Subject Index Links
Larger Words = More Articles
#Conversations #mainstreetwriters #SocialEra #TraditionalPublishing #WritersLife A book's beginning Accountability Groups for writers active imagination Activism and Peace Work Adrian G Hilder advice Advice for Authors Advice for Writers Alan Rinzler Alexander M Zoltai alien aliens ALLi Alliance of Independent Authors Alternative Facts Amazon Amazon Publishing American Library Association Andre Norton Anne Enright Annie Dillard Apple art artist Arts Ask The Author Aspiring Writers Australia author Author's Advice Author's Guild Author's Resources Author's Voice Author Advice Author Blogs Author Earnings author interview Author Interviews author platform Author Platforms author promotion authors Author Scams Authors Finding Readers Author Solutions Authors reasons Baha'i Baha'u'llah Bahá'í Faith Banned Books Banned Books Week Barnes & Noble Barry Eisler Begin a book Beginning a book Beginning to write a book Behind The Scenes Best Friend bestseller BestsellerBound Bestsellers Bestselling Authors Beta Readers Be the Gateway Bibliotherapy Big Five Big Six blog blog comments Blog Conversations Blog Discussions Blogger Bloggers blogging Blogosphere Blog Poll blog post blog posts Blog Post Series blogroll blogs blog statistics blog stats Blog Survey Blog Visitors blues book Book Banning Book Blogs Book Covers Book Depository book design Book Designers Book distribution Book Island book marketing Book Piracy book promotion Book Publishing Book Recommendations book review Book Reviews Book Riot books Book Sales Booksellers book series Bookshops Bookstores Boring books Brain Pickings C. J. Cherryh Canterbury Tales Carl Jung Center for Story-Based Strategy Challenging books characters Charles Dickens children Children's Books Choosing what to read Climate Change Coleman Barks Collective Unconscious communication Consciousness copyright Corporate Control Corporate World Corporations Cory Doctorow crazy CreateSpace creative creative writing creativity crisis criticism critique Critique Group Dan Blank Darcia Helle David Gaughran Dean Wesley Smith death debut novel depression Developmental Editor Diana Krall Diaspora Dictionaries Dictionary Difficult Books Digital Books Digital Book World Digital Publishing digital rights management Discoverability Discussion about libraries Discussions about age and writing Does age make you write differently? Don Quixote Doris Lessing Dragon dreams DRM E-book E-books E-readers E. M. Forster Earth Eat Pray Love ebook ebooks editing Editing for Writers editor editors Education Education for Writers Elif Shafak Elizabeth Gilbert Elizabeth S. Craig Emily Dickinson Engaging an Audience England English Grammar English language Environmental disaster Erin McKean Erma Bombeck Ernest Hemingway Espresso Book Machine Etymologies etymology Evolution of Grammar Facebook facebook fiction Fahrenheit 451 Failure faith Famous Authors Fantasy FastPencil favorite author feedback feelings fiction fictional dream Fiction Writing fictive dream Finding Readers First Book Flash Fiction Forbes Forest Avenue Press Francine Prose Francis Ford Coppola Frankfurt Book Fair Frank Herbert free book free books freedom Free E-books Free Ebooks Free Education Freelance Writers freelance writing Freelancing Free Novel Free Online Courses free software Friday Fantasy G+ Games Gaming Gatekeepers Gene Doucette genre Genre fiction George Orwell Getting writing help Glimmer Train global global crisis global peace God GoodReads Google Google Plus Grammar Grammar Nazi grammar nerd grief Hachette Haley Whitehall Harnessing the Power of Narrative for Social Change Harry Potter Healing Help for writers Help with Writing Hermann Hesse Hindustan Contessa Historical fiction How do you begin a book? How do you choose what to read? How should I begin a book? how to choose what to read how to write How writers write Hugh Howey humanity humor iAuthor iBooks illiteracy Illiterate imagination Improve Your Grammar independent authors Independent Book Publishers Association Independent Publishers Indie Author Indie Authors Indie Books Indie Publishing Indie Writers Ingram Innovation International Literacy Day International Writing Program Internet interview Iowa City Israel Is Your Soul In Here? J. A. Konrath J.K. Rowling J. R. R. Tolkien James Joyce James Patterson Jamie Jammers Inaka Jane Friedman Jane Watson Jessica Bell Joanna Penn Joe Konrath Joel Blaine Kirkpatrick Joel Friedlander John C. Gardner John Gardner Johnpaul Mahofski Jonah Berger Jung justice Kickstarter kids Kindle Kindle Unlimited Kinds of readers Kitely knowledge Kobo Kristine Kathryn Rusch Kurt Vonnegut language Language challenges language difficulties Laura Stanfill learning Learning How To Write Learning to write Legacy Publishers Legacy Publishing Leo Babauta Leonard Balsera Librarian Librarians Libraries library library classifications library memories Library of Congress library pages LibraryThing LibreOffice Lindsay Buroker LinkedIn Literacy literary literary community Literary Fiction Literature Little Free Libraries Little Free Library LitWorld Local Library Lord of the Rings Lynn Biederstadt Magic Main Street Writers Movement making money as a writer Margaret Atwood Maria Popova Mark Coker Mark Twain Massachusetts Max E. Stone meaning means of communication metaphor metaphysical metaphysics methods of writing microfiction micro fiction Mind Mobile Reading MOOC Most common words in English muse music Music video My Next Book mystery Myth Nail Your Novel NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month Neil Gaiman networking New Blog Post Series New York Public Library New York Times Nicholas Sparks Nilofer Merchant Nook No Shelf Required Notebooks Notes from An Alien Nova Sparks novel novels Older Authors Older Writers Online Etymology Dictionary opinion Opinion poll Original Stories Orna Ross Oxford Dictionary Oxford English Dictionary Oxford University Press Paddy O'Reilly Paulo Coelho peace Pearson PEN American Center Penguin Random House PEN International perfection Personal Unconscious Pew Research Center Philosophy Picking your next read Pink Floyd Piracy planning Plasma Cosmology playing for change plot Poem Poems poet poetry Poets & Writers poll Polls Porter Anderson post Poverty Print Books Print Books and E-books Print Books vs E-books Print on demand Print readers Project Gutenberg promote promote your writing Promoting Books promotion Proper Grammar psychology publication Public library publish publisher Publishers Publishers Weekly publishing publishing advice Publishing Perspectives Publishing Survey Publishing Tips Pulitzer Prize Rachelle Gardner Random House Ray Bradbury Re-blog read Read An E-book Week reader Reader's Poll reader categories reader category Reader Comments reader opinion reader opinions Readers readership reading Reading Aloud Reading challenges Reading level Reading Like A Writer reading methods Reading Poll reading styles Reading Survey reading techniques Reading To Children Reality Reasons for writing Rebekah Webb Reedsy religion Resources for Writers responsibility review reviewer reviews Roleplaying Roz Morris Rules of Writing Rumi Salon Sarah Kay Sci-Fi science science fiction Scott Turow Scrivener Second Life Self-Editing Self-Help Books self-publish self-published Self-Published Author Self-Published Authors Self-Published Writer Self-published Writers self-publisher Self-Publishers self-publishing Selfpublish Selfpublished Selfpublisher Selfpublishing Selling Books Selling E-books Serious Writing Seth Godin Shakespeare Share your ideas Shoghí Effendí Short Stories Short story Short Tales Simone Benedict singer Sir Ken Robinson Slate Small Presses Smashwords social media Social network social networking Social Networks social responsibility soul space Special Blog Posts Speculative fiction spirit Spoilers Star Trek Stealing Books Stephen King Steven King stories Storium story Story Bazaar Storytellers Storytelling Strange Fantasies Studying Grammar Success Successful Authors survey Surveys Survey Says Suw Charman-Anderson SyFy TechCrunch Ted Talks Telling Stories Tennessee The Alliance of Independent Authors The Atlantic The Book Designer The Bookseller The Curator The Danger of A Single Story The Guardian The Hobbit The Hot Sheet The Lord of the Rings The Millions The Muse The New Yorker The New York Times The Paris Review Thesaurus The State of Writing The Writing Life Thought Tips for Writers Tobias Buckell Todd Bol to make common Toni Morrison Tony Riches Top Books top posts Top Tags Traditionally Published Authors Traditional Publisher Traditional Publishers traditional publishing Truth Truth in Fiction Twitter types of readers Types of reading Styles Typographical Errors typos UNESCO United Kingdom United Nations Unity Unleashing The Idea Virus Unpublished Scenes Ursula K. Le Guin Various Stories Various Tales video Virginia Quarterly Review Virtual reality virtual world Virtual Worlds Visual Thesaurus Wattpad What's the first step in beginning a book? What About All The Authors Whose Books Don’t Sell Very Many Copies? What Age Brings to Writing What an author should do What Are Words What do you read? What Should I Write What’s The “Best” Way To Learn “Proper” Grammar? When does a book begin? Why Do Certain People Become Writers? why writers write Willa Cather William Gibson word Wordery word histories word history Word Meanings Wordnik words Words are My Matter Word Usage world World Book Day World peace World Read Aloud Day Worldreader World Wide Words write writer writer's advice Writer's Block Writer's Digest Writer's Life Writer's Poll Writer's Prompts Writer's Survey writer's tips writer's voice Writer Resources writers Writers' Groups Writers' support groups Writers and Money writers discussion group Writers Finding Readers writers methods writers on writing Writers reasons Writers Residencies Writers Resources Writers Tools Writer Unboxed writing writing a book writing advice Writing Aids Writing and Editing Writing A Novel writing blogs writing challenge Writing Challenge ~ Use The 1200 Most Common Words To Write A Story… Writing Contests Writing Courses Writing for Money Writing Groups writing habits writing help Writing Maxims Writing Poll Writing Process Writing Prompts Writing Resources Writing Rules Writing Sites writing software Writing style Writing Success Writing Survey writing tips Writing Tools YouTube `Abdu'l-Bahá
Search here with your own keywords…
Special Pages . . .
- ! Alex's First Writing Site ~ FarShore Publications
- ! Awesome Author Friend Jane Watson
- ! Awesome Paddy O'Reilly Award-Winning Writer
- ! BahaiTeachings.org All About Humanity’s Evolution
- ! Course of Mirrors Ashen
- ! E-book Endeavors Lindsay Buroker
- ! Finding Time to Write Thinking, writing, thinking about writing…
- ! French Toast Girl the art and illustration of élena nazzaro
- ! Global Voices Citizen Media
- ! Institute for Studies in Global Prosperity Building capacity for discourses about the betterment of society
- ! Jasmine Arch Author and Writers’ Group Admin
- ! Jerry J. Davis Virtual Author Friend
- ! Lady P PenPusher Poet
- ! Letters to the Living essays, reflections, and poems on life’s “big issues”
- ! Lynn Biederstadt – Author Sky Diaries
- ! Once written… Awesome Poet Friend
- ! Philippa Rees Quite Serious Fun
- ! R. Jean Bell Author and Writers’ Group Admin
- ! Shout With Emaginette Anna Simpson’s Blog
- ! The Passive Voice David Vandagriff
- ! The Writing Desk Tony Riches
- ! Tribalmystic people, places, and things that have extraordinary stories
- ! Untold People, Living Stories Andréana Lefton
- ! Zen and The Art of Tightrope Walking Trying to stay in balance…
- * : Martina Sevecke-Pohlen Founder of the publishing house Wieken
- * Book Designer Joel Friedlander, proprietor of Marin Bookworks
- * C. J. Cherryh My Favorite Fiction Author
- * Jane Friedman Being Human at Electric Speed
- * Julie Christine Round Author Friend from LibraryThing
- Yellen, caught between markets and US Congress, tweaks messageJanet Yellen is the face of US govt on the issue and her public comments have sent markets on a roller-coaster ride.
- Russia-Ukraine war: List of key events, day 394As the Russia-Ukraine war enters its 394th day, we take a look at the main developments.
- China authorities raid US due diligence firm, detain staffRaid on the Mintz Group office in Beijing comes as China prepares to hold its annual economic forum.
- US says air strikes hit Syria targets after deadly drone attackPentagon said air strikes were carried out in retaliation for drone attack on US base that killed one and injured five.
- Zelenskyy calls on EU to give jets, missiles or expect a long warUkraine president's comments on need for weapons represents an unusually open display of frustration with EU leaders.
- Crypto founder Do Kwon indicted in US after Montenegro arrestCo-founder of Singapore-based Terraform Labs faces eight charges, including securities fraud and wire fraud.
- N Korea tests new underwater nuclear attack ‘drone’: State mediaDrone cruised underwater for 59 hours, then detonated in an exercise designed to deter S Korea and US forces: KCNA.
- US accuses top Paraguay politicians of corruption, spurring probeParaguay's ex-president and current vice president are under investigation for alleged corruption – charges they deny.
- Canada to roll back asylum access in reported agreement with USRefugee groups condemn anticipated decision to expand Canada's ability to reject asylum seekers at the US border.
- China’s huge quarantine camps standing months after ‘zero COVID’Satellite imagery shows facilities are still intact nearly four months after end of Beijing's draconian pandemic policy.
- Capitol riot: Woman accused of stealing Pelosi’s laptop sentencedUS prosecutors say Riley June Williams acted as an 'accelerant' who 'exacerbated the mayhem' on January 6, 2021.
- ‘Winnie the Pooh’ horror film pulled in Hong KongHK's censor approved the film, but it was later axed without explanation. Mainland Chinese censors regularly ban images of the cartoon bear as many compare it to Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- Argentine feminist movement continues to diversify its ranksIn 2023, feminist struggles in Argentina continue to diversify as the realities of all women are being taken into account both in their activities and in their identities.
- Global Voices seeks a Social Media Global Fellow for Sub-Saharan Francophone Africa Global Voices seeks a Social Media Global Fellow for Francophone Africa to engage with audiences and create attractive content.
- Global Voices seeks a Social Media Team Lead Global Voices is seeking a Social Media Team Lead who is responsible for managing all social media platforms for Global Voices and leading a team of colleagues.
- Central Asians fighting in Ukraine are both defending and attacking itThe authorities in Central Asia have issued stern warnings to their citizens not to fight in Ukraine, threatening lengthy prison sentences for participating in armed conflicts abroad as mercenaries.
- Weathering Russian xenophobia in everyday lifeIn recent months, there has been more talk about "Russophobia" — anti-Russian sentiment. What they face is nothing compared to what national minorities face in Russia.
- How young people around the world experience AI, in their own words“AI is more present in our daily lives than we think, and that policymakers should’ve acted to regulate the industry from very early on.”
- What is wrong with Azerbaijan’s mentality towards its womenRegardless of their age, profession, or status, a woman’s life is narrowed down to her body, its worth, and shape. Her dignity and privacy are disrespected and Azerbaijan’s patriarchal, macho mentality supports this.
- Yanomami children die of malnutrition and disease in tragedy for Brazil's Indigenous peopleIllegal mining and a lack of government action left the Yanomami people - who live in Brazil's largest Indigenous territory - in a humanitarian tragedy, facing hospitalizations and deaths from malnutrition and other diseases.
- Seven-year-old Coryn Anaya Clarke, a self-published author from Trinidad & Tobago, wants kids to know the joy of readingCan a seven-year-old encourage other children to read by writing and publishing her own stories? This young Trinidadian author is certainly trying.
- Coastal erosion redraws St. Vincent’s north-east coastOver the past several years, as climate change impacts like hurricanes, droughts, floods and rising sea levels have taken their toll, the tiny Caribbean nation has had to take action.
Bahá’í World News
- “A collaborative artistic effort”: Architect reflects on DRC temple project Architect Heinrich Wolff’s journey in designing the DRC temple emphasizes collaboration, unity, and inspiration from the Bahá’í principle of service to humanity.
- Bahai.org: New section on Bahá’í calendar added to siteNew Bahai.org section offers an overview of the Bahá’í calendar, significant dates, and a downloadable calendar with Bahá’í dates mapped on Gregorian ones.
- Maryland Bahá’í Chair: Marking 30 years of promoting dialogue and peaceThe 30th anniversary of the Bahá’í Chair at the University of Maryland provides an opportunity to reflect on long-standing efforts to foster a more harmonious world.
- Black History Month: House of Worship fosters onenessBahá’í temple in the United States hosts event during Black History Month promoting racial harmony and social cohesion.
- BIC New York: Women’s engagement in reimagining digital technologiesA new BIC statement explores the impact of digital technologies on women and the need for much greater inclusion of women in the processes of innovation.
- BIC Brussels: Policies alone not sufficient to address racial prejudiceThe Bahá’í International Community’s statement calls for a shift in how institutions view human capacity, suggesting grassroots participation in policymaking processes.
- Türkiye: Emergency desk created to coordinate relief effortsThe Bahá’í National Spiritual Assembly’s emergency desk coordinates relief efforts through informal networks formed among participants of community-building initiatives.
- Kazakhstan: The arts can foster social harmonyThe Bahá’ís of Kazakhstan explore how the arts can awaken noble sentiments and play an in important part in contributing to social progress.
- Brazil: Transcending divisions through a shared identityA public hearing organized by the Bahá’ís of Brazil explores overcoming divisions of “us” and “them” through a recognition of humanity’s spiritual nature.
Headphones Recommended for The Following Videos
I just can’t help myself. This post ROCKS!!!!!!
Thought you might appreciate it :-)
I think the subject of this post is totally fascinating…!
The “subject” being Mr. Mahofski or Flash Fiction?
The ENTIRE thing!!
Very COOL, Jane :-)
LikeLiked by 1 person