~ Subject Index Links ~
Larger Words = More Articles
Larger Words = More Articles
#Conversations #mainstreetwriters #SocialEra #TraditionalPublishing #WritersLife A book's beginning Accountability Groups for writers active imagination Activism and Peace Work Adrian G Hilder advice Advice for Authors Advice for Writers Alan Rinzler Alexander M Zoltai alien aliens Ali Noel Vyain ALLi Alliance of Independent Authors Alternative Facts Amazon Amazon Publishing American Library Association Andre Norton Anne Enright Annie Dillard Apple art artist Arts Ask The Author Aspiring Writers Australia author Author's Advice Author's Guild Author's Resources Author's Voice Author Advice Author Blogs Author Earnings author interview Author Interviews author platform Author Platforms author promotion authors Author Scams Authors Finding Readers Author Solutions Authors reasons Baha'i Baha'u'llah Bahá'í Faith Banned Books Banned Books Week Barnes & Noble Barry Eisler Begin a book Beginning a book Beginning to write a book Behind The Scenes Best Friend bestseller BestsellerBound Bestsellers Bestselling Authors Beta Readers Be the Gateway Bibliotherapy Big Five Big Six blog blog comments Blog Conversations Blog Discussions Blogger Bloggers blogging Blogosphere Blog Poll blog post blog posts Blog Post Series blogroll blogs blog statistics blog stats Blog Survey BlogTalkRadio Blog Visitors blues book Book Banning Book Blogs Book Covers Book Depository book design Book Designers Book distribution Book Island book marketing Book Piracy book promotion Book Publishing Book Recommendations book review Book Reviews Book Riot books Book Sales Booksellers book series Bookshops Bookstores Book World Boring books Brain Pickings C. J. Cherryh Canterbury Tales Carl Jung Center for Story-Based Strategy Challenging books characters Charles Dickens Children's Books Choosing what to read Climate Change Coleman Barks Collective Unconscious communication Consciousness copyright Corporate Control Corporate World Corporations Cory Doctorow crazy CreateSpace creative creative writing creativity crisis criticism critique Critique Group Dan Blank Darcia Helle David Gaughran Dean Wesley Smith death debut novel depression Developmental Editor Diana Krall Diaspora Dictionaries Dictionary Difficult Books Digital Books Digital Book World Digital Publishing digital rights management Discoverability Discussion about libraries Discussions about age and writing Does age make you write differently? Don Quixote Doris Lessing Dragon dreams DRM E-book E-books E-readers E. M. Forster Earth Eat Pray Love ebook ebooks editing Editing for Writers editor editors Education Education for Writers Elif Shafak Elizabeth Gilbert Elizabeth S. Craig Emily Dickinson Engaging an Audience England English Grammar English language Environmental disaster Erin McKean Erma Bombeck Ernest Hemingway Espresso Book Machine Etymologies etymology Evolution of Grammar Facebook facebook fiction Fahrenheit 451 Failure faith Famous Authors Fantasy FastPencil favorite author feedback feelings fiction Fiction Writing Finding Readers First Book Flash Fiction Forbes Forest Avenue Press Francine Prose Francis Ford Coppola Frankfurt Book Fair Frank Herbert free book free books freedom Free E-books Free Ebooks Free Education Freelance Writers freelance writing Freelancing Free Novel Free Online Courses free software Friday Fantasy G+ Games Gaming Gatekeepers Gene Doucette genre Genre fiction George Orwell Getting writing help Glimmer Train global global crisis global peace God GoodReads Google Google Plus Grammar Grammar Nazi grammar nerd grief Hachette Haley Whitehall Harnessing the Power of Narrative for Social Change Harry Potter Healing Help for writers Help with Writing Hermann Hesse Hindustan Contessa Historical fiction How do you begin a book? How do you choose what to read? How should I begin a book? how to choose what to read how to write How writers write Hugh Howey humanity humor iAuthor iBooks illiteracy Illiterate imagination Improve Your Grammar independent authors Independent Book Publishers Association Independent Publishers Indie Author Indie Authors Indie Books Indie Publishing Indie Writers Ingram Innovation International Literacy Day International Writing Program Internet interview Iowa City Israel Is Your Soul In Here? J. A. Konrath J.K. Rowling J. R. R. Tolkien James Joyce James Patterson Jamie Jammers Inaka Jane Friedman Jane Watson Jessica Bell Joanna Penn Joe Konrath Joel Blaine Kirkpatrick Joel Friedlander John C. Gardner John Gardner Johnpaul Mahofski Jonah Berger Jung justice Kickstarter Kindle Kindle Unlimited Kinds of readers Kitely knowledge Kobo Kristine Kathryn Rusch Kurt Vonnegut language Language challenges language difficulties Laura Stanfill learning Learning How To Write Learning to write Legacy Publishers Legacy Publishing Leo Babauta Leonard Balsera lexicographer Librarian Librarians Libraries library library classifications library memories Library of Congress library pages LibraryThing LibreOffice Lindsay Buroker LinkedIn Literacy literary literary community Literary Fiction Literature Little Free Libraries Little Free Library LitWorld Local Library Lord of the Rings Lynn Biederstadt Magic Main Street Writers Movement making money as a writer Margaret Atwood Maria Popova Mark Coker Mark Twain Massachusetts Max E. Stone meaning means of communication metaphor metaphysical metaphysics methods of writing Michael Quinion micro fiction microfiction Mind Mobile Reading MOOC Most common words in English muse music Music video My Next Book mystery Myth Nail Your Novel NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month Neil Gaiman networking New Blog Post Series New York Public Library New York Times Nicholas Sparks Nilofer Merchant Nook No Shelf Required Notebooks Notes from An Alien Nova Sparks novel novels Older Authors Older Writers Online Etymology Dictionary opinion Opinion poll Original Stories Orna Ross Oxford Dictionary Oxford English Dictionary Oxford University Press Paddy O'Reilly Paulo Coelho peace Pearson PEN American Center Penguin Random House PEN International perfection Personal Unconscious Pew Research Center Philosophy Picking your next read Pink Floyd Piracy planning Plasma Cosmology playing for change plot Poem Poems poet poetry Poets & Writers poll Polls Porter Anderson post Poverty Print Books Print Books and E-books Print Books vs E-books Print on demand Print readers Project Gutenberg promote promote your writing Promoting Books promotion Proper Grammar psychology publication Public library publish publisher Publishers Publishers Weekly publishing publishing advice Publishing Perspectives Publishing Survey Publishing Tips Pulitzer Prize Rachelle Gardner Random House Ray Bradbury Re-blog read Read An E-book Week reader Reader's Poll reader categories reader category Reader Comments reader opinion reader opinions Readers readership reading Reading Aloud Reading challenges Reading level Reading Like A Writer reading methods Reading Poll reading styles Reading Survey reading techniques Reading To Children Reality Reasons for writing Rebekah Webb Reedsy religion Resources for Writers responsibility review reviewer reviews Roleplaying Roz Morris Rules of Writing Rumi Salon Sarah Kay Sci-Fi science science fiction Scott Turow Scrivener Second Life Self-Editing Self-Help Books self-publish self-published Self-Published Author Self-Published Authors Self-Published Writer Self-published Writers self-publisher Self-Publishers self-publishing Selfpublish Selfpublished Selfpublisher Selfpublishing Selling Books Selling E-books Serious Writing Seth Godin Shakespeare Share your ideas Shoghí Effendí Short Stories Short story Short Tales Simone Benedict singer Sir Ken Robinson Slate Small Presses Smashwords social media Social network social networking Social Networks social responsibility soul space Special Blog Posts Speculative fiction spirit Spoilers Star Trek Stealing Books Stephen King Steven King stories Storium story Story Bazaar Storytellers Storytelling Strange Fantasies Studying Grammar Success Successful Authors survey Surveys Survey Says Suw Charman-Anderson SyFy TechCrunch Ted Talks Telling Stories Tennessee The Alliance of Independent Authors The Atlantic The Book Designer The Bookseller The Curator The Danger of A Single Story The Guardian The Hobbit The Hot Sheet The Lord of the Rings The Millions The Muse The New Yorker The New York Times The Paris Review Thesaurus The State of Writing The Writing Life Thought Tips for Writers Tobias Buckell Todd Bol to make common Toni Morrison Top Books top posts Top Tags Traditionally Published Authors Traditional Publisher Traditional Publishers traditional publishing Truth Truth in Fiction Twitter types of readers Types of reading Styles Typographical Errors typos UNESCO United Kingdom United Nations Unity Unleashing The Idea Virus Unpublished Scenes Ursula K. Le Guin Various Stories Various Tales video Virginia Quarterly Review Virtual reality virtual world Virtual Worlds Visual Thesaurus Wattpad What's the first step in beginning a book? What About All The Authors Whose Books Don’t Sell Very Many Copies? What Age Brings to Writing What an author should do What Are Words What do you read? What Should I Write What’s The “Best” Way To Learn “Proper” Grammar? When does a book begin? Why Do Certain People Become Writers? why writers write Willa Cather William Gibson word Wordery word histories word history Word Meanings Wordnik words Words are My Matter Word Usage world World Book Day World peace World Read Aloud Day Worldreader World Wide Words write writer writer's advice Writer's Block Writer's Digest Writer's Life Writer's Poll Writer's Prompts Writer's Survey writer's tips writer's voice Writer Resources writers Writers' Groups Writers' support groups Writers and Money writers discussion group Writers Finding Readers writers methods writers on writing Writers reasons Writers Residencies Writers Resources Writers Tools Writer Unboxed writing writing a book writing advice Writing Aids Writing and Editing Writing A Novel writing blogs writing challenge Writing Challenge ~ Use The 1200 Most Common Words To Write A Story… Writing Contests Writing Courses Writing for Money Writing Groups writing habits writing help Writing Maxims Writing Poll Writing Process Writing Prompts Writing Resources Writing Rules Writing Sites writing software Writing style Writing Success Writing Survey writing tips Writing Tools YouTube `Abdu'l-Bahá
Special Pages . . .
Search here with your own keywords…
- US House condemns Trump's racist attack on four congresswomenThe symbolic vote is aimed at shaming Trump and his fellow Republicans who stood by him after racist tweets.
- Former Peruvian president Alejandro Toledo arrested in USAfter extradition request, US authorities arrest Toledo, who faces corruption charges in Peru.
- Johnny Clegg, South Africa's 'White Zulu', dies at 66Clegg was one of the few white artists to openly confront South Africa's apartheid government in the 1970s and 1980s.
- Palestinians in Lebanon protest crackdown on unlicensed workersCritics say the Lebanese government's move targets low-wage Palestinian and Syrian workers and is discriminatory.
- Trump faces US House vote on resolution condemning racist tweetsUS president again doubles down on his racially charged tweets against four Democratic congresswomen of colour.
- Qatar: Missile found among arms seized in Italy sold 25 years agoDoha says the seized air-to-air missile was sold to a 'friendly' third country that wishes not to be named.
- Religious restrictions on the rise globally: report Pew findings reveal largest increase in social hostilities towards religion in more than 10 years occurred in Europe.
- Trump: US not seeking 'regime change' in Iran standoffUS president says determined to stop Iran acquiring nuclear weapons, as supreme leader vows more breaches of 2015 deal.
- Iran hits back at US demand on ballistic missilesJavad Zarif says US must stop selling arms to Gulf allies if it wants to discuss Tehran's ballistic missiles programme.
- Turkey can't have both American F-35s and Russia's S-400s: USCalling it a 'tough situation', President Trump says US won't sell fighter jets to Ankara after its Russian purchase.
- Ursula von der Leyen: First woman to hold EU's top jobFormer German defence minister is the new EU Commission president, after narrowly winning a parliament vote.
- ‘No VAT on Pad’ protests prompt Bangladesh government to remove proposed taxAmidst protests, the Bangladesh government decided to scrap the proposed increase of VAT and supplementary duty on the manufacturing materials for locally made sanitary pads.
- Kremlin's new law against ‘online disrespect’ proves hard to implementThe law allows courts to fine or jail people found guilty of making “insulting statements” towards the authorities online.
- A prolific theatre producer is one of the latest victims in Trinidad and Tobago's homicide spiralTributes are pouring in across social media channels following the death of this local theatrical icon.
- #MeToo in Myanmar: Two documentaries on how the global movement has inspired women to speak outA major challenge in advancing women’s welfare is resisting feudal thinking like the concept of hpon which promotes the supposed superiority and positive spiritually of men over women.
- The fight against disinformation in Bulgaria is almost nonexistent, says journalist Ivan Georgiev"Bulgaria is a border state between the West and the East and it is seen as a weak spot on the European map by the Russian propaganda."
- A look at indigenous women in Mexican cinemaIndigenous Mexican women in film, like Yalitza Aparicio ("Roma", 2018), Carmen Martínez ("At' Anni'", 2019), and Ángeles Cruz ("Arcángel", 2018), are drawing the attention of audiences worldwide.
- Chinese-Australian writer Yang Hengjun still detained by Beijing after six monthsThere have been concerns that he has not received adequate support from the Australian government.
- Jamaican women tackle the climate crisis on all sidesWomen in Small Island Developing States are most at risk when it comes to the climate crisis. Luckily, different groups of Jamaican women are tackling the problem from every angle.
- Puerto Ricans demand that Governor Rosselló resign amid corruption and #Telegramgate scandalsA corruption probe by the FBI and and an 889-page Telegram chat leak reveal an ugly side of the governor and his cabinet.
- Why are people debating the proposed car-free day in Colombo?A car-free-day in Colombo sounds like a good idea from an environmental point of view, but there are other concerns -- and exposure to street harassment tops the list.
- Victoria Espinosa: Farewell to a tireless activist for Puerto Rican theaterPuerto Ricans remember renowned artist's legacy.
- In Spain, a dynamic conversation aims to prevent radicalizationWith academics, journalists, and government and military officials grappling with extremism, a university course brings to light emerging and leading perspectives.
- As momentous bicentenary approaches, communities prepareAs the 200th anniversary of the birth of the Bab approaches, many communities are preparing, including the Baha’is of Germany.
- Bringing the insights of religion into developmentA panel at a major international development conference reflected advances in thought about local capacity and the role of religion in social and economic progress.
- Momentous gathering focuses on Houses of WorshipThe Baha’i community has been engaged in an intensive process of learning about these sacred structures.
- Faith as catalyst of social change: Perspectives from the CongoFaith communities in Kinshasa have come together in pursuit of a more peaceful and united society.
- Overcoming prejudice through educationThe latest BWNS podcast episode explores how a group of young women helped their community to shed superstitious attitudes that have ostracized women for generations.
- Baha’i World article highlights centrality of agricultureDrawing on Baha’i teachings and history, an article in the newly-launched online publication describes the importance of rural development.
- Kiribati President attends annual Baha’i conventionThe country’s Baha’is are engaging with their government in a common aim to work for the betterment of the island nation.
- The Baha’i World publication launches onlineA new official Baha’i website makes available thoughtful essays and articles on contemporary issues and developments.