Subject Index Links
Larger Words = More Articles
#Conversations #mainstreetwriters #SocialEra #TraditionalPublishing #WritersLife A book's beginning Accountability Groups for writers active imagination Activism and Peace Work Adrian G Hilder advice Advice for Authors Advice for Writers Alan Rinzler Alexander M Zoltai alien aliens ALLi Alliance of Independent Authors Alternative Facts Amazon Amazon Publishing American Library Association Andre Norton Anne Enright Annie Dillard Apple art artist Arts Ask The Author Aspiring Writers Australia author Author's Advice Author's Guild Author's Resources Author's Voice Author Advice Author Blogs Author Earnings author interview Author Interviews author platform Author Platforms author promotion authors Author Scams Authors Finding Readers Author Solutions Authors reasons Baha'i Baha'u'llah Bahá'í Faith Banned Books Banned Books Week Barnes & Noble Barry Eisler Begin a book Beginning a book Beginning to write a book Behind The Scenes Best Friend bestseller BestsellerBound Bestsellers Bestselling Authors Beta Readers Be the Gateway Bibliotherapy Big Five Big Six blog blog comments Blog Conversations Blog Discussions Blogger Bloggers blogging Blogosphere Blog Poll blog post blog posts Blog Post Series blogroll blogs blog statistics blog stats Blog Survey Blog Visitors blues book Book Banning Book Blogs Book Covers Book Depository book design Book Designers Book distribution Book Island book marketing Book Piracy book promotion Book Publishing Book Recommendations book review Book Reviews Book Riot books Book Sales Booksellers book series Bookshops Bookstores Boring books Brain Pickings C. J. Cherryh Canterbury Tales Carl Jung Center for Story-Based Strategy Challenging books characters Charles Dickens children Children's Books Choosing what to read Climate Change Coleman Barks Collective Unconscious communication Consciousness copyright Corporate Control Corporate World Corporations Cory Doctorow crazy CreateSpace creative creative writing creativity crisis criticism critique Critique Group Dan Blank Darcia Helle David Gaughran Dean Wesley Smith death debut novel depression Developmental Editor Diana Krall Diaspora Dictionaries Dictionary Difficult Books Digital Books Digital Book World Digital Publishing digital rights management Discoverability Discussion about libraries Discussions about age and writing Does age make you write differently? Don Quixote Doris Lessing Dragon dreams DRM E-book E-books E-readers E. M. Forster Earth Eat Pray Love ebook ebooks editing Editing for Writers editor editors Education Education for Writers Elif Shafak Elizabeth Gilbert Elizabeth S. Craig Emily Dickinson Engaging an Audience England English Grammar English language Environmental disaster Erin McKean Erma Bombeck Ernest Hemingway Espresso Book Machine Etymologies etymology Evolution of Grammar Facebook facebook fiction Fahrenheit 451 Failure faith Famous Authors Fantasy FastPencil favorite author feedback feelings fiction fictional dream Fiction Writing fictive dream Finding Readers First Book Flash Fiction Forbes Forest Avenue Press Francine Prose Francis Ford Coppola Frankfurt Book Fair Frank Herbert free book free books freedom Free E-books Free Ebooks Free Education Freelance Writers freelance writing Freelancing Free Novel Free Online Courses free software Friday Fantasy G+ Games Gaming Gatekeepers Gene Doucette genre Genre fiction George Orwell Getting writing help Glimmer Train global global crisis global peace God GoodReads Google Google Plus Grammar Grammar Nazi grammar nerd grief Hachette Haley Whitehall Harnessing the Power of Narrative for Social Change Harry Potter Healing Help for writers Help with Writing Hermann Hesse Hindustan Contessa Historical fiction How do you begin a book? How do you choose what to read? How should I begin a book? how to choose what to read how to write How writers write Hugh Howey humanity humor iAuthor iBooks illiteracy Illiterate imagination Improve Your Grammar independent authors Independent Book Publishers Association Independent Publishers Indie Author Indie Authors Indie Books Indie Publishing Indie Writers Ingram Innovation International Literacy Day International Writing Program Internet interview Iowa City Israel Is Your Soul In Here? J. A. Konrath J.K. Rowling J. R. R. Tolkien James Joyce James Patterson Jamie Jammers Inaka Jane Friedman Jane Watson Jessica Bell Joanna Penn Joe Konrath Joel Blaine Kirkpatrick Joel Friedlander John C. Gardner John Gardner Johnpaul Mahofski Jonah Berger Jung justice Kickstarter kids Kindle Kindle Unlimited Kinds of readers Kitely knowledge Kobo Kristine Kathryn Rusch Kurt Vonnegut language Language challenges language difficulties Laura Stanfill learning Learning How To Write Learning to write Legacy Publishers Legacy Publishing Leo Babauta Leonard Balsera Librarian Librarians Libraries library library classifications library memories Library of Congress library pages LibraryThing LibreOffice Lindsay Buroker LinkedIn Literacy literary literary community Literary Fiction Literature Little Free Libraries Little Free Library LitWorld Local Library Lord of the Rings Lynn Biederstadt Magic Main Street Writers Movement making money as a writer Margaret Atwood Maria Popova Mark Coker Mark Twain Massachusetts Max E. Stone meaning means of communication metaphor metaphysical metaphysics methods of writing microfiction micro fiction Mind Mobile Reading MOOC Most common words in English muse music Music video My Next Book mystery Myth Nail Your Novel NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month Neil Gaiman networking New Blog Post Series New York Public Library New York Times Nicholas Sparks Nilofer Merchant Nook No Shelf Required Notebooks Notes from An Alien Nova Sparks novel novels Older Authors Older Writers Online Etymology Dictionary opinion Opinion poll Original Stories Orna Ross Oxford Dictionary Oxford English Dictionary Oxford University Press Paddy O'Reilly Paulo Coelho peace Pearson PEN American Center Penguin Random House PEN International perfection Personal Unconscious Pew Research Center Philosophy Picking your next read Pink Floyd Piracy planning Plasma Cosmology playing for change plot Poem Poems poet poetry Poets & Writers poll Polls Porter Anderson post Poverty Print Books Print Books and E-books Print Books vs E-books Print on demand Print readers Project Gutenberg promote promote your writing Promoting Books promotion Proper Grammar psychology publication Public library publish publisher Publishers Publishers Weekly publishing publishing advice Publishing Perspectives Publishing Survey Publishing Tips Pulitzer Prize Rachelle Gardner Random House Ray Bradbury Re-blog read Read An E-book Week reader Reader's Poll reader categories reader category Reader Comments reader opinion reader opinions Readers readership reading Reading Aloud Reading challenges Reading level Reading Like A Writer reading methods Reading Poll reading styles Reading Survey reading techniques Reading To Children Reality Reasons for writing Rebekah Webb Reedsy religion Resources for Writers responsibility review reviewer reviews Roleplaying Roz Morris Rules of Writing Rumi Salon Sarah Kay Sci-Fi science science fiction Scott Turow Scrivener Second Life Self-Editing Self-Help Books self-publish self-published Self-Published Author Self-Published Authors Self-Published Writer Self-published Writers self-publisher Self-Publishers self-publishing Selfpublish Selfpublished Selfpublisher Selfpublishing Selling Books Selling E-books Serious Writing Seth Godin Shakespeare Share your ideas Shoghí Effendí Short Stories Short story Short Tales Simone Benedict singer Sir Ken Robinson Slate Small Presses Smashwords social media Social network social networking Social Networks social responsibility soul space Special Blog Posts Speculative fiction spirit Spoilers Star Trek Stealing Books Stephen King Steven King stories Storium story Story Bazaar Storytellers Storytelling Strange Fantasies Studying Grammar Success Successful Authors survey Surveys Survey Says Suw Charman-Anderson SyFy TechCrunch Ted Talks Telling Stories Tennessee The Alliance of Independent Authors The Atlantic The Book Designer The Bookseller The Curator The Danger of A Single Story The Guardian The Hobbit The Hot Sheet The Lord of the Rings The Millions The Muse The New Yorker The New York Times The Paris Review Thesaurus The State of Writing The Writing Life Thought Tips for Writers Tobias Buckell Todd Bol to make common Toni Morrison Tony Riches Top Books top posts Top Tags Traditionally Published Authors Traditional Publisher Traditional Publishers traditional publishing Truth Truth in Fiction Twitter types of readers Types of reading Styles Typographical Errors typos UNESCO United Kingdom United Nations Unity Unleashing The Idea Virus Unpublished Scenes Ursula K. Le Guin Various Stories Various Tales video Virginia Quarterly Review Virtual reality virtual world Virtual Worlds Visual Thesaurus Wattpad What's the first step in beginning a book? What About All The Authors Whose Books Don’t Sell Very Many Copies? What Age Brings to Writing What an author should do What Are Words What do you read? What Should I Write What’s The “Best” Way To Learn “Proper” Grammar? When does a book begin? Why Do Certain People Become Writers? why writers write Willa Cather William Gibson word Wordery word histories word history Word Meanings Wordnik words Words are My Matter Word Usage world World Book Day World peace World Read Aloud Day Worldreader World Wide Words write writer writer's advice Writer's Block Writer's Digest Writer's Life Writer's Poll Writer's Prompts Writer's Survey writer's tips writer's voice Writer Resources writers Writers' Groups Writers' support groups Writers and Money writers discussion group Writers Finding Readers writers methods writers on writing Writers reasons Writers Residencies Writers Resources Writers Tools Writer Unboxed writing writing a book writing advice Writing Aids Writing and Editing Writing A Novel writing blogs writing challenge Writing Challenge ~ Use The 1200 Most Common Words To Write A Story… Writing Contests Writing Courses Writing for Money Writing Groups writing habits writing help Writing Maxims Writing Poll Writing Process Writing Prompts Writing Resources Writing Rules Writing Sites writing software Writing style Writing Success Writing Survey writing tips Writing Tools YouTube `Abdu'l-Bahá
Search here with your own keywords…
Special Pages . . .
- ! Alex's First Writing Site ~ FarShore Publications
- ! Awesome Author Friend Jane Watson
- ! Awesome Paddy O'Reilly Award-Winning Writer
- ! BahaiTeachings.org All About Humanity’s Evolution
- ! Course of Mirrors Ashen
- ! E-book Endeavors Lindsay Buroker
- ! Finding Time to Write Thinking, writing, thinking about writing…
- ! French Toast Girl the art and illustration of élena nazzaro
- ! Global Voices Citizen Media
- ! Institute for Studies in Global Prosperity Building capacity for discourses about the betterment of society
- ! Jasmine Arch Author and Writers’ Group Admin
- ! Jerry J. Davis Virtual Author Friend
- ! Lady P PenPusher Poet
- ! Letters to the Living essays, reflections, and poems on life’s “big issues”
- ! Lynn Biederstadt – Author Sky Diaries
- ! Once written… Awesome Poet Friend
- ! Philippa Rees Quite Serious Fun
- ! R. Jean Bell Author and Writers’ Group Admin
- ! Shout With Emaginette Anna Simpson’s Blog
- ! The Passive Voice David Vandagriff
- ! The Writing Desk Tony Riches
- ! Tribalmystic people, places, and things that have extraordinary stories
- ! Untold People, Living Stories Andréana Lefton
- ! Zen and The Art of Tightrope Walking Trying to stay in balance…
- * : Martina Sevecke-Pohlen Founder of the publishing house Wieken
- * Book Designer Joel Friedlander, proprietor of Marin Bookworks
- * C. J. Cherryh My Favorite Fiction Author
- * Jane Friedman Being Human at Electric Speed
- * Julie Christine Round Author Friend from LibraryThing
- Sudan factions delay post-coup deal on civilian ruleSigning of political agreement to name a Sudanese civilian government has been delayed to April 6, official says.
- Eastern Europe must not lag behind on the green transitionDoing so could be costly and dangerous for its future development.
- Ukraine accuses Metropolitan Pavel of condoning Russia’s invasionDuring court hearing in Kyiv, Metropolitan Pavel rejected claim by Security Service that he condoned Russia's invasion.
- Pakistan army says 4 soldiers killed in attack near Iran borderIncident took place in Kech district in southwestern Balochistan province, which borders Iran.
- Israeli police kill Palestinian man near Al-Aqsa in JerusalemThe man killed on Saturday was 26-year-old Mohammad Khaled al-Osaibi from Houra.
- Tornadoes strike Arkansas and Illinois, killing at least 7 peopleDestructive weather comes as President Biden tours the aftermath of a deadly tornado that struck Mississippi a week ago.
- Ukrainian athletes to suffer from government ban: IOCUkraine says athletes will not participate in Paris Olympics qualifying event if forced to compete against Russians.
- Israel: The state vs protestersProtests erupt in Israel amid Netanyahu’s government push for broad judicial reform. Plus, Greece’s wiretapping scandal.
- Russia-Ukraine war: Will there be a spring counteroffensive?Ukraine has hinted a counteroffensive could begin as early as April.
- Can Russia and China succeed in dethroning the dollar?Russia turns to China's yuan as its foreign currency of choice and supports it in trade with other countries.
- Finland, having cleared last NATO hurdle, heads to electionsIs Sanna Marin still popular and do most Finns support NATO? Here are five key things to know.
- Zimbabwe’s information war on digital platforms threatens free expression"Digital technology has played a huge role in spreading propaganda and disinformation because these offer a huge platform, which appeals to a large number of people."
- Interview: Behind the scenes of Netflix/UNESCO's African Folktales ReimaginedGlobal Voices spoke with juror and mentor Femi Odugbemi about his role in this project, working with his mentee, and the significance of the project to Africa’s film industry.
- Police in Kyrgyzstan pressures exiled anti-war Russians to keep quietThe war in Ukraine presented Bishkek a challenging task of navigating Russia’s demands for explicit support of its invasion and the risks of falling under Western sanctions.
- Protecting conservation areas in Nepal from infrastructure developmentBalancing development and conservation has been a longstanding challenge for countries like Nepal. Poorly planned highways, power lines, or railways now threaten to undo Nepal's conservation success.
- Micronesia’s president accuses China of bribery and ‘political warfare’"What else do you call it when an elected official is given an envelope filled with money after a meal at the PRC Embassy or after an inauguration?"
- Could Britain finally be ready to seriously discuss reparative justice with the Caribbean?The ill effects of of slavery and colonialism still linger in a myriad of ways, including economics, systemic corruption, violence, public health, education, and issues of identity.
- Legacy of a Palestinian Educator: Honoring Saniya Nusseibeh's Journey as a Teacher on land daySaniyeh's story embodies Palestinian society's century-long struggle to educate and uplift girls, highlighting women's vital role in education. Her legacy is celebrated as a symbol of Palestinian women's resilience.
- Prospects for peace loom as much as prospects for another war in Nagorno-KarabakhThe Russian Ministry of Defense said the move was a breach and violation of the agreement signed between Armenia and Azerbaijan on November 9, 2020.
- Is exile the only solution for queer Mongolians?Mongolia, has a vibrant LGBTQ+ community. Yet for them, living an openly queer life can be so challenging that many consider exile as the only viable solution.
- Civil society organisations fight for the right of association in MozambiqueCivil society organisations in Mozambique have set up a protest movement called "In defence of the right to Freedom of Association in Mozambique."
- What is contributing to St. Lucia's spike in violent crime?Gang violence, allegedly linked to the drug trade, is rising in St. Lucia. Citizens remain vigilant after a series of homicides occurred mid-March in the town of Vieux Fort.
Bahá’í World News
- DRC: House of Worship embraces all As the two-day dedication ceremony concludes, the Bahá’í world’s first national House of Worship opens its doors to the public.
- DRC: First national House of Worship opens its doorsOver 2,000 people from across the Democratic Republic of Congo gathered in Kinshasa today for the dedication of the first national Bahá’í House of Worship in the world.
- DRC Temple: Anticipation builds on eve of dedicationAnticipation grows as visitors arrive at DRC temple site for Saturday’s dedication of first-ever national Bahá’í House of Worship.
- “A collaborative artistic effort”: Architect reflects on DRC temple project Architect Heinrich Wolff’s journey in designing the DRC temple emphasizes collaboration, unity, and inspiration from the Bahá’í principle of service to humanity.
- Bahai.org: New section on Bahá’í calendar added to siteNew Bahai.org section offers an overview of the Bahá’í calendar, significant dates, and a downloadable calendar with Bahá’í dates mapped on Gregorian ones.
- Maryland Bahá’í Chair: Marking 30 years of promoting dialogue and peaceThe 30th anniversary of the Bahá’í Chair at the University of Maryland provides an opportunity to reflect on long-standing efforts to foster a more harmonious world.
- Black History Month: House of Worship fosters onenessBahá’í temple in the United States hosts event during Black History Month promoting racial harmony and social cohesion.
- BIC New York: Women’s engagement in reimagining digital technologiesA new BIC statement explores the impact of digital technologies on women and the need for much greater inclusion of women in the processes of innovation.
- BIC Brussels: Policies alone not sufficient to address racial prejudiceThe Bahá’í International Community’s statement calls for a shift in how institutions view human capacity, suggesting grassroots participation in policymaking processes.
Headphones Recommended for The Following Videos
Alexander I shared your book on facebook. Here is my link:http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/TRUTHSEEKER1966 New
Thank you, so much, for that!!!
I’ve sent you a friend-request on FB but it’s from my “co-author”, Sena Quaren :-)
Alexander! I finally made it over to visit your site after seeing your comments at “Soldiering……”. How lovely!
Thank you, Selena, for your well-received words :-)
I found your site from Haley Whitehall’s site. I really like the information and opinions that you impart here. One of the things that makes writing so liberating is the ability to let the many sides of ourselves out. I really love the interviews that you do. I am going to check out “Notes from an Alien” soon.
I’m very glad you like the interviews, as some of my regulars don’t :-)
I hope to see your feedback and comments in the posts…
And, I agree about writing letting us explore and show our many sides.
Happy to meet you Alexander! “…writing letting us explore and show our many sides.” This resonates with me on so many levels as I have only discovered my passion for writing in this, my 57th year. I was unemployed since late 2009 and just about to hang myself when a friend suggested I read her blog. Without the boring details, my life changed from that very moment. I have found a way to get things out and express myself as never before. Why didn’t I think of this before? I have always kept journals, but intermittently and written only superficially within. On the surface, I enjoy humor, but have a very “fiction” side to me. So there it is. That’s why I’m here. I believe this is a good place to make acquaintances with other writing lovers and to learn. Thanks for sharing!
I wrote little bits until I hit 42. A brief poetry phase happened then I went dark till I was about 63. Now, I’ll be writing till I die :-)
I recommend you read all the Author Interviews on this blog—many different and enlightening views…
yaay, never too late
HI Alexander, many thanks for dropping by and commenting on Gils story. I have noticed you on Once’s blog, but hesitated to drop by as your conversations were so involved and deep, that it left me floundering a bit… Totally unsure, therefore backing off slightly, I wonder sometimes about my ability to understand complex ideas.. .
Strange you should use the word Alien. I’ve felt this way for most of my life, :-D … almost one step out of sync with everything. (or almost everything) and whereas a young child I felt I was older than my years and more sure of myself, I now feel getting older I find myself somehow feeling younger and more…unsure of myself. Terrible state to find oneself in, truly. …. Many, many thanks for your comment and compliment. xPenx
We share feeling like an alien and feeling old and sure when young and young and unsure when older…
I’ve just read PlanIt. I’m still not sure whether I was reading a piece of prose, a poem, or most likely, a mixture of the two. Not that it matters either way, it was interesting and enjoyable from end to end. It’s amazing, whatever form of literature it may be claimed under. :-) Thank You again.
PlanIt is as hard to classify as Notes from An Alien…
It’s a Virtual Fable… Maybe :-)
Which means it’s virtually true also???
Yes, Barbara, virtually
Pingback: Blog Status Update ~ 2012 « Notes from An Alien
Alex, your blog is the bottom end of the funnel that I use to find everything to do with writing. After a little squeezing the world opens up before me. May it always be full and never clog.
Never been the bottom end of a funnel, Barb :-)
But I can handle that my blog may be that…
This is High Praise you offer me and definitely gives me a surge of commitment to maintain my bottom end :-)
Thanks, So Much, Barb.
I’m embarrassed to be talking about your bottom. haha
Everything’s cool ’cause it’s actually my blog’s bottom :-)
Just wanted to reiterrate that I think you are an excellant editor. Each comment you made to “A Tretise On Ghosts) was clear and understandable. Besides learning from them while correcting the mistakes I had made, I understood why they were mistakes and easily corrected them each. Thank You very much. Barbara
So glad it helped, Barb :-)
Hey, folks, go read Barbara’s story
Pingback: Top 20 Posts ~ So Far :-) « Notes from An Alien
Pingback: Top 42 Posts & Pages on Reading, Writing, and Publishing « Notes from An Alien
I am now, but I write of the future
While I write, now becomes the past
I must write faster, or the past will catch me
And my writing will become the present
Rather than the future.
So I must jump ahead five hundred years
So that I can stay ahead, at least in my thoughts
But even as I think ahead, my mind is in the present
So alas, I am currently a writer, and an author in the future
I am Alex. I travel time through my thoughts and actions.
Woah, Barb—how cool is that :-)
Pingback: Top Ten Posts About Writing & Writers . . . | Notes from An Alien
Pingback: Latest Top Ten Blog Posts and Pages | Notes from An Alien
Pingback: Top Posts & Pages for 2013 | Notes from An Alien
Thank you Alex. I made a new friend – “the Alien”. I am enjoying reading here.
You’re Very Welcome :-)
Grab all the free books, too…
Pingback: The Author’s Platform ~ Community of Interest | Notes from An Alien
Pingback: Invitation To The Madhouse ~ Report On Self-Publishing | Publetariat
You have a great site and I will follow your journey. :-)
Thank you for that encouraging comment & for your perceptiveness that this blog is a “Journey” :-)
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Top Posts & Pages for #Readers, #Writers, & #Publishers | Notes from An Alien
Pingback: The Most Visited Posts on This Blog . . . | Notes from An Alien
We analysed your main ranked keywords in Google.
We found that your total organic from Google is 23,000 visits.
We have created a free SEO report for nfaa.wordpress.com, where you can learn more about your organic search rankings.
Here are some of the leading ranked words you have:
Keyword Rank Search Volume Estimated Clicks
supposed synonym 54 4400 1
alien writing prompts 8 40 1
writing good prose 88 10 0
To view more data, please go to: https://www.sheerseo.com/organic-research/seo-data-for-nfaa.wordpress.com