Subject Index Links
Larger Words = More Articles
#Conversations #mainstreetwriters #SocialEra #TraditionalPublishing #WritersLife A book's beginning Accountability Groups for writers active imagination Activism and Peace Work Adrian G Hilder advice Advice for Authors Advice for Writers Alan Rinzler Alexander M Zoltai alien aliens ALLi Alliance of Independent Authors Alternative Facts Amazon Amazon Publishing American Library Association Andre Norton Anne Enright Annie Dillard Apple art artist Arts Ask The Author Aspiring Writers Australia author Author's Advice Author's Guild Author's Resources Author's Voice Author Advice Author Blogs Author Earnings author interview Author Interviews author platform Author Platforms author promotion authors Author Scams Authors Finding Readers Author Solutions Authors reasons Baha'i Baha'u'llah Bahá'í Faith Banned Books Banned Books Week Barnes & Noble Barry Eisler Begin a book Beginning a book Beginning to write a book Behind The Scenes Best Friend bestseller BestsellerBound Bestsellers Bestselling Authors Beta Readers Be the Gateway Bibliotherapy Big Five Big Six blog blog comments Blog Conversations Blog Discussions Blogger Bloggers blogging Blogosphere Blog Poll blog post blog posts Blog Post Series blogroll blogs blog statistics blog stats Blog Survey Blog Visitors blues book Book Banning Book Blogs Book Covers Book Depository book design Book Designers Book distribution Book Island book marketing Book Piracy book promotion Book Publishing Book Recommendations book review Book Reviews Book Riot books Book Sales Booksellers book series Bookshops Bookstores Boring books Brain Pickings C. J. Cherryh Canterbury Tales Carl Jung Center for Story-Based Strategy Challenging books characters Charles Dickens children Children's Books Choosing what to read Climate Change Coleman Barks Collective Unconscious communication Consciousness copyright Corporate Control Corporate World Corporations Cory Doctorow crazy CreateSpace creative creative writing creativity crisis criticism critique Critique Group Dan Blank Darcia Helle David Gaughran Dean Wesley Smith death debut novel depression Developmental Editor Diana Krall Diaspora Dictionaries Dictionary Difficult Books Digital Books Digital Book World Digital Publishing digital rights management Discoverability Discussion about libraries Discussions about age and writing Does age make you write differently? Don Quixote Doris Lessing Dragon dreams DRM E-book E-books E-readers E. M. Forster Earth Eat Pray Love ebook ebooks editing Editing for Writers editor editors Education Education for Writers Elif Shafak Elizabeth Gilbert Elizabeth S. Craig Emily Dickinson Engaging an Audience England English Grammar English language Environmental disaster Erin McKean Erma Bombeck Ernest Hemingway Espresso Book Machine Etymologies etymology Evolution of Grammar Facebook facebook fiction Fahrenheit 451 Failure faith Famous Authors Fantasy FastPencil favorite author feedback feelings fiction fictional dream Fiction Writing fictive dream Finding Readers First Book Flash Fiction Forbes Forest Avenue Press Francine Prose Francis Ford Coppola Frankfurt Book Fair Frank Herbert free book free books freedom Free E-books Free Ebooks Free Education Freelance Writers freelance writing Freelancing Free Novel Free Online Courses free software Friday Fantasy G+ Games Gaming Gatekeepers Gene Doucette genre Genre fiction George Orwell Getting writing help Glimmer Train global global crisis global peace God GoodReads Google Google Plus Grammar Grammar Nazi grammar nerd grief Hachette Haley Whitehall Harnessing the Power of Narrative for Social Change Harry Potter Healing Help for writers Help with Writing Hermann Hesse Hindustan Contessa Historical fiction How do you begin a book? How do you choose what to read? How should I begin a book? how to choose what to read how to write How writers write Hugh Howey humanity humor iAuthor iBooks illiteracy Illiterate imagination Improve Your Grammar independent authors Independent Book Publishers Association Independent Publishers Indie Author Indie Authors Indie Books Indie Publishing Indie Writers Ingram Innovation International Literacy Day International Writing Program Internet interview Iowa City Israel Is Your Soul In Here? J. A. Konrath J.K. Rowling J. R. R. Tolkien James Joyce James Patterson Jamie Jammers Inaka Jane Friedman Jane Watson Jessica Bell Joanna Penn Joe Konrath Joel Blaine Kirkpatrick Joel Friedlander John C. Gardner John Gardner Johnpaul Mahofski Jonah Berger Jung justice Kickstarter kids Kindle Kindle Unlimited Kinds of readers Kitely knowledge Kobo Kristine Kathryn Rusch Kurt Vonnegut language Language challenges language difficulties Laura Stanfill learning Learning How To Write Learning to write Legacy Publishers Legacy Publishing Leo Babauta Leonard Balsera Librarian Librarians Libraries library library classifications library memories Library of Congress library pages LibraryThing LibreOffice Lindsay Buroker LinkedIn Literacy literary literary community Literary Fiction Literature Little Free Libraries Little Free Library LitWorld Local Library Lord of the Rings Lynn Biederstadt Magic Main Street Writers Movement making money as a writer Margaret Atwood Maria Popova Mark Coker Mark Twain Massachusetts Max E. Stone meaning means of communication metaphor metaphysical metaphysics methods of writing microfiction micro fiction Mind Mobile Reading MOOC Most common words in English muse music Music video My Next Book mystery Myth Nail Your Novel NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month Neil Gaiman networking New Blog Post Series New York Public Library New York Times Nicholas Sparks Nilofer Merchant Nook No Shelf Required Notebooks Notes from An Alien Nova Sparks novel novels Older Authors Older Writers Online Etymology Dictionary opinion Opinion poll Original Stories Orna Ross Oxford Dictionary Oxford English Dictionary Oxford University Press Paddy O'Reilly Paulo Coelho peace Pearson PEN American Center Penguin Random House PEN International perfection Personal Unconscious Pew Research Center Philosophy Picking your next read Pink Floyd Piracy planning Plasma Cosmology playing for change plot Poem Poems poet poetry Poets & Writers poll Polls Porter Anderson post Poverty Print Books Print Books and E-books Print Books vs E-books Print on demand Print readers Project Gutenberg promote promote your writing Promoting Books promotion Proper Grammar psychology publication Public library publish publisher Publishers Publishers Weekly publishing publishing advice Publishing Perspectives Publishing Survey Publishing Tips Pulitzer Prize Rachelle Gardner Random House Ray Bradbury Re-blog read Read An E-book Week reader Reader's Poll reader categories reader category Reader Comments reader opinion reader opinions Readers readership reading Reading Aloud Reading challenges Reading level Reading Like A Writer reading methods Reading Poll reading styles Reading Survey reading techniques Reading To Children Reality Reasons for writing Rebekah Webb Reedsy religion Resources for Writers responsibility review reviewer reviews Roleplaying Roz Morris Rules of Writing Rumi Salon Sarah Kay Sci-Fi science science fiction Scott Turow Scrivener Second Life Self-Editing Self-Help Books self-publish self-published Self-Published Author Self-Published Authors Self-Published Writer Self-published Writers self-publisher Self-Publishers self-publishing Selfpublish Selfpublished Selfpublisher Selfpublishing Selling Books Selling E-books Serious Writing Seth Godin Shakespeare Share your ideas Shoghí Effendí Short Stories Short story Short Tales Simone Benedict singer Sir Ken Robinson Slate Small Presses Smashwords social media Social network social networking Social Networks social responsibility soul space Special Blog Posts Speculative fiction spirit Spoilers Star Trek Stealing Books Stephen King Steven King stories Storium story Story Bazaar Storytellers Storytelling Strange Fantasies Studying Grammar Success Successful Authors survey Surveys Survey Says Suw Charman-Anderson SyFy TechCrunch Ted Talks Telling Stories Tennessee The Alliance of Independent Authors The Atlantic The Book Designer The Bookseller The Curator The Danger of A Single Story The Guardian The Hobbit The Hot Sheet The Lord of the Rings The Millions The Muse The New Yorker The New York Times The Paris Review Thesaurus The State of Writing The Writing Life Thought Tips for Writers Tobias Buckell Todd Bol to make common Toni Morrison Tony Riches Top Books top posts Top Tags Traditionally Published Authors Traditional Publisher Traditional Publishers traditional publishing Truth Truth in Fiction Twitter types of readers Types of reading Styles Typographical Errors typos UNESCO United Kingdom United Nations Unity Unleashing The Idea Virus Unpublished Scenes Ursula K. Le Guin Various Stories Various Tales video Virginia Quarterly Review Virtual reality virtual world Virtual Worlds Visual Thesaurus Wattpad What's the first step in beginning a book? What About All The Authors Whose Books Don’t Sell Very Many Copies? What Age Brings to Writing What an author should do What Are Words What do you read? What Should I Write What’s The “Best” Way To Learn “Proper” Grammar? When does a book begin? Why Do Certain People Become Writers? why writers write Willa Cather William Gibson word Wordery word histories word history Word Meanings Wordnik words Words are My Matter Word Usage world World Book Day World peace World Read Aloud Day Worldreader World Wide Words write writer writer's advice Writer's Block Writer's Digest Writer's Life Writer's Poll Writer's Prompts Writer's Survey writer's tips writer's voice Writer Resources writers Writers' Groups Writers' support groups Writers and Money writers discussion group Writers Finding Readers writers methods writers on writing Writers reasons Writers Residencies Writers Resources Writers Tools Writer Unboxed writing writing a book writing advice Writing Aids Writing and Editing Writing A Novel writing blogs writing challenge Writing Challenge ~ Use The 1200 Most Common Words To Write A Story… Writing Contests Writing Courses Writing for Money Writing Groups writing habits writing help Writing Maxims Writing Poll Writing Process Writing Prompts Writing Resources Writing Rules Writing Sites writing software Writing style Writing Success Writing Survey writing tips Writing Tools YouTube `Abdu'l-Bahá
Search here with your own keywords…
Special Pages . . .
- Russia-Ukraine war: List of key events, day 286As the Russia-Ukraine war enters its 286th day, we take a look at the main developments.
- A Legacy: Reviving Rwanda’s dramatic hairstyleRwanda’s striking Amasunzu hairstyle, with its crests and partings which once carried messages, is making a comeback.
- Tanzania scraps independence celebration, diverts funds to kidsPresident Samia Suluhu Hassan redirected this year's budget to building dormitories for children with special needs.
- Ukraine war will make renewables top electricity source: IEARussian fossil fuel bans propel world towards solar, wind and other renewable energy sources, says new report.
- World Cup: Inside Qatar‘The fans have been full of surprises this World Cup.’
- Which teams have reached the World Cup quarter-finals?Six teams have booked their place in the quarter-finals after a series of thrilling round-of-16 matches in Qatar.
- Polls open in crucial Georgia runoff race for US SenateRepublicans look to bounce back from midterm setbacks by unseating Democrat Raphael Warnock in the southern US state.
- What the rise of Prigozhin and Kadyrov tell us about RussiaThe empowerment of Putin loyalists who command their own forces may not bode well for the stability of the state.
- An unsolved murder amid Costa Rica’s Indigenous land disputesAmid violence over land rights, the questions of heritage and who the land belongs to remain difficult to answer.
- Win World Cup for Pele, Brazil football fans tell teamThe three-time World Cup champion, hospitalised with colon cancer, continues to inspire fans globally.
- ‘Repeating cycle’: Protesters decry Sudan agreementCritics fear the deal extends a lifeline to the Rapid Support Forces paramilitary group which led the 2021 coup.
- Freedom of expression in Tanzania is on a downward spiralIn Tanzania, freedom of expression is a constitutional right of every citizen that has however been undermined by the continuous passing and enacting of a series of repressive regulations over the years.
- New report: Framing China's Belt and Road InitiativeExplore the effectiveness and impact of China's attempts to promote its Belt and Road Initiative through narratives, and read the full report produced by our Civic Media Observatory.
- Global Voices is on Mastodon (and back on Tumblr)!In light of recent events, we've been working to make sure you can find our international stories wherever you are!
- Popular TikToker Nekoglai tells of torture by Russian policeThe TikToker's example shows that videos with some political and oppositional content may be as popular among young audience as entertainment ones.
- Activists strive for data protection in Indonesia"... there is a long way to go to achieve stronger data protection in Indonesia."
- Twitter account “No Context Russia” is sad yet hilariousA Twitter account shows images from Russia without context, portraying the country in sad and ironic tones.
- It's the International Day of Persons with Disabilities, but in Trinidad & Tobago, ‘barriers remain in place’'Hardly a day goes by that we are not reminded of our disadvantaged position in society [...] from access to early intervention, assessments and therapies, to education and everything else.'
- Khodanoor Lajaei: Icon for a revolution Khondoor Lajaei rose to fame because of the way he contrasted the happiness and freedom experienced by ordinary Iranians with the grief that many Iranians associate with the government.
- Nigerian student arrested after calling First Lady ‘fat from corruption’ on TwitterLast year, the Nigerian government suspended Twitter for seven months, lifting the embargo in January after Twitter agreed to the conditions made by the government, which further clamps down on the digital rights of Nigerian citizens.
- China’s foreign interference narrative fails to successfully demonize the nationwide anti-zero COVID protests"...if there are foreign forces, they will not incite people to protest...they should wish the lockdown last for a decade until the country and its people become so poor..."
- ‘In Ecuador, disinformation has spread like a fungus,’ says Ecuadorian investigative journalist"Most politicians resort to the tactic of hiring an advertising agency to campaign, but the troll center is part of the deal."
- Zambia: Group of villages awaken to possibilities for raising local educational systemConsultations about Bahá’í educational programs cast light on the growing capacity in Katuyola to address complex challenges associated with the education of young people
- COP27: Consensus on guiding principles essential to climate action, says BICThe BIC delegation at the COP27 climate summit participated in numerous discussions, highlighting the need for humanity to recast its relationship with the natural world.
- BIC New York: Short film about coral reef restoration project screened at COP27A film produced by the BIC explores a Bahá’í social action initiative in Tanna, Vanuatu, to revitalize and protect a local coral reef ecosystem.
- Shrine of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá: Base layer of west berm nearing completionConstruction work continues on the Shrine of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, with work on the concrete base layer of the west berm nearly completed.
- Food Security: Agricultural resilience depends on education of young farmers, says BICThe Geneva Office of the BIC explores insights from Bahá’í endeavors that engage young farmers in rural areas through participatory action-research programs.
- Austria: Play explores Táhirih’s connection with pioneer of women’s movementA play staged by the Bahá’ís of Austria explores the connection between Táhirih, a Bahá’í heroine, and Marianne Hainisch, founder of Austria’s women’s movement.
- Kazakhstan: Social progress depends on commitment to spiritual principlesReligion has a central role to play in establishing peace, say Bahá’í delegates at the 7th Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions.
- BIC New York: Exploring the concept of shared identity during UN General Assembly High-Level WeekThe New York Office of the Bahá’í International Community hosted a series of events, exploring the need for a shared identity based on the principle of oneness.
- “Love for all humanity”: Contributing to the discourse on racial unity in the NetherlandsThe Dutch Bahá’í Office of External Affairs reflects on insights from its experiences in contributing to a discourse on racial unity, exploring the principle of oneness.