~ Subject Index Links ~
Larger Words = More Articles
Larger Words = More Articles
#Conversations #mainstreetwriters #SocialEra #TraditionalPublishing #WritersLife A book's beginning Accountability Groups for writers active imagination Activism and Peace Work Adrian G Hilder advice Advice for Authors Advice for Writers Alan Rinzler Alexander M Zoltai alien aliens Ali Noel Vyain ALLi Alliance of Independent Authors Alternative Facts Amazon Amazon Publishing American Library Association Andre Norton Anne Enright Annie Dillard Apple art artist Arts Ask The Author Aspiring Writers Australia author Author's Advice Author's Guild Author's Resources Author's Voice Author Advice Author Blogs Author Earnings author interview Author Interviews author platform Author Platforms author promotion authors Author Scams Authors Finding Readers Author Solutions Authors reasons Baha'i Baha'u'llah Bahá'í Faith Banned Books Banned Books Week Barnes & Noble Barry Eisler Begin a book Beginning a book Beginning to write a book Behind The Scenes Best Friend bestseller BestsellerBound Bestsellers Bestselling Authors Beta Readers Be the Gateway Bibliotherapy Big Five Big Six blog blog comments Blog Conversations Blog Discussions Blogger Bloggers blogging Blogosphere Blog Poll blog post blog posts Blog Post Series blogroll blogs blog statistics blog stats Blog Survey BlogTalkRadio Blog Visitors blues book Book Banning Book Blogs Book Covers Book Depository book design Book Designers Book distribution Book Island book marketing Book Piracy book promotion Book Publishing Book Recommendations book review Book Reviews Book Riot books Book Sales Booksellers book series Bookshops Bookstores Book World Boring books Brain Pickings C. J. Cherryh Canterbury Tales Carl Jung Center for Story-Based Strategy Challenging books characters Charles Dickens Children's Books Choosing what to read Climate Change Coleman Barks Collective Unconscious communication Consciousness copyright Corporate Control Corporate World Corporations Cory Doctorow crazy CreateSpace creative creative writing creativity crisis criticism critique Critique Group Dan Blank Darcia Helle David Gaughran Dean Wesley Smith death debut novel depression Developmental Editor Diana Krall Diaspora Dictionaries Dictionary Difficult Books Digital Books Digital Book World Digital Publishing digital rights management Discoverability Discussion about libraries Discussions about age and writing Does age make you write differently? Don Quixote Doris Lessing Dragon dreams DRM E-book E-books E-readers E. M. Forster Earth Eat Pray Love ebook ebooks editing Editing for Writers editor editors Education Education for Writers Elif Shafak Elizabeth Gilbert Elizabeth S. Craig Emily Dickinson Engaging an Audience England English Grammar English language Environmental disaster Erin McKean Erma Bombeck Ernest Hemingway Espresso Book Machine Etymologies etymology Evolution of Grammar Facebook facebook fiction Fahrenheit 451 Failure faith Famous Authors Fantasy FastPencil favorite author feedback feelings fiction Fiction Writing Finding Readers First Book Flash Fiction Forbes Forest Avenue Press Francine Prose Francis Ford Coppola Frankfurt Book Fair Frank Herbert free book free books freedom Free E-books Free Ebooks Free Education Freelance Writers freelance writing Freelancing Free Novel Free Online Courses free software Friday Fantasy G+ Games Gaming Gatekeepers Gene Doucette genre Genre fiction George Orwell Getting writing help Glimmer Train global global crisis global peace God GoodReads Google Google Plus Grammar Grammar Nazi grammar nerd grief Hachette Haley Whitehall Harnessing the Power of Narrative for Social Change Harry Potter Healing Help for writers Help with Writing Hermann Hesse Hindustan Contessa Historical fiction How do you begin a book? How do you choose what to read? How should I begin a book? how to choose what to read how to write How writers write Hugh Howey humanity humor iAuthor iBooks illiteracy Illiterate imagination Improve Your Grammar independent authors Independent Book Publishers Association Independent Publishers Indie Author Indie Authors Indie Books Indie Publishing Indie Writers Ingram Innovation International Literacy Day International Writing Program Internet interview Iowa City Israel Is Your Soul In Here? J. A. Konrath J.K. Rowling J. R. R. Tolkien James Joyce James Patterson Jamie Jammers Inaka Jane Friedman Jane Watson Jessica Bell Joanna Penn Joe Konrath Joel Blaine Kirkpatrick Joel Friedlander John C. Gardner John Gardner Johnpaul Mahofski Jonah Berger Jung justice Kickstarter Kindle Kindle Unlimited Kinds of readers Kitely knowledge Kobo Kristine Kathryn Rusch Kurt Vonnegut language Language challenges language difficulties Laura Stanfill learning Learning How To Write Learning to write Legacy Publishers Legacy Publishing Leo Babauta Leonard Balsera lexicographer Librarian Librarians Libraries library library classifications library memories Library of Congress library pages LibraryThing LibreOffice Lindsay Buroker LinkedIn Literacy literary literary community Literary Fiction Literature Little Free Libraries Little Free Library LitWorld Local Library Lord of the Rings Lynn Biederstadt Magic Main Street Writers Movement making money as a writer Margaret Atwood Maria Popova Mark Coker Mark Twain Massachusetts Max E. Stone meaning means of communication metaphor metaphysical metaphysics methods of writing Michael Quinion micro fiction microfiction Mind Mobile Reading MOOC Most common words in English muse music Music video My Next Book mystery Myth Nail Your Novel NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month Neil Gaiman networking New Blog Post Series New York Public Library New York Times Nicholas Sparks Nilofer Merchant Nook No Shelf Required Notebooks Notes from An Alien Nova Sparks novel novels Older Authors Older Writers Online Etymology Dictionary opinion Opinion poll Original Stories Orna Ross Oxford Dictionary Oxford English Dictionary Oxford University Press Paddy O'Reilly Paulo Coelho peace Pearson PEN American Center Penguin Random House PEN International perfection Personal Unconscious Pew Research Center Philosophy Picking your next read Pink Floyd Piracy planning Plasma Cosmology playing for change plot Poem Poems poet poetry Poets & Writers poll Polls Porter Anderson post Poverty Print Books Print Books and E-books Print Books vs E-books Print on demand Print readers Project Gutenberg promote promote your writing Promoting Books promotion Proper Grammar psychology publication Public library publish publisher Publishers Publishers Weekly publishing publishing advice Publishing Perspectives Publishing Survey Publishing Tips Pulitzer Prize Rachelle Gardner Random House Ray Bradbury Re-blog read Read An E-book Week reader Reader's Poll reader categories reader category Reader Comments reader opinion reader opinions Readers readership reading Reading Aloud Reading challenges Reading level Reading Like A Writer reading methods Reading Poll reading styles Reading Survey reading techniques Reading To Children Reality Reasons for writing Rebekah Webb Reedsy religion Resources for Writers responsibility review reviewer reviews Roleplaying Roz Morris Rules of Writing Rumi Salon Sarah Kay Sci-Fi science science fiction Scott Turow Scrivener Second Life Self-Editing Self-Help Books self-publish self-published Self-Published Author Self-Published Authors Self-Published Writer Self-published Writers self-publisher Self-Publishers self-publishing Selfpublish Selfpublished Selfpublisher Selfpublishing Selling Books Selling E-books Serious Writing Seth Godin Shakespeare Share your ideas Shoghí Effendí Short Stories Short story Short Tales Simone Benedict singer Sir Ken Robinson Slate Small Presses Smashwords social media Social network social networking Social Networks social responsibility soul space Special Blog Posts Speculative fiction spirit Spoilers Star Trek Stealing Books Stephen King Steven King stories Storium story Story Bazaar Storytellers Storytelling Strange Fantasies Studying Grammar Success Successful Authors survey Surveys Survey Says Suw Charman-Anderson SyFy TechCrunch Ted Talks Telling Stories Tennessee The Alliance of Independent Authors The Atlantic The Book Designer The Bookseller The Curator The Danger of A Single Story The Guardian The Hobbit The Hot Sheet The Lord of the Rings The Millions The Muse The New Yorker The New York Times The Paris Review Thesaurus The State of Writing The Writing Life Thought Tips for Writers Tobias Buckell Todd Bol to make common Toni Morrison Top Books top posts Top Tags Traditionally Published Authors Traditional Publisher Traditional Publishers traditional publishing Truth Truth in Fiction Twitter types of readers Types of reading Styles Typographical Errors typos UNESCO United Kingdom United Nations Unity Unleashing The Idea Virus Unpublished Scenes Ursula K. Le Guin Various Stories Various Tales video Virginia Quarterly Review Virtual reality virtual world Virtual Worlds Visual Thesaurus Wattpad What's the first step in beginning a book? What About All The Authors Whose Books Don’t Sell Very Many Copies? What Age Brings to Writing What an author should do What Are Words What do you read? What Should I Write What’s The “Best” Way To Learn “Proper” Grammar? When does a book begin? Why Do Certain People Become Writers? why writers write Willa Cather William Gibson word Wordery word histories word history Word Meanings Wordnik words Words are My Matter Word Usage world World Book Day World peace World Read Aloud Day Worldreader World Wide Words write writer writer's advice Writer's Block Writer's Digest Writer's Life Writer's Poll Writer's Prompts Writer's Survey writer's tips writer's voice Writer Resources writers Writers' Groups Writers' support groups Writers and Money writers discussion group Writers Finding Readers writers methods writers on writing Writers reasons Writers Residencies Writers Resources Writers Tools Writer Unboxed writing writing a book writing advice Writing Aids Writing and Editing Writing A Novel writing blogs writing challenge Writing Challenge ~ Use The 1200 Most Common Words To Write A Story… Writing Contests Writing Courses Writing for Money Writing Groups writing habits writing help Writing Maxims Writing Poll Writing Process Writing Prompts Writing Resources Writing Rules Writing Sites writing software Writing style Writing Success Writing Survey writing tips Writing Tools YouTube `Abdu'l-Bahá
Special Pages . . .
Over 2,300 posts by Month & Year…
Search here with your own keywords…
- Mo Farah in row with Haile Gebrselassie over hotel theftFarah claims money, a watch and two phones were taken from his room at a hotel owned by Haile Gebrsellasie, who he felt should've done more to get his property back.
- Cyclone kills one, leaves trail of destruction across MozambiqueIt was the most powerful storm on record to hit Mozambique's northern coast and came just six weeks after Cyclone Idai.
- Thousands protest against Algeria's ruling elitePresident Abdelaziz Bouteflika stepped down after 20 years in power, demonstrators say those who supported him must go.
- Huge crowds continue to flood Khartoum pushing for civilian ruleAfter suspending talks with the military council last Sunday, the opposition coalition on Wednesday announced that they would resume negotiations on forming a transitional government.
- Central American migrants continue to face crackdown in MexicoA signal of a shift in policy away from providing humanitarian support for Central American refugees and towards a programme of containment which is more in line with the demands of the US president.
- Russia was too quick to celebrate Zelensky's victory in UkraineIn fact, the Kremlin may start missing ex-President Petro Poroshenko very soon.
- New generation of Syrian refugees displaced in Jordan's camp cityZaatari camp in Jordan near the Syrian border is home to almost 80,000 refugees - 40 percent of them aged under 11.
- Sri Lanka bombings: All the latest updatesPresident Sirisena vows to defeat 'terrorism' following the Easter bombings as police look for 140 ISIL suspects.
- SAS pilots strike, travel plans of 170,000 passengers at riskThe Swedish Air Line Pilots Association said negotiations had failed to find a solution to pilots' working conditions.
- CEO of carpooling service disinvited from interview on Russian state media after producer found out she was a womanRussia still has a long way to go in terms of gender equality.
- Malaysian activist under police probe after LGBT speech at the United Nations"The police investigation into Numan’s statement merely serves to highlight the harassment, bullying and discrimination faced by LGBT persons in Malaysia."
- A look at United Arab Emirate's renewable energy goalsThe UAE’s climate commitment for 2021 is “is not consistent with holding warming to below 2°C, let alone limiting it to 1.5°C as required under the Paris Agreement.”
- A conversation with the creator of FindyourB, a podcast for soul-searching Kazakh millennialsA podcast that examines identity and value systems is attracting young people in Kazakhstan.
- Leica's promo video referencing Tiananmen Square massacre went viral on Chinese social media. Then, it disappeared.For days, users were forbidden from writing the words "Leica" in English and "徕卡" in Chinese on Weibo.
- As a comedian wins Ukraine's presidency by a landslide, Russians watch with awe and envyRussians have been glued to their screens as they watched a rare show: unpredictable elections where an incumbent can hold debates with an outsider, lose the vote, and concede peacefully.
- India bans China's TikTok for ‘degrading culture and encouraging pornography’People in India have been banned from downloading TikTok, a hugely popular quick video-sharing app based in China.
- Government actions in Sri Lanka Easter bombings raise the question: Is social media helping or hurting?The swift decision to block certain social media platforms suggests that in the eyes of the Sri Lankan government, these services can make an already bad situation worse.
- A series of bomb attacks on churches and hotels spark terror in Sri LankaHundreds were killed and injured in a series of planned explosions in Sri Lanka. A twelve-hour islandwide curfew was declared by the government while social media sites were restricted.
- How Daily Prayer and Meditation Transformed My LifeDuring a moment of prayer, I came to the realization that I had deep fears around my self-worth. Years of societal conditioning about what made me beautiful, successful and valuable... The post How Daily Prayer and Meditation Transformed My Life appeared first on BahaiTeachings.org.
- Juliet Crossley: Portraying Black NobilityJuliet Crossley is a Nashville-based portrait artist driven by an “intense desire to change the imagery of black people.” Through the application of marker on paper, Juliet uses her voice... The post Juliet Crossley: Portraying Black Nobility appeared first on BahaiTeachings.org.
- How Electronic Dance Music Brought Me Closer to GodCan music bring us closer to the Creator? It certainly has for electronic dance music producer Vahid N’Dobe, known as EDUKE. The BahaiTeachings.org interview with EDUKE continues, and in this... The post How Electronic Dance Music Brought Me Closer to God appeared first on BahaiTeachings.org.
- The Golden Rule and the Green RuleI went “green” when I read Frances Morre Lappe’s book Diet for a Small Planet, which inspired me to be vegetarian in the early 1970s. Around that same time I... The post The Golden Rule and the Green Rule appeared first on BahaiTeachings.org.
- Do I Have the Right Attitude for Community Service?Community service can be difficult. But often, the difficulty is in our attitude, not in our circumstances. I’ve participated in community building efforts since I was very young, starting with... The post Do I Have the Right Attitude for Community Service? appeared first on BahaiTeachings.org.
- Refinement, Cleanliness and SpiritualityIf no society is any better than its constituent members, then the refined individual forms the bedrock of a global community. Of course, refined individuals don’t just magically appear. They... The post Refinement, Cleanliness and Spirituality appeared first on BahaiTeachings.org.
- Black Roses Grow through ConcreteHave you ever seen a rose growing through concrete? Usually, the presence of beautiful roses means a good gardener has been hard at work, right? In her 2002 recording A... The post Black Roses Grow through Concrete appeared first on BahaiTeachings.org.
- Is Our Interdependence a Strength or a Weakness?Like many of you, I spend some of my mornings reviewing the news from around the world. I read the headlines and if I am interested, I’ll read the article.... The post Is Our Interdependence a Strength or a Weakness? appeared first on BahaiTeachings.org.
- For These Teens, Earth Day is Every DayThe Junior Youth Spiritual Empowerment Program—a movement taking shape globally—inspires young people between the ages of 11-15 to work together towards building a better world. Every week my husband... The post For These Teens, Earth Day is Every Day appeared first on BahaiTeachings.org.