckell Todd Bol to make common Toni Morrison Top Books top posts Top Tags Traditionally Published Authors Traditional Publisher Traditional Publishers traditional publishing Truth Truth in Fiction Twitter types of readers Types of reading Styles Typographical Errors typos UNESCO United Kingdom United Nations Unity Unleashing The Idea Virus Unpublished Scenes Ursula K. Le Guin Various Stories Various Tales video Virginia Quarterly Review Virtual reality virtual world Virtual Worlds Visual Thesaurus Wattpad What's the first step in beginning a book? What About All The Authors Whose Books Don’t Sell Very Many Copies? What Age Brings to Writing What an author should do What Are Words What do you read? What Should I Write What’s The “Best” Way To Learn “Proper” Grammar? When does a book begin? Why Do Certain People Become Writers? why writers write Willa Cather William Gibson word Wordery word histories word history Word Meanings Wordnik words Words are My Matter Word Usage world World Book Day World peace World Read Aloud Day Worldreader World Wide Words write writer writer's advice Writer's Block Writer's Digest Writer's Life Writer's Poll Writer's Prompts Writer's Survey writer's tips writer's voice Writer Resources writers Writers' Groups Writers' support groups Writers and Money writers discussion group Writers Finding Readers writers methods writers on writing Writers reasons Writers Residencies Writers Resources Writers Tools Writer Unboxed writing writing a book writing advice Writing Aids Writing and Editing Writing A Novel writing blogs writing challenge Writing Challenge ~ Use The 1200 Most Common Words To Write A Story… Writing Contests Writing Courses Writing for Money Writing Groups writing habits writing help Writing Maxims Writing Poll Writing Process Writing Prompts Writing Resources Writing Rules Writing Sites writing software Writing style Writing Success Writing Survey writing tips Writing Tools YouTube `Abdu'l-Bahá
Special Pages . . .
Search here with your own keywords…
- Tulsi Gabbard is not the pro-peace presidential candidate we wantGabbard's record on Syria, though it may appear as 'pro-peace' on the surface, actually aligns with regime propaganda.
- Fiery protests erupt in Indonesia's West Papua regionGovernment buildings and commercial establishments burned as angry Papuans protest against arrest of students.
- Iranian oil tanker departs Gibraltar after US request rebuffedOil tanker at centre of major diplomatic dispute departs Gibraltar after court rejects US request to extend detention.
- Afghanistan halts independence festivities after wedding massacreDebate over marking 100th year of independence had been intensifying even before Kabul blast saw celebrations postponed.
- Sudan: Challenges ahead for new leadershipSudan is now a nation waiting to see if its new government will be able to fulfil the demands of millions of its citizens.
- Afghan wedding blast: Families grieve after suicide attackWith 63 killed and nearly 200 injured, this was the deadliest explosion in Kabul in more than 18 months.
- US in secret talks with Venezuela socialist boss Diosdado CabelloConstituent Assembly leader and political ally of President Maduro met a Trump emissary last month in Caracas.
- Malaysian ex-PM Najib's trial postponed by courtHearing will begin on August 26 to allow time for completion of a separate trial that revolves around SRC International.
- Sudan's deposed ruler Omar al-Bashir faces trial over corruptionDeposed former president is also wanted by the ICC for war crimes, genocide and crimes against humanity in Darfur.
- Former Malaysian PM Najib to appear in court for 1MDB trialNajib Razak faces 42 criminal charges of corruption and money laundering from a state investment fund.
- UN appeals for more aid for Venezuelan refugeesThe UN and NGOs put out a humanitarian appeal for $770m at the start of the year and have received less than $180m.
- China inspects Hongkongers’ mobiles for protest photos and chats at border checkpointsIn the face of border searches, Hong Kong protesters are picking up new technology tactics to mitigate their risk.
- Cinema and new laws bring greater acceptance and visibility for Vietnamese transgenders LGBTQI+ identities are gaining legal and social recognition in Vietnam, as a documentary illustrates
- In Pakistan, it's an uphill battle for women who report sexual harassmentIn the past few years, Pakistan saw an increasing number of harassing women on the street by means of indecent exposure or exhibition. Police already arrested three men.
- Vitriolic response to art exhibit tests the limits of freedom of speech in JapanA controversial art exhibition at an arts festival in Japan has led to government criticism, threats, at least one arrest, protests by artists and questions about freedom of expression.
- Indian government asks Twitter to remove accounts ‘spreading rumours’ about KashmirWith the communication blackout inside Kashmir, netizens elsewhere resorted to Twitter to speak out against India's revocation of the region's autonomous status.
- Apprehension rises over the abduction of a Nigerian government criticDadiyata, a fierce critic of Kano State Governor Umar Ganduje, was abducted on August 1 and nothing has been heard of him since.
- How Hungary-funded news sites helped a false story travel all the way from Slovenia through Greece to North MacedoniaFact-checkers in North Macedonia have traced the original source of the bribe article and uncovered a complex trail of disinformation spanning at least four countries.
- Indian-administered Kashmir is like an ‘open prison’, says observers"What is happening in Kashmir is 'normal' in the sense that state-backed violence, deceit and lies, gag on civilian voices, and govt propaganda have always been a 'normal' in Kashmir."
- Refugees in West Java, Indonesia have no access to education so they established their own schoolRefugees can spend many years in Indonesia without possibility of permanent settlement.
- On activism and the self"Behind the instagrammable image of the fierce-looking individual with a clenched fist is a person who is constantly rationalizing and reaffirming their fidelity to radical politics."
- Nepal’s only folk musical instrument museum is struggling to save rare instrumentsNepal's only museum on musical instruments is facing eviction amidst lack of support from researchers and general visitors. Global Voices talks to Ram Prasad Kadel, the founder, and curator.
- The transformative power of prayer: How devotional gatherings are taking root in UgandaAn interview with representatives of a community in Uganda explores how collective prayer is influencing society at large.
- Artistic expressions blossom across the globeCommunities around the world draw on the arts to honor the approaching 200th anniversary of the birth of the Bab.
- Special bicentenary collection added to Baha’i Media BankA rich collection of images and videos has been released in preparation for the 200th anniversary of the birth of the Bab.
- Power of history: the pursuit of truth, justice, and unityA network of likeminded organizations, including the U.S. Baha’i public affairs office, is exploring the power of history in shaping the future.
- Communities feel spiritual impulse of pilgrimageFor thousands of people each year, Baha’i pilgrimage represents a period of reflection and renewal, of meditation and prayer, and of profound transformation.
- Exploring how Houses of Worship are connecting with their societiesThe latest Baha’i World News Service podcast episode features insights emerging from some of the Baha’i Temples around the world.
- In natural disasters, capacities of local communities vitalThe Baha’i International Community hosted a dynamic exchange about central role of local communities in humanitarian relief.
- In Spain, a dynamic conversation aims to prevent radicalizationWith academics, journalists, and government and military officials grappling with extremism, a university course brings to light emerging and leading perspectives.
- As momentous bicentenary approaches, communities prepareAs the 200th anniversary of the birth of the Bab approaches, many communities are preparing, including the Baha’is of Germany.