~ Subject Index Links ~
Larger Words = More Articles
Larger Words = More Articles
#Conversations #mainstreetwriters #SocialEra #TraditionalPublishing #WritersLife A book's beginning Accountability Groups for writers active imagination Activism and Peace Work Adrian G Hilder advice Advice for Authors Advice for Writers Alan Rinzler Alexander M Zoltai alien aliens Ali Noel Vyain ALLi Alliance of Independent Authors Alternative Facts Amazon Amazon Publishing American Library Association Andre Norton Anne Enright Annie Dillard Apple art artist Arts Ask The Author Aspiring Writers Australia author Author's Advice Author's Guild Author's Resources Author's Voice Author Advice Author Blogs Author Earnings author interview Author Interviews author platform Author Platforms author promotion authors Author Scams Authors Finding Readers Author Solutions Authors reasons Baha'i Baha'u'llah Bahá'í Faith Banned Books Banned Books Week Barnes & Noble Barry Eisler Begin a book Beginning a book Beginning to write a book Behind The Scenes Best Friend bestseller BestsellerBound Bestsellers Bestselling Authors Beta Readers Be the Gateway Bibliotherapy Big Five Big Six blog blog comments Blog Conversations Blog Discussions Blogger Bloggers blogging Blogosphere Blog Poll blog post blog posts Blog Post Series blogroll blogs blog statistics blog stats Blog Survey BlogTalkRadio Blog Visitors blues book Book Banning Book Blogs Book Covers Book Depository book design Book Designers Book distribution Book Island book marketing Book Piracy book promotion Book Publishing Book Recommendations book review Book Reviews Book Riot books Book Sales Booksellers book series Bookshops Bookstores Book World Boring books Brain Pickings C. J. Cherryh Canterbury Tales Carl Jung Center for Story-Based Strategy Challenging books characters Charles Dickens Children's Books Choosing what to read Climate Change Coleman Barks Collective Unconscious communication Consciousness copyright Corporate Control Corporate World Corporations Cory Doctorow crazy CreateSpace creative creative writing creativity crisis criticism critique Critique Group Dan Blank Darcia Helle David Gaughran Dean Wesley Smith death debut novel depression Developmental Editor Diana Krall Diaspora Dictionaries Dictionary Difficult Books Digital Books Digital Book World Digital Publishing digital rights management Discoverability Discussion about libraries Discussions about age and writing Does age make you write differently? Don Quixote Doris Lessing Dragon dreams DRM E-book E-books E-readers E. M. Forster Earth Eat Pray Love ebook ebooks editing Editing for Writers editor editors Education Education for Writers Elif Shafak Elizabeth Gilbert Elizabeth S. Craig Emily Dickinson Engaging an Audience England English Grammar English language Environmental disaster Erin McKean Erma Bombeck Ernest Hemingway Espresso Book Machine Etymologies etymology Evolution of Grammar Facebook facebook fiction Fahrenheit 451 Failure faith Famous Authors Fantasy FastPencil favorite author feedback feelings fiction Fiction Writing Finding Readers First Book Flash Fiction Forbes Forest Avenue Press Francine Prose Francis Ford Coppola Frankfurt Book Fair Frank Herbert free book free books freedom Free E-books Free Ebooks Free Education Freelance Writers freelance writing Freelancing Free Novel Free Online Courses free software Friday Fantasy G+ Games Gaming Gatekeepers Gene Doucette genre Genre fiction George Orwell Getting writing help Glimmer Train global global crisis global peace God GoodReads Google Google Plus Grammar Grammar Nazi grammar nerd grief Hachette Haley Whitehall Harnessing the Power of Narrative for Social Change Harry Potter Healing Help for writers Help with Writing Hermann Hesse Hindustan Contessa Historical fiction How do you begin a book? How do you choose what to read? How should I begin a book? how to choose what to read how to write How writers write Hugh Howey humanity humor iAuthor iBooks illiteracy Illiterate imagination Improve Your Grammar independent authors Independent Book Publishers Association Independent Publishers Indie Author Indie Authors Indie Books Indie Publishing Indie Writers Ingram Innovation International Literacy Day International Writing Program Internet interview Iowa City Israel Is Your Soul In Here? J. A. Konrath J.K. Rowling J. R. R. Tolkien James Joyce James Patterson Jamie Jammers Inaka Jane Friedman Jane Watson Jessica Bell Joanna Penn Joe Konrath Joel Blaine Kirkpatrick Joel Friedlander John C. Gardner John Gardner Johnpaul Mahofski Jonah Berger Jung justice Kickstarter Kindle Kindle Unlimited Kinds of readers Kitely knowledge Kobo Kristine Kathryn Rusch Kurt Vonnegut language Language challenges language difficulties Laura Stanfill learning Learning How To Write Learning to write Legacy Publishers Legacy Publishing Leo Babauta Leonard Balsera lexicographer Librarian Librarians Libraries library library classifications library memories Library of Congress library pages LibraryThing LibreOffice Lindsay Buroker LinkedIn Literacy literary literary community Literary Fiction Literature Little Free Libraries Little Free Library LitWorld Local Library Lord of the Rings Lynn Biederstadt Magic Main Street Writers Movement making money as a writer Margaret Atwood Maria Popova Mark Coker Mark Twain Massachusetts Max E. Stone meaning means of communication metaphor metaphysical metaphysics methods of writing Michael Quinion micro fiction microfiction Mind Mobile Reading MOOC Most common words in English muse music Music video My Next Book mystery Myth Nail Your Novel NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month Neil Gaiman networking New Blog Post Series New York Public Library New York Times Nicholas Sparks Nilofer Merchant Nook No Shelf Required Notebooks Notes from An Alien Nova Sparks novel novels Older Authors Older Writers Online Etymology Dictionary opinion Opinion poll Original Stories Orna Ross Oxford Dictionary Oxford English Dictionary Oxford University Press Paddy O'Reilly Paulo Coelho peace Pearson PEN American Center Penguin Random House PEN International perfection Personal Unconscious Pew Research Center Philosophy Picking your next read Pink Floyd Piracy planning Plasma Cosmology playing for change plot Poem Poems poet poetry Poets & Writers poll Polls Porter Anderson post Poverty Print Books Print Books and E-books Print Books vs E-books Print on demand Print readers Project Gutenberg promote promote your writing Promoting Books promotion Proper Grammar psychology publication Public library publish publisher Publishers Publishers Weekly publishing publishing advice Publishing Perspectives Publishing Survey Publishing Tips Pulitzer Prize Rachelle Gardner Random House Ray Bradbury Re-blog read Read An E-book Week reader Reader's Poll reader categories reader category Reader Comments reader opinion reader opinions Readers readership reading Reading Aloud Reading challenges Reading level Reading Like A Writer reading methods Reading Poll reading styles Reading Survey reading techniques Reading To Children Reality Reasons for writing Rebekah Webb Reedsy religion Resources for Writers responsibility review reviewer reviews Roleplaying Roz Morris Rules of Writing Rumi Salon Sarah Kay Sci-Fi science science fiction Scott Turow Scrivener Second Life Self-Editing Self-Help Books self-publish self-published Self-Published Author Self-Published Authors Self-Published Writer Self-published Writers self-publisher Self-Publishers self-publishing Selfpublish Selfpublished Selfpublisher Selfpublishing Selling Books Selling E-books Serious Writing Seth Godin Shakespeare Share your ideas Shoghí Effendí Short Stories Short story Short Tales Simone Benedict singer Sir Ken Robinson Slate Small Presses Smashwords social media Social network social networking Social Networks social responsibility soul space Special Blog Posts Speculative fiction spirit Spoilers Star Trek Stealing Books Stephen King Steven King stories Storium story Story Bazaar Storytellers Storytelling Strange Fantasies Studying Grammar Success Successful Authors survey Surveys Survey Says Suw Charman-Anderson SyFy TechCrunch Ted Talks Telling Stories Tennessee The Alliance of Independent Authors The Atlantic The Book Designer The Bookseller The Curator The Danger of A Single Story The Guardian The Hobbit The Hot Sheet The Lord of the Rings The Millions The Muse The New Yorker The New York Times The Paris Review Thesaurus The State of Writing The Writing Life Thought Tips for Writers Tobias Buckell Todd Bol to make common Toni Morrison Top Books top posts Top Tags Traditionally Published Authors Traditional Publisher Traditional Publishers traditional publishing Truth Truth in Fiction Twitter types of readers Types of reading Styles Typographical Errors typos UNESCO United Kingdom United Nations Unity Unleashing The Idea Virus Unpublished Scenes Ursula K. Le Guin Various Stories Various Tales video Virginia Quarterly Review Virtual reality virtual world Virtual Worlds Visual Thesaurus Wattpad What's the first step in beginning a book? What About All The Authors Whose Books Don’t Sell Very Many Copies? What Age Brings to Writing What an author should do What Are Words What do you read? What Should I Write What’s The “Best” Way To Learn “Proper” Grammar? When does a book begin? Why Do Certain People Become Writers? why writers write Willa Cather William Gibson word Wordery word histories word history Word Meanings Wordnik words Words are My Matter Word Usage world World Book Day World peace World Read Aloud Day Worldreader World Wide Words write writer writer's advice Writer's Block Writer's Digest Writer's Life Writer's Poll Writer's Prompts Writer's Survey writer's tips writer's voice Writer Resources writers Writers' Groups Writers' support groups Writers and Money writers discussion group Writers Finding Readers writers methods writers on writing Writers reasons Writers Residencies Writers Resources Writers Tools Writer Unboxed writing writing a book writing advice Writing Aids Writing and Editing Writing A Novel writing blogs writing challenge Writing Challenge ~ Use The 1200 Most Common Words To Write A Story… Writing Contests Writing Courses Writing for Money Writing Groups writing habits writing help Writing Maxims Writing Poll Writing Process Writing Prompts Writing Resources Writing Rules Writing Sites writing software Writing style Writing Success Writing Survey writing tips Writing Tools YouTube `Abdu'l-Bahá
Special Pages . . .
Search here with your own keywords…
- Hong Kong protests: Pro-China groups hold rallyThousands turned out for a so-called Safeguard Hong Kong rally, calling for unity in a city that has become deeply divided.
- Ethiopia: At least 17 killed in violence over Sidama autonomyA local official says 13 people were killed a day after hospital authorities reported four died of gunshot wounds.
- Thousands rally in Moscow backing barred opposition candidatesAt least 10,000 protest authorities' refusal to allow opposition candidates to register for local polls.
- Netanyahu becomes Israel's longest-serving prime ministerHe is accused of accepting gifts from wealthy businessmen and granting favours in return for positive media coverage.
- Ethiopia suffers from lack of doctors for physical therapyFor an estimated 105 million people in the country, there are only 17 doctors for physical therapy.
- Nicaragua revolution: Divisions continue after 40 yearsPresident and former rebel, Daniel Ortega, called for a divided nation to come together, but people are sceptical.
- Apollo 11 landing: Fifty years since the first moonwalkNASA plans to return to the moon by 2024.
- Lebanon political crisis: Power-sharing deal under threatSome accuse Foreign Minister Gebran Bassil of using his power to undermine the country's sectarian-based power-sharing system.
- Hong Kong actor Simon Yam stabbed on stage in mainland ChinaYam was stabbed while appearing on stage for a promotional event in southern Guangdong province's Zhongshan city.
- Iraqi Kurdish authorities arrest suspect behind Erbil shooting'The man who planned the assassination' of Turkish diplomat was arrested on Saturday, officials said.
- Rebuilding continues in Puerto Rico 2 years after hurricane MariaThe hurricane in 2017 affected 35,000 people on the far southeast corner of the island.
- Vietnamese-American musician's song in support of Hong Kong anti-extradition protesters goes viral"As a Hong Konger, I am touched....Thank you for giving us strength to carry on."
- Fake news about “human sacrifices” for the Padma Bridge leads to violence in BangladeshEight people have been detained across Bangladesh for spreading ‘Human heads and blood will be sacrificed for Padma Bridge pillars’ rumors on Facebook.
- What do Zimbabwe’s internet disruptions say about the state of digital rights in the country?Government officials have repeatedly described access to social media as a potential threat, hinting that more disruptions would not be ruled out in the future.
- Netizen Report: In Nigeria and Russia, laws against online ‘insult’ put internet activists on thin iceActivists in Nigeria and Russia face charges for "online insult", a Twitter campaign targets "anti-Pakistan" journalists abnd Mauritania’s internet is back on, for now.
- Former news anchor threatened for speaking out on crime in Trinidad and TobagoTired of the spiralling crime in her community, former national news anchor Coleen Holder continues to speak out, despite death threats against her.
- The organization and future of the Hong Kong anti-extradition protestsProfessor Francis Li shared insights into protesters' organization strategies and discussed the future of the movement during a public salon at the Hong Kong cafe Brew Note.
- Outrage in Moscow after opposition candidates barred from local electionState-appointed “handwriting experts” stepped in and discovered palpably absurd reasons to invalidate hundreds of signatures collected in support of independent candidates.
- Brazil's top court criminalizes homophobia and transphobia"We believe that punitivism should not be the way for regulation, but since we live in a society tha only reorganizes itself with laws, it is an important decision."
- Is Trinidad and Tobago ready for a liberal political party?The Progressive Party is the latest addition to Trinidad and Tobago's 2020 elections race, but can they perform well against the solidly entrenched two-party system?
- Could polygraph testing for Trinidad & Tobago police help create more public trust?With an increasing crime rate, the idea is to help make officers more accountable and rekindle public faith in the police service.
- How Nigeria uses the law to repress free speech: The case of journalist Jones AbiriDraconian legislation often used to arbitrarily detain journalists and dissenting voices exemplifies the precarious state of press freedom and free speech in Nigeria.
- In natural disasters, capacities of local communities vitalThe Baha’i International Community hosted a dynamic exchange about central role of local communities in humanitarian relief.
- In Spain, a dynamic conversation aims to prevent radicalizationWith academics, journalists, and government and military officials grappling with extremism, a university course brings to light emerging and leading perspectives.
- As momentous bicentenary approaches, communities prepareAs the 200th anniversary of the birth of the Bab approaches, many communities are preparing, including the Baha’is of Germany.
- Bringing the insights of religion into developmentA panel at a major international development conference reflected advances in thought about local capacity and the role of religion in social and economic progress.
- Momentous gathering focuses on Houses of WorshipThe Baha’i community has been engaged in an intensive process of learning about these sacred structures.
- Faith as catalyst of social change: Perspectives from the CongoFaith communities in Kinshasa have come together in pursuit of a more peaceful and united society.
- Overcoming prejudice through educationThe latest BWNS podcast episode explores how a group of young women helped their community to shed superstitious attitudes that have ostracized women for generations.
- Baha’i World article highlights centrality of agricultureDrawing on Baha’i teachings and history, an article in the newly-launched online publication describes the importance of rural development.
- Kiribati President attends annual Baha’i conventionThe country’s Baha’is are engaging with their government in a common aim to work for the betterment of the island nation.