Subject Index Links
Larger Words = More Articles
#Conversations #mainstreetwriters #SocialEra #TraditionalPublishing #WritersLife A book's beginning Accountability Groups for writers active imagination Activism and Peace Work Adrian G Hilder advice Advice for Authors Advice for Writers Alan Rinzler Alexander M Zoltai alien aliens ALLi Alliance of Independent Authors Alternative Facts Amazon Amazon Publishing American Library Association Andre Norton Anne Enright Annie Dillard Apple art artist Arts Ask The Author Aspiring Writers Australia author Author's Advice Author's Guild Author's Resources Author's Voice Author Advice Author Blogs Author Earnings author interview Author Interviews author platform Author Platforms author promotion authors Author Scams Authors Finding Readers Author Solutions Authors reasons Baha'i Baha'u'llah Bahá'í Faith Banned Books Banned Books Week Barnes & Noble Barry Eisler Begin a book Beginning a book Beginning to write a book Behind The Scenes Best Friend bestseller BestsellerBound Bestsellers Bestselling Authors Beta Readers Be the Gateway Bibliotherapy Big Five Big Six blog blog comments Blog Conversations Blog Discussions Blogger Bloggers blogging Blogosphere Blog Poll blog post blog posts Blog Post Series blogroll blogs blog statistics blog stats Blog Survey Blog Visitors blues book Book Banning Book Blogs Book Covers Book Depository book design Book Designers Book distribution Book Island book marketing Book Piracy book promotion Book Publishing Book Recommendations book review Book Reviews Book Riot books Book Sales Booksellers book series Bookshops Bookstores Boring books Brain Pickings C. J. Cherryh Canterbury Tales Carl Jung Center for Story-Based Strategy Challenging books characters Charles Dickens children Children's Books Choosing what to read Climate Change Coleman Barks Collective Unconscious communication Consciousness copyright Corporate Control Corporate World Corporations Cory Doctorow crazy CreateSpace creative creative writing creativity crisis criticism critique Critique Group Dan Blank Darcia Helle David Gaughran Dean Wesley Smith death debut novel depression Developmental Editor Diana Krall Diaspora Dictionaries Dictionary Difficult Books Digital Books Digital Book World Digital Publishing digital rights management Discoverability Discussion about libraries Discussions about age and writing Does age make you write differently? Don Quixote Doris Lessing Dragon dreams DRM E-book E-books E-readers E. M. Forster Earth Eat Pray Love ebook ebooks editing Editing for Writers editor editors Education Education for Writers Elif Shafak Elizabeth Gilbert Elizabeth S. Craig Emily Dickinson Engaging an Audience England English Grammar English language Environmental disaster Erin McKean Erma Bombeck Ernest Hemingway Espresso Book Machine Etymologies etymology Evolution of Grammar Facebook facebook fiction Fahrenheit 451 Failure faith Famous Authors Fantasy FastPencil favorite author feedback feelings fiction fictional dream Fiction Writing fictive dream Finding Readers First Book Flash Fiction Forbes Forest Avenue Press Francine Prose Francis Ford Coppola Frankfurt Book Fair Frank Herbert free book free books freedom Free E-books Free Ebooks Free Education Freelance Writers freelance writing Freelancing Free Novel Free Online Courses free software Friday Fantasy G+ Games Gaming Gatekeepers Gene Doucette genre Genre fiction George Orwell Getting writing help Glimmer Train global global crisis global peace God GoodReads Google Google Plus Grammar Grammar Nazi grammar nerd grief Hachette Haley Whitehall Harnessing the Power of Narrative for Social Change Harry Potter Healing Help for writers Help with Writing Hermann Hesse Hindustan Contessa Historical fiction How do you begin a book? How do you choose what to read? How should I begin a book? how to choose what to read how to write How writers write Hugh Howey humanity humor iAuthor iBooks illiteracy Illiterate imagination Improve Your Grammar independent authors Independent Book Publishers Association Independent Publishers Indie Author Indie Authors Indie Books Indie Publishing Indie Writers Ingram Innovation International Literacy Day International Writing Program Internet interview Iowa City Israel Is Your Soul In Here? J. A. Konrath J.K. Rowling J. R. R. Tolkien James Joyce James Patterson Jamie Jammers Inaka Jane Friedman Jane Watson Jessica Bell Joanna Penn Joe Konrath Joel Blaine Kirkpatrick Joel Friedlander John C. Gardner John Gardner Johnpaul Mahofski Jonah Berger Jung justice Kickstarter kids Kindle Kindle Unlimited Kinds of readers Kitely knowledge Kobo Kristine Kathryn Rusch Kurt Vonnegut language Language challenges language difficulties Laura Stanfill learning Learning How To Write Learning to write Legacy Publishers Legacy Publishing Leo Babauta Leonard Balsera Librarian Librarians Libraries library library classifications library memories Library of Congress library pages LibraryThing LibreOffice Lindsay Buroker LinkedIn Literacy literary literary community Literary Fiction Literature Little Free Libraries Little Free Library LitWorld Local Library Lord of the Rings Lynn Biederstadt Magic Main Street Writers Movement making money as a writer Margaret Atwood Maria Popova Mark Coker Mark Twain Massachusetts Max E. Stone meaning means of communication metaphor metaphysical metaphysics methods of writing microfiction micro fiction Mind Mobile Reading MOOC Most common words in English muse music Music video My Next Book mystery Myth Nail Your Novel NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month Neil Gaiman networking New Blog Post Series New York Public Library New York Times Nicholas Sparks Nilofer Merchant Nook No Shelf Required Notebooks Notes from An Alien Nova Sparks novel novels Older Authors Older Writers Online Etymology Dictionary opinion Opinion poll Original Stories Orna Ross Oxford Dictionary Oxford English Dictionary Oxford University Press Paddy O'Reilly Paulo Coelho peace Pearson PEN American Center Penguin Random House PEN International perfection Personal Unconscious Pew Research Center Philosophy Picking your next read Pink Floyd Piracy planning Plasma Cosmology playing for change plot Poem Poems poet poetry Poets & Writers poll Polls Porter Anderson post Poverty Print Books Print Books and E-books Print Books vs E-books Print on demand Print readers Project Gutenberg promote promote your writing Promoting Books promotion Proper Grammar psychology publication Public library publish publisher Publishers Publishers Weekly publishing publishing advice Publishing Perspectives Publishing Survey Publishing Tips Pulitzer Prize Rachelle Gardner Random House Ray Bradbury Re-blog read Read An E-book Week reader Reader's Poll reader categories reader category Reader Comments reader opinion reader opinions Readers readership reading Reading Aloud Reading challenges Reading level Reading Like A Writer reading methods Reading Poll reading styles Reading Survey reading techniques Reading To Children Reality Reasons for writing Rebekah Webb Reedsy religion Resources for Writers responsibility review reviewer reviews Roleplaying Roz Morris Rules of Writing Rumi Salon Sarah Kay Sci-Fi science science fiction Scott Turow Scrivener Second Life Self-Editing Self-Help Books self-publish self-published Self-Published Author Self-Published Authors Self-Published Writer Self-published Writers self-publisher Self-Publishers self-publishing Selfpublish Selfpublished Selfpublisher Selfpublishing Selling Books Selling E-books Serious Writing Seth Godin Shakespeare Share your ideas Shoghí Effendí Short Stories Short story Short Tales Simone Benedict singer Sir Ken Robinson Slate Small Presses Smashwords social media Social network social networking Social Networks social responsibility soul space Special Blog Posts Speculative fiction spirit Spoilers Star Trek Stealing Books Stephen King Steven King stories Storium story Story Bazaar Storytellers Storytelling Strange Fantasies Studying Grammar Success Successful Authors survey Surveys Survey Says Suw Charman-Anderson SyFy TechCrunch Ted Talks Telling Stories Tennessee The Alliance of Independent Authors The Atlantic The Book Designer The Bookseller The Curator The Danger of A Single Story The Guardian The Hobbit The Hot Sheet The Lord of the Rings The Millions The Muse The New Yorker The New York Times The Paris Review Thesaurus The State of Writing The Writing Life Thought Tips for Writers Tobias Buckell Todd Bol to make common Toni Morrison Tony Riches Top Books top posts Top Tags Traditionally Published Authors Traditional Publisher Traditional Publishers traditional publishing Truth Truth in Fiction Twitter types of readers Types of reading Styles Typographical Errors typos UNESCO United Kingdom United Nations Unity Unleashing The Idea Virus Unpublished Scenes Ursula K. Le Guin Various Stories Various Tales video Virginia Quarterly Review Virtual reality virtual world Virtual Worlds Visual Thesaurus Wattpad What's the first step in beginning a book? What About All The Authors Whose Books Don’t Sell Very Many Copies? What Age Brings to Writing What an author should do What Are Words What do you read? What Should I Write What’s The “Best” Way To Learn “Proper” Grammar? When does a book begin? Why Do Certain People Become Writers? why writers write Willa Cather William Gibson word Wordery word histories word history Word Meanings Wordnik words Words are My Matter Word Usage world World Book Day World peace World Read Aloud Day Worldreader World Wide Words write writer writer's advice Writer's Block Writer's Digest Writer's Life Writer's Poll Writer's Prompts Writer's Survey writer's tips writer's voice Writer Resources writers Writers' Groups Writers' support groups Writers and Money writers discussion group Writers Finding Readers writers methods writers on writing Writers reasons Writers Residencies Writers Resources Writers Tools Writer Unboxed writing writing a book writing advice Writing Aids Writing and Editing Writing A Novel writing blogs writing challenge Writing Challenge ~ Use The 1200 Most Common Words To Write A Story… Writing Contests Writing Courses Writing for Money Writing Groups writing habits writing help Writing Maxims Writing Poll Writing Process Writing Prompts Writing Resources Writing Rules Writing Sites writing software Writing style Writing Success Writing Survey writing tips Writing Tools YouTube `Abdu'l-Bahá
Search here with your own keywords…
Special Pages . . .
- African fans in Qatar confident teams will advance to knockoutsAfter stellar performances by Ghana and Cameroon, fans see their teams going through to the next World Cup stage.
- What is delaying Turkey’s ground operation in northern Syria?Turkish President Erdogan has said that his country will force the YPG away from the Turkey-Syria border.
- A ‘march to unite India’, led by Congress, reaches half-way markThe nationwide march on foot, led by India's main opposition leader Rahul Gandhi, has reached its 80th day.
- Israeli filmmaker’s remarks on Kashmir Files trigger row in IndiaIsraeli envoy to India slams Nadav Lapid after he calls controversial film on Kashmir dispute 'propaganda' and 'vulgar'.
- QatarEnergy, ConocoPhillips sign LNG deal for GermanyThe agreement provides Germany with two million tonnes of LNG annually for at least 15 years starting from 2026.
- How Joe Biden suckered EuropeBoxed in, the European Union is failing the test of the war in Ukraine.
- NATO chief says alliance will not back down on Ukraine aidForeign ministers meeting in Bucharest are focusing on ramping up more winter aid for Kyiv.
- Stowaways travel from Nigeria to Canary Islands on ship’s rudderThe three men rescued by the Spanish coastguard after 11 days at sea showed symptoms of dehydration and hypothermia.
- French teen seeks justice after policeman beats, urinates on himPoliceman to face trial after footage shows him abuse a 14-year-old boy in Paris during last year's lockdown.
- Zimbabwe faces power woes as low dam level halts hydroelectricityThe Kariba South Hydro Power Station provides Zimbabwe with about 70 percent of its electricity.
- West Bank: Two brothers among four Palestinians killed by IsraelJawad and Dhafr Rimawi were killed during an Israeli raid near Ramallah, while another man was killed near Hebron.
- A viral video of a dog abused at a shelter reveals a polarized TurkeyAnimal rights activists say this was not an isolated case, which sparked public outcry over the poor state of shelters and the mistreatment of animals.
- In Turkey, social media platforms become complicit in censoring media and freedom of speechTwitter, YouTube, TikTok, and Facebook have become complicit in aiding the state to silence independent voices in Turkey, even at times when content is not political.
- Global Voices seeks an editor to lead our Ukraine coverageOriginally published on Global Voices Are you a writer and editor with a deep understanding of and curiosity about all facets of Ukraine? Are you excited about shaping ideas into stories, social media posts, and other editorial outputs in collaboration with a diverse community? If you answered “yes” to the...
- China’s zero-COVID policy sparks rare country-wide protests"...I am the one who jumped from the highrise; I am the victim trapped in the fire. If I am not there yet, I will be the next one."
- ‘I am not returning to this hell’: In the Russian North Caucasus, NGOs help victims of gender and LGBTQ+ violence to escapeNGOs in North Caucasus are buy tickets and provide other transport for people to escape violence, and assist with legal issues, housing, and medical needs. They need donations to continue.
- China in Uzbek media: Friend or foe?China’s image can be seen in various tones on different sources of media in Uzbekistan, and people’s perceptions of it are mostly shaped by the media source they refer to
- Undertones: Twitter is a double-edged sword for the Global SouthTwitter’s slow or sudden collapse may particularly hit countries with high levels of censorship, disinformation, and political instability.
- Bolsonaro and his supporters continue to undermine democracy after losing Brazil's electionClaiming they want to save Brazil from communism, Bolsonaristas have been protesting while refusing to acknowledge Lula's victory. Meanwhile, Bolsonaro and his party challenged the electoral system at the Electoral Court.
- Rare street protests across China: Is Xi Jinping's zero-COVID policy turning people against their government?Frustration with Xi Jinping's heavily enforced policy of 'Zero-COVID' has turned Chinese people against their government in unprecedented street demonstration now affecting all main cities in a heavily-policed state
- Released foreigners share their prison experiences in Myanmar"I'd like to emphasize the fact the most vulnerable have been victimized by the military, which is still going on."
- Why are Jamaicans crazy about Brazilian football?Where did this devotion originate from? The similarity of the colours in the countries’ flags, the flamboyant style of play, or the presence of so many players of colour?
- COP27: Consensus on guiding principles essential to climate action, says BICThe BIC delegation at the COP27 climate summit participated in numerous discussions, highlighting the need for humanity to recast its relationship with the natural world.
- BIC New York: Short film about coral reef restoration project screened at COP27A film produced by the BIC explores a Bahá’í social action initiative in Tanna, Vanuatu, to revitalize and protect a local coral reef ecosystem.
- Shrine of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá: Base layer of west berm nearing completionConstruction work continues on the Shrine of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, with work on the concrete base layer of the west berm nearly completed.
- Food Security: Agricultural resilience depends on education of young farmers, says BICThe Geneva Office of the BIC explores insights from Bahá’í endeavors that engage young farmers in rural areas through participatory action-research programs.
- Austria: Play explores Táhirih’s connection with pioneer of women’s movementA play staged by the Bahá’ís of Austria explores the connection between Táhirih, a Bahá’í heroine, and Marianne Hainisch, founder of Austria’s women’s movement.
- Kazakhstan: Social progress depends on commitment to spiritual principlesReligion has a central role to play in establishing peace, say Bahá’í delegates at the 7th Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions.
- BIC New York: Exploring the concept of shared identity during UN General Assembly High-Level WeekThe New York Office of the Bahá’í International Community hosted a series of events, exploring the need for a shared identity based on the principle of oneness.
- “Love for all humanity”: Contributing to the discourse on racial unity in the NetherlandsThe Dutch Bahá’í Office of External Affairs reflects on insights from its experiences in contributing to a discourse on racial unity, exploring the principle of oneness.
- BIC Brussels: Exploring agricultural policies in light of the oneness of humanityThe Bahá’í International Community has released a statement exploring the implications of the principle of the oneness of humanity for improving global food security.