~ Subject Index Links ~
Larger Words = More Articles
Larger Words = More Articles
#Conversations #mainstreetwriters #SocialEra #TraditionalPublishing #WritersLife A book's beginning Accountability Groups for writers active imagination Activism and Peace Work Adrian G Hilder advice Advice for Authors Advice for Writers Alan Rinzler Alexander M Zoltai alien aliens Ali Noel Vyain ALLi Alliance of Independent Authors Alternative Facts Amazon Amazon Publishing American Library Association Andre Norton Anne Enright Annie Dillard Apple art artist Arts Ask The Author Aspiring Writers Australia author Author's Advice Author's Guild Author's Resources Author's Voice Author Advice Author Blogs Author Earnings author interview Author Interviews author platform Author Platforms author promotion authors Author Scams Authors Finding Readers Author Solutions Authors reasons Baha'i Baha'u'llah Bahá'í Faith Banned Books Banned Books Week Barnes & Noble Barry Eisler Begin a book Beginning a book Beginning to write a book Behind The Scenes Best Friend bestseller BestsellerBound Bestsellers Bestselling Authors Beta Readers Be the Gateway Bibliotherapy Big Five Big Six blog blog comments Blog Conversations Blog Discussions Blogger Bloggers blogging Blogosphere Blog Poll blog post blog posts Blog Post Series blogroll blogs blog statistics blog stats Blog Survey BlogTalkRadio Blog Visitors blues book Book Banning Book Blogs Book Covers Book Depository book design Book Designers Book distribution Book Island book marketing Book Piracy book promotion Book Publishing Book Recommendations book review Book Reviews Book Riot books Book Sales Booksellers book series Bookshops Bookstores Book World Boring books Brain Pickings C. J. Cherryh Canterbury Tales Carl Jung Center for Story-Based Strategy Challenging books characters Charles Dickens Children's Books Choosing what to read Climate Change Coleman Barks Collective Unconscious communication Consciousness copyright Corporate Control Corporate World Corporations Cory Doctorow crazy CreateSpace creative creative writing creativity crisis criticism critique Critique Group Dan Blank Darcia Helle David Gaughran Dean Wesley Smith death debut novel depression Developmental Editor Diana Krall Diaspora Dictionaries Dictionary Difficult Books Digital Books Digital Book World Digital Publishing digital rights management Discoverability Discussion about libraries Discussions about age and writing Does age make you write differently? Don Quixote Doris Lessing Dragon dreams DRM E-book E-books E-readers E. M. Forster Earth Eat Pray Love ebook ebooks editing Editing for Writers editor editors Education Education for Writers Elif Shafak Elizabeth Gilbert Elizabeth S. Craig Emily Dickinson Engaging an Audience England English Grammar English language Environmental disaster Erin McKean Erma Bombeck Ernest Hemingway Espresso Book Machine Etymologies etymology Evolution of Grammar Facebook facebook fiction Fahrenheit 451 Failure faith Famous Authors Fantasy FastPencil favorite author feedback feelings fiction Fiction Writing Finding Readers First Book Flash Fiction Forbes Forest Avenue Press Francine Prose Francis Ford Coppola Frankfurt Book Fair Frank Herbert free book free books freedom Free E-books Free Ebooks Free Education Freelance Writers freelance writing Freelancing Free Novel Free Online Courses free software Friday Fantasy G+ Games Gaming Gatekeepers Gene Doucette genre Genre fiction George Orwell Getting writing help Glimmer Train global global crisis global peace God GoodReads Google Google Plus Grammar Grammar Nazi grammar nerd grief Hachette Haley Whitehall Harnessing the Power of Narrative for Social Change Harry Potter Healing Help for writers Help with Writing Hermann Hesse Hindustan Contessa Historical fiction How do you begin a book? How do you choose what to read? How should I begin a book? how to choose what to read how to write How writers write Hugh Howey humanity humor iAuthor iBooks illiteracy Illiterate imagination Improve Your Grammar independent authors Independent Book Publishers Association Independent Publishers Indie Author Indie Authors Indie Books Indie Publishing Indie Writers Ingram Innovation International Literacy Day International Writing Program Internet interview Iowa City Israel Is Your Soul In Here? J. A. Konrath J.K. Rowling J. R. R. Tolkien James Joyce James Patterson Jamie Jammers Inaka Jane Friedman Jane Watson Jessica Bell Joanna Penn Joe Konrath Joel Blaine Kirkpatrick Joel Friedlander John C. Gardner John Gardner Johnpaul Mahofski Jonah Berger Jung justice Kickstarter Kindle Kindle Unlimited Kinds of readers Kitely knowledge Kobo Kristine Kathryn Rusch Kurt Vonnegut language Language challenges language difficulties Laura Stanfill learning Learning How To Write Learning to write Legacy Publishers Legacy Publishing Leo Babauta Leonard Balsera lexicographer Librarian Librarians Libraries library library classifications library memories Library of Congress library pages LibraryThing LibreOffice Lindsay Buroker LinkedIn Literacy literary literary community Literary Fiction Literature Little Free Libraries Little Free Library LitWorld Local Library Lord of the Rings Lynn Biederstadt Magic Main Street Writers Movement making money as a writer Margaret Atwood Maria Popova Mark Coker Mark Twain Massachusetts Max E. Stone meaning means of communication metaphor metaphysical metaphysics methods of writing Michael Quinion micro fiction microfiction Mind Mobile Reading MOOC Most common words in English muse music Music video My Next Book mystery Myth Nail Your Novel NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month Neil Gaiman networking New Blog Post Series New York Public Library New York Times Nicholas Sparks Nilofer Merchant Nook No Shelf Required Notebooks Notes from An Alien Nova Sparks novel novels Older Authors Older Writers Online Etymology Dictionary opinion Opinion poll Original Stories Orna Ross Oxford Dictionary Oxford English Dictionary Oxford University Press Paddy O'Reilly Paulo Coelho peace Pearson PEN American Center Penguin Random House PEN International perfection Personal Unconscious Pew Research Center Philosophy Picking your next read Pink Floyd Piracy planning Plasma Cosmology playing for change plot Poem Poems poet poetry Poets & Writers poll Polls Porter Anderson post Poverty Print Books Print Books and E-books Print Books vs E-books Print on demand Print readers Project Gutenberg promote promote your writing Promoting Books promotion Proper Grammar psychology publication Public library publish publisher Publishers Publishers Weekly publishing publishing advice Publishing Perspectives Publishing Survey Publishing Tips Pulitzer Prize Rachelle Gardner Random House Ray Bradbury Re-blog read Read An E-book Week reader Reader's Poll reader categories reader category Reader Comments reader opinion reader opinions Readers readership reading Reading Aloud Reading challenges Reading level Reading Like A Writer reading methods Reading Poll reading styles Reading Survey reading techniques Reading To Children Reality Reasons for writing Rebekah Webb Reedsy religion Resources for Writers responsibility review reviewer reviews Roleplaying Roz Morris Rules of Writing Rumi Salon Sarah Kay Sci-Fi science science fiction Scott Turow Scrivener Second Life Self-Editing Self-Help Books self-publish self-published Self-Published Author Self-Published Authors Self-Published Writer Self-published Writers self-publisher Self-Publishers self-publishing Selfpublish Selfpublished Selfpublisher Selfpublishing Selling Books Selling E-books Serious Writing Seth Godin Shakespeare Share your ideas Shoghí Effendí Short Stories Short story Short Tales Simone Benedict singer Sir Ken Robinson Slate Small Presses Smashwords social media Social network social networking Social Networks social responsibility soul space Special Blog Posts Speculative fiction spirit Spoilers Star Trek Stealing Books Stephen King Steven King stories Storium story Story Bazaar Storytellers Storytelling Strange Fantasies Studying Grammar Success Successful Authors survey Surveys Survey Says Suw Charman-Anderson SyFy TechCrunch Ted Talks Telling Stories Tennessee The Alliance of Independent Authors The Atlantic The Book Designer The Bookseller The Curator The Danger of A Single Story The Guardian The Hobbit The Hot Sheet The Lord of the Rings The Millions The Muse The New Yorker The New York Times The Paris Review Thesaurus The State of Writing The Writing Life Thought Tips for Writers Tobias Buckell Todd Bol to make common Toni Morrison Top Books top posts Top Tags Traditionally Published Authors Traditional Publisher Traditional Publishers traditional publishing Truth Truth in Fiction Twitter types of readers Types of reading Styles Typographical Errors typos UNESCO United Kingdom United Nations Unity Unleashing The Idea Virus Unpublished Scenes Ursula K. Le Guin Various Stories Various Tales video Virginia Quarterly Review Virtual reality virtual world Virtual Worlds Visual Thesaurus Wattpad What's the first step in beginning a book? What About All The Authors Whose Books Don’t Sell Very Many Copies? What Age Brings to Writing What an author should do What Are Words What do you read? What Should I Write What’s The “Best” Way To Learn “Proper” Grammar? When does a book begin? Why Do Certain People Become Writers? why writers write Willa Cather William Gibson word Wordery word histories word history Word Meanings Wordnik words Words are My Matter Word Usage world World Book Day World peace World Read Aloud Day Worldreader World Wide Words write writer writer's advice Writer's Block Writer's Digest Writer's Life Writer's Poll Writer's Prompts Writer's Survey writer's tips writer's voice Writer Resources writers Writers' Groups Writers' support groups Writers and Money writers discussion group Writers Finding Readers writers methods writers on writing Writers reasons Writers Residencies Writers Resources Writers Tools Writer Unboxed writing writing a book writing advice Writing Aids Writing and Editing Writing A Novel writing blogs writing challenge Writing Challenge ~ Use The 1200 Most Common Words To Write A Story… Writing Contests Writing Courses Writing for Money Writing Groups writing habits writing help Writing Maxims Writing Poll Writing Process Writing Prompts Writing Resources Writing Rules Writing Sites writing software Writing style Writing Success Writing Survey writing tips Writing Tools YouTube `Abdu'l-Bahá
Special Pages . . .
Search here with your own keywords…
- Lifeboat: On the Waters of the Refugee CrisisInside a rescue mission off the coast of Libya where volunteers pick up refugees fleeing Africa and the Middle East.
- HK police fire tear gas as protesters injure officer with arrowPolice use tear gas and water cannon as clashes resume following week marked by intensifying violence.
- In Pictures: Iranians protest against increase in fuel pricesDemonstrators take to the streets in towns and cities across the country after surprise move to increase petrol prices.
- Iran Supreme Leader Khamenei backs petrol price hike decisionAyatollah Ali Khamenei blames enemies for 'sabotage' after protesters clash with security forces.
- The New Space RaceThere is a new space race - and this one is a little different from the Cold War version.
- Sri Lanka: Rajapaksa wins presidency as Premadasa concedesRuling party candidate Sajith Premadasa congratulates his main rival for victory in hard-fought election.
- Can local and faith leaders help halt the spread of Ebola in DRC?Local leaders are helping turn the tide on Ebola in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- One month on: Hope, defiance as Lebanon protests persistPoliticians yet to address protesters' demands for a technocrat gov't, a non-sectarian electoral law and early polls.
- South Africa: Monthlong UNHCR sit-in ends in violent evictionScores held after clashes at Pretoria compound of UN refugee agency where hundreds camped out to demand resettlement.
- Venezuela: Rival rallies held as Guaido calls for daily protestsOpposition leader asks followers to keep up pressure on gov't, as President Maduro's supporters also take to streets.
- Taiwan's push against 'red media'How news outlets that are said to take their editorial orders from Beijing influence media in Taiwan.
- Antigua & Barbuda wants Harvard Law School to ‘make amends’ for the gains it enjoyed from slavery"Admitting that Harvard benefited greatly from the backs of slaves in Antigua and making a few token changes to [...] a shield does nothing to correct the grave injustice."
- Iranian-Kurdish refugee Behrouz Boochani free at last from Australian offshore detention"I just arrived in New Zealand. So exciting to get freedom after more than six years."
- The November 12 clashes at the Chinese University of Hong Kong: An eyewitness view"Some of my students were tweeting things like “where is the university president, where is the management, where are the teachers?!”. . . I decided, Fuck it—I’m going to campus."
- Malaysian writer faces probe after publishing a book about her decision to not wear a hijab"It is important for us to remind the government that freedom of expression is not a crime and freedom of religious beliefs is not an insult to Islam."
- Your guide to the 2019 Sri Lankan presidential electionOn 16 November 2019, Sri Lankans are going to the polls to elect a new president. Learn more about the major players and check out our list of useful resources.
- University of the Philippines unveils new subject on the Marcos dictatorship to counter historical revisionismThe new subject can be a platform for the “conscientization” of young Filipinos on the importance of human rights, social justice and the continuing struggle for genuine freedom and democracy.
- Hong Kong's university campuses turned into battlefields amidst a three-day strikeClashes between police and student activists started the first day of the general strike on 11 November as some protesters attempted to create roadblocks to disrupt traffic.
- ‘Brazil might not be a dictatorship, but it's not a democracy either,’ says Brazilian journalistMário Magalhães wrote a book about 2018, the year that changed Brazil forever.
- No major problems with fake news in Croatia, says news anchor"We in Croatia have no major problems with false news, at least not in the mainstream media, but there is a certain distortion of facts on the margins of the media scene."
- In Mozambique, Frelimo's landslide electoral victory rejected by oppositionFrelimo also elected 184 out of 250 seats of the unicameral legislative and all 10 provincial governors.
- Hong Kong activist Joshua Wong responds to Thai Army ChiefJoshua Wong gives updates on the Hong Kong protest and addresses allegations by Gen Apirat Kongsompong, Thai Royal Army Chief.
- UN to Iran: End human rights violations against Baha’isFollowing recent reviews of Iran’s human rights record, the UN General Assembly condemns Iran for its continued attacks against religious minorities, including Baha’is.
- At BIC, bicentenary celebrations explore peace, oneness of humanityBaha’i International Community offices bring together dozens of dignitaries and other officials in celebration of the 200th anniversary of the birth of the Bab.
- “The hand of the community crafted the outcome”: Baha’i House of Worship receives prestigious international prizeThe Royal Architectural Institute of Canada International Prize recognizes the House of Worship in Santiago as an exceptional creation.
- 72 hours, one worldFor 72 hours the whole earth was illuminated by the power of unity.
- Celebrations have now encircled the globeAs global bicentenary celebrations pass the halfway mark, stories and images from around the world paint a hopeful picture of humanity, united in its rich diversity.
- President of Israel visits World Centre to honor bicentenary amid wave of commemorations in Haifa and across the globePresident Reuven Rivlin visited the Shrine of the Bab and Baha’i gardens to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the birth of the Bab.
- Worldwide celebrations begin, live updates on bicentenary site The highly anticipated bicentenary celebrations have begun with sunset in Kiribati.
- For bicentenary, Shrine of the Bab opens to thousands of visitors, community leadersTo commemorate the bicentenary, a reception was held for community leaders, and the terraces as well as the Shrine opened at night to the general public.
- Anticipation mounts: A guide for 72 hours of bicentenary coverageThis article provides a road map for connecting to the historic global celebrations marking the bicentenary, which begins Monday at sunset.