Subject Index Links
Larger Words = More Articles
#Conversations #mainstreetwriters #SocialEra #TraditionalPublishing #WritersLife A book's beginning Accountability Groups for writers active imagination Activism and Peace Work Adrian G Hilder advice Advice for Authors Advice for Writers Alan Rinzler Alexander M Zoltai alien aliens ALLi Alliance of Independent Authors Alternative Facts Amazon Amazon Publishing American Library Association Andre Norton Anne Enright Annie Dillard Apple art artist Arts Ask The Author Aspiring Writers Australia author Author's Advice Author's Guild Author's Resources Author's Voice Author Advice Author Blogs Author Earnings author interview Author Interviews author platform Author Platforms author promotion authors Author Scams Authors Finding Readers Author Solutions Authors reasons Baha'i Baha'u'llah Bahá'í Faith Banned Books Banned Books Week Barnes & Noble Barry Eisler Begin a book Beginning a book Beginning to write a book Behind The Scenes Best Friend bestseller BestsellerBound Bestsellers Bestselling Authors Beta Readers Be the Gateway Bibliotherapy Big Five Big Six blog blog comments Blog Conversations Blog Discussions Blogger Bloggers blogging Blogosphere Blog Poll blog post blog posts Blog Post Series blogroll blogs blog statistics blog stats Blog Survey Blog Visitors blues book Book Banning Book Blogs Book Covers Book Depository book design Book Designers Book distribution Book Island book marketing Book Piracy book promotion Book Publishing Book Recommendations book review Book Reviews Book Riot books Book Sales Booksellers book series Bookshops Bookstores Boring books Brain Pickings C. J. Cherryh Canterbury Tales Carl Jung Center for Story-Based Strategy Challenging books characters Charles Dickens children Children's Books Choosing what to read Climate Change Coleman Barks Collective Unconscious communication Consciousness copyright Corporate Control Corporate World Corporations Cory Doctorow crazy CreateSpace creative creative writing creativity crisis criticism critique Critique Group Dan Blank Darcia Helle David Gaughran Dean Wesley Smith death debut novel depression Developmental Editor Diana Krall Diaspora Dictionaries Dictionary Difficult Books Digital Books Digital Book World Digital Publishing digital rights management Discoverability Discussion about libraries Discussions about age and writing Does age make you write differently? Don Quixote Doris Lessing Dragon dreams DRM E-book E-books E-readers E. M. Forster Earth Eat Pray Love ebook ebooks editing Editing for Writers editor editors Education Education for Writers Elif Shafak Elizabeth Gilbert Elizabeth S. Craig Emily Dickinson Engaging an Audience England English Grammar English language Environmental disaster Erin McKean Erma Bombeck Ernest Hemingway Espresso Book Machine Etymologies etymology Evolution of Grammar Facebook facebook fiction Fahrenheit 451 Failure faith Famous Authors Fantasy FastPencil favorite author feedback feelings fiction fictional dream Fiction Writing fictive dream Finding Readers First Book Flash Fiction Forbes Forest Avenue Press Francine Prose Francis Ford Coppola Frankfurt Book Fair Frank Herbert free book free books freedom Free E-books Free Ebooks Free Education Freelance Writers freelance writing Freelancing Free Novel Free Online Courses free software Friday Fantasy G+ Games Gaming Gatekeepers Gene Doucette genre Genre fiction George Orwell Getting writing help Glimmer Train global global crisis global peace God GoodReads Google Google Plus Grammar Grammar Nazi grammar nerd grief Hachette Haley Whitehall Harnessing the Power of Narrative for Social Change Harry Potter Healing Help for writers Help with Writing Hermann Hesse Hindustan Contessa Historical fiction How do you begin a book? How do you choose what to read? How should I begin a book? how to choose what to read how to write How writers write Hugh Howey humanity humor iAuthor iBooks illiteracy Illiterate imagination Improve Your Grammar independent authors Independent Book Publishers Association Independent Publishers Indie Author Indie Authors Indie Books Indie Publishing Indie Writers Ingram Innovation International Literacy Day International Writing Program Internet interview Iowa City Israel Is Your Soul In Here? J. A. Konrath J.K. Rowling J. R. R. Tolkien James Joyce James Patterson Jamie Jammers Inaka Jane Friedman Jane Watson Jessica Bell Joanna Penn Joe Konrath Joel Blaine Kirkpatrick Joel Friedlander John C. Gardner John Gardner Johnpaul Mahofski Jonah Berger Jung justice Kickstarter kids Kindle Kindle Unlimited Kinds of readers Kitely knowledge Kobo Kristine Kathryn Rusch Kurt Vonnegut language Language challenges language difficulties Laura Stanfill learning Learning How To Write Learning to write Legacy Publishers Legacy Publishing Leo Babauta Leonard Balsera Librarian Librarians Libraries library library classifications library memories Library of Congress library pages LibraryThing LibreOffice Lindsay Buroker LinkedIn Literacy literary literary community Literary Fiction Literature Little Free Libraries Little Free Library LitWorld Local Library Lord of the Rings Lynn Biederstadt Magic Main Street Writers Movement making money as a writer Margaret Atwood Maria Popova Mark Coker Mark Twain Massachusetts Max E. Stone meaning means of communication metaphor metaphysical metaphysics methods of writing microfiction micro fiction Mind Mobile Reading MOOC Most common words in English muse music Music video My Next Book mystery Myth Nail Your Novel NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month Neil Gaiman networking New Blog Post Series New York Public Library New York Times Nicholas Sparks Nilofer Merchant Nook No Shelf Required Notebooks Notes from An Alien Nova Sparks novel novels Older Authors Older Writers Online Etymology Dictionary opinion Opinion poll Original Stories Orna Ross Oxford Dictionary Oxford English Dictionary Oxford University Press Paddy O'Reilly Paulo Coelho peace Pearson PEN American Center Penguin Random House PEN International perfection Personal Unconscious Pew Research Center Philosophy Picking your next read Pink Floyd Piracy planning Plasma Cosmology playing for change plot Poem Poems poet poetry Poets & Writers poll Polls Porter Anderson post Poverty Print Books Print Books and E-books Print Books vs E-books Print on demand Print readers Project Gutenberg promote promote your writing Promoting Books promotion Proper Grammar psychology publication Public library publish publisher Publishers Publishers Weekly publishing publishing advice Publishing Perspectives Publishing Survey Publishing Tips Pulitzer Prize Rachelle Gardner Random House Ray Bradbury Re-blog read Read An E-book Week reader Reader's Poll reader categories reader category Reader Comments reader opinion reader opinions Readers readership reading Reading Aloud Reading challenges Reading level Reading Like A Writer reading methods Reading Poll reading styles Reading Survey reading techniques Reading To Children Reality Reasons for writing Rebekah Webb Reedsy religion Resources for Writers responsibility review reviewer reviews Roleplaying Roz Morris Rules of Writing Rumi Salon Sarah Kay Sci-Fi science science fiction Scott Turow Scrivener Second Life Self-Editing Self-Help Books self-publish self-published Self-Published Author Self-Published Authors Self-Published Writer Self-published Writers self-publisher Self-Publishers self-publishing Selfpublish Selfpublished Selfpublisher Selfpublishing Selling Books Selling E-books Serious Writing Seth Godin Shakespeare Share your ideas Shoghí Effendí Short Stories Short story Short Tales Simone Benedict singer Sir Ken Robinson Slate Small Presses Smashwords social media Social network social networking Social Networks social responsibility soul space Special Blog Posts Speculative fiction spirit Spoilers Star Trek Stealing Books Stephen King Steven King stories Storium story Story Bazaar Storytellers Storytelling Strange Fantasies Studying Grammar Success Successful Authors survey Surveys Survey Says Suw Charman-Anderson SyFy TechCrunch Ted Talks Telling Stories Tennessee The Alliance of Independent Authors The Atlantic The Book Designer The Bookseller The Curator The Danger of A Single Story The Guardian The Hobbit The Hot Sheet The Lord of the Rings The Millions The Muse The New Yorker The New York Times The Paris Review Thesaurus The State of Writing The Writing Life Thought Tips for Writers Tobias Buckell Todd Bol to make common Toni Morrison Tony Riches Top Books top posts Top Tags Traditionally Published Authors Traditional Publisher Traditional Publishers traditional publishing Truth Truth in Fiction Twitter types of readers Types of reading Styles Typographical Errors typos UNESCO United Kingdom United Nations Unity Unleashing The Idea Virus Unpublished Scenes Ursula K. Le Guin Various Stories Various Tales video Virginia Quarterly Review Virtual reality virtual world Virtual Worlds Visual Thesaurus Wattpad What's the first step in beginning a book? What About All The Authors Whose Books Don’t Sell Very Many Copies? What Age Brings to Writing What an author should do What Are Words What do you read? What Should I Write What’s The “Best” Way To Learn “Proper” Grammar? When does a book begin? Why Do Certain People Become Writers? why writers write Willa Cather William Gibson word Wordery word histories word history Word Meanings Wordnik words Words are My Matter Word Usage world World Book Day World peace World Read Aloud Day Worldreader World Wide Words write writer writer's advice Writer's Block Writer's Digest Writer's Life Writer's Poll Writer's Prompts Writer's Survey writer's tips writer's voice Writer Resources writers Writers' Groups Writers' support groups Writers and Money writers discussion group Writers Finding Readers writers methods writers on writing Writers reasons Writers Residencies Writers Resources Writers Tools Writer Unboxed writing writing a book writing advice Writing Aids Writing and Editing Writing A Novel writing blogs writing challenge Writing Challenge ~ Use The 1200 Most Common Words To Write A Story… Writing Contests Writing Courses Writing for Money Writing Groups writing habits writing help Writing Maxims Writing Poll Writing Process Writing Prompts Writing Resources Writing Rules Writing Sites writing software Writing style Writing Success Writing Survey writing tips Writing Tools YouTube `Abdu'l-Bahá
Search here with your own keywords…
Special Pages . . .
- Vietnam locks down capital Hanoi as COVID-19 infections soarFifteen-day lockdown order bans the gathering of more than two people in public in city of eight million.
- Abdullah Abdullah: Can Afghanistan move ahead without US troops?The High Council for National Reconciliation’s chief discusses if trust has been built after months of negotiations.
- Guatemala attorney general fires top anti-corruption prosecutorJuan Francisco Sandoval dismissed as head of a special anti-corruption agency against impunity.
- Arrests as anti-lockdown protesters clash with police in SydneyThousands take to the streets of the Australian city to protest against lockdown restrictions amid a surge in cases.
- Frantic search for survivors as India flooding toll risesHeavy rains in western Maharashtra state triggered landslides and flooding, killing dozens of people.
- Philippines evacuates thousands as monsoon rains flood ManilaIn some parts of the national capital region, home to more than 13 million people, flooding cut off roads to vehicles.
- Ecuador prison riots death toll rise to 27President Guillermo Lasso mobilises 'all necessary human and economic resources' to re-establish order.
- US dials back probe of Chinese scientists on visa fraud chargesFBI files motions in courts to dismiss charges in five cases of Chinese researchers arrested on visa fraud charges.
- Protest erupts at Myanmar’s Insein prison amid COVID outbreakAnti-military chants heard from inside colonial-era prison, which is used to hold opponents of the February coup.
- Biden approves $100m emergency funds to resettle Afghan refugeesThe US is preparing to evacuate thousands of Afghan special visa applicants who are at risk from the Taliban.
- Dow closes above 35,000 as US stocks rebound from jittersUS indexes rallied to fresh record highs on Friday as the market left behind early-week jitters.
- Global investigation reveals Pegasus Project identified in Azerbaijan and elsewhereAround 1,000 phone numbers belonging to users in Azerbaijan were identified, among them, prominent journalists, editors, rights defenders, lawyers, political activists, as well as their friends and family members.
- Pegasus spyware revelation indicates Indian state snooping on journalists, activists and politiciansThe Pegasus Project released a report detailing the potential hacking and surveillance of more than 1,000 activists, journalists and politicians from India using the Israeli-made spyware, Pegasus.
- Digital education lags behind as Kyrgyzstan’s schools lack accessAs the government attempts to provide education online or on TV, both children and teachers suffer from a lack of access to internet and devices.
- ‘Maohi Lives Matter': Tahiti protesters condemn French nuclear testing legacy"According to our calculations, based on a scientific reassessment of the doses received, approximately 110,000 people were infected, almost the entire Polynesian population at the time."
- The “Ticket to happy life” Politics of Indian marriages in the context of dowry-related violenceThe recent death of 24-year-old medical student Vismaya Nair in the Indian state of Kerala has sparked widespread outrage and renewed discussions over dowries and domestic violence in India.
- Vultures soar back into PokharaDespite the decline in vultures across South Asia, the endangered scavengers are recovering in Nepal due to tighter regulations and community initiatives.
- CARICOM bristles at international community's slight as Haiti installs a new prime ministerAn international Core Group's call for Jovenel Moïse's prime ministerial nominee to form a “consensual and inclusive government” struck a sour note with CARICOM, but he's been installed, anyway.
- Devices of journalists, government officials in Kazakhstan hacked and spied onJournalist Serikzhan Mauletbai found himself on a list of people targeted by Israeli-made spyware the government of Kazakhstan bought. The current president and prime minister are also on the list.
- Instagram question on the intersectionality of Pride and religion in Trinidad & Tobago raises issue of gender ideologyWhile Trinidad and Tobago's Roman Catholic archbishop agrees that we're all children of God, he has called gender ideology "neo-colonialist," raising the ire of some LGBTQ+ activists.
- Team 29, Russia's most prominent legal defense group, shuts down under state pressureOn July 19, after its website was blocked, Team 29 announced it was shutting down its operations in order to protect its staff and clients from possible criminal prosecution.
- Thousands of flamingos found dead in Central AnatoliaEvery year in March, thousands of flamingos migrate to the south of Lake Tuz, earning it the moniker “flamingo paradise.”
- “A significant experience in our country”: Faith leaders in the UAE foster coexistence, build unified visionA unique forum initiated by the Bahá’ís of the UAE is bringing together religious leaders for profound discussions about the role of religion in society.
- “This must stop”: Anti-Bahá’í propaganda intensifies in Iran, evokes global outcryGovernment officials and prominent figures raise alarm as a state-sponsored campaign of hate speech and propaganda against Iranian Bahá’ís reaches new levels.
- “The problem of prejudice”: University course on peace leaves lasting impact on studentsA course offered by the Bahá’í Chair at the University of Maryland explores societal issues in the light of moral principles, such as the elimination of prejudice.
- Shrine of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá: Pillars of main edifice completedIn addition to the pillars, the first set of folding walls has been completed, and preparations are beginning for a trellis that will span the plaza
- New Canadian parliamentary caucus looks at religion’s role in societyParliamentarians and Canada’s faith communities gather at the inauguration of a new all-party interfaith caucus for a rare dialogue about the role of faith in governance
- Temple arrival marks a new dawn in the heart of the PacificWork on the local Bahá’í temple in Vanuatu has begun, after the main components for its construction were transported to the remote island of Tanna.
- A path toward a unified AmericaCentenary of the first race amity conference held by the American Bahá’í community was marked by a three-day symposium exploring racial unity and social change.
- Shift in agricultural systems necessary for sustainability, says BICThe BIC Brussels Office and the FAO of the United Nations initiate a seminar series to examine the relationship between agriculture, rural sustainability, and migration.
- “Endurance through cycles of war”: A resilient community fosters hope in the C.A.R.Despite ongoing conflict in the CAR, the Bahá’ís of the country have been contributing to social progress, most recently forming an emergency committee to provide relief