Subject Index Links
Larger Words = More Articles
Search here with your own keywords…
Special Pages . . .
- UN urges Southeast Asia governments to rescue stranded Rohingya
- Confusion and anxiety in China as draconian COVID curbs eased
- World Cup 2022, Day 20: Final 8
- Keystone pipeline temporarily closed following Kansas oil spill
- Peru ex-President Castillo detained as ‘rebellion’ probe proceeds
- US prison warden found guilty in ‘rape club’ abuse caseRay Garcia is first of five defendants to go to trial on charges of abusing women detained in a California prison.
- US sues to block Microsoft buying ‘Call of Duty’ maker ActivisionAntitrust regulator FTC said Microsoft had a record of buying valuable gaming content, using it to suppress competition
- Is Germany at risk of violent plots by far-right groups?German police say they have disrupted a far-right plot to violently overthrow the government.
- Griner’s release raises fresh concerns about fate of Paul WhelanAs US welcomes release of basketball star Brittney Griner, calls grow to free other US citizen detained in Russia.
- US Native American tribes seek to reintroduce indigenous wildlifeNative American groups in the US are trying to restore local species like ferrets and foxes as extinctions increase.
- Portugal says Ronaldo did not threaten to leave World Cup squadPortugal's Football Federation has denied reports that the captain threatened to walk out on the team in Qatar.
- The last of the Tharu traditional healers of Nepal
- China faces a rough road ahead for ending its zero-COVID policiesUnder the zero-COVID policy, public resources are spent on PCR tests, building quarantine facilities, controlling people's movement rather than vaccinations and grassroots medical infrastructures. Governments can't afford that anymore.
- How the Venezuelan government uses social media to cover up its biggest corruption case
- These culturally conscious African fashion designers are leading another sportswear revolution
- State capture in South Africa by the Gupta family: A lesson on political influence
- Freedom of expression in Tanzania is on a downward spiral
- New report: Framing China's Belt and Road Initiative
- Global Voices is on Mastodon (and back on Tumblr)!
- Popular TikToker Nekoglai tells of torture by Russian police
- Activists strive for data protection in Indonesia"... there is a long way to go to achieve stronger data protection in Indonesia."
- Twitter account “No Context Russia” is sad yet hilarious
- Short film: “A Library for All Who Seek Knowledge”
- Zambia: Group of villages awaken to possibilities for raising local educational system
- COP27: Consensus on guiding principles essential to climate action, says BIC
- BIC New York: Short film about coral reef restoration project screened at COP27
- Shrine of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá: Base layer of west berm nearing completion
- Food Security: Agricultural resilience depends on education of young farmers, says BIC
- Austria: Play explores Táhirih’s connection with pioneer of women’s movement
- Kazakhstan: Social progress depends on commitment to spiritual principles
- BIC New York: Exploring the concept of shared identity during UN General Assembly High-Level Week