~ Subject Index Links ~
Larger Words = More Articles
Larger Words = More Articles
#Conversations #mainstreetwriters #SocialEra #TraditionalPublishing #WritersLife A book's beginning Accountability Groups for writers active imagination Activism and Peace Work Adrian G Hilder advice Advice for Authors Advice for Writers Alan Rinzler Alexander M Zoltai alien aliens Ali Noel Vyain ALLi Alliance of Independent Authors Alternative Facts Amazon Amazon Publishing American Library Association Andre Norton Anne Enright Annie Dillard Apple art artist Arts Ask The Author Aspiring Writers Australia author Author's Advice Author's Guild Author's Resources Author's Voice Author Advice Author Blogs Author Earnings author interview Author Interviews author platform Author Platforms author promotion authors Author Scams Authors Finding Readers Author Solutions Authors reasons Baha'i Baha'u'llah Bahá'í Faith Banned Books Banned Books Week Barnes & Noble Barry Eisler Begin a book Beginning a book Beginning to write a book Behind The Scenes Best Friend bestseller BestsellerBound Bestsellers Bestselling Authors Beta Readers Be the Gateway Bibliotherapy Big Five Big Six blog blog comments Blog Conversations Blog Discussions Blogger Bloggers blogging Blogosphere Blog Poll blog post blog posts Blog Post Series blogroll blogs blog statistics blog stats Blog Survey BlogTalkRadio Blog Visitors blues book Book Banning Book Blogs Book Covers Book Depository book design Book Designers Book distribution Book Island book marketing Book Piracy book promotion Book Publishing Book Recommendations book review Book Reviews Book Riot books Book Sales Booksellers book series Bookshops Bookstores Book World Boring books Brain Pickings C. J. Cherryh Canterbury Tales Carl Jung Center for Story-Based Strategy Challenging books characters Charles Dickens Children's Books Choosing what to read Climate Change Coleman Barks Collective Unconscious communication Consciousness copyright Corporate Control Corporate World Corporations Cory Doctorow crazy CreateSpace creative creative writing creativity crisis criticism critique Critique Group Dan Blank Darcia Helle David Gaughran Dean Wesley Smith death debut novel depression Developmental Editor Diana Krall Diaspora Dictionaries Dictionary Difficult Books Digital Books Digital Book World Digital Publishing digital rights management Discoverability Discussion about libraries Discussions about age and writing Does age make you write differently? Don Quixote Doris Lessing Dragon dreams DRM E-book E-books E-readers E. M. Forster Earth Eat Pray Love ebook ebooks editing Editing for Writers editor editors Education Education for Writers Elif Shafak Elizabeth Gilbert Elizabeth S. Craig Emily Dickinson Engaging an Audience England English Grammar English language Environmental disaster Erin McKean Erma Bombeck Ernest Hemingway Espresso Book Machine Etymologies etymology Evolution of Grammar Facebook facebook fiction Fahrenheit 451 Failure faith Famous Authors Fantasy FastPencil favorite author feedback feelings fiction Fiction Writing Finding Readers First Book Flash Fiction Forbes Forest Avenue Press Francine Prose Francis Ford Coppola Frankfurt Book Fair Frank Herbert free book free books freedom Free E-books Free Ebooks Free Education Freelance Writers freelance writing Freelancing Free Novel Free Online Courses free software Friday Fantasy G+ Games Gaming Gatekeepers Gene Doucette genre Genre fiction George Orwell Getting writing help Glimmer Train global global crisis global peace God GoodReads Google Google Plus Grammar Grammar Nazi grammar nerd grief Hachette Haley Whitehall Harnessing the Power of Narrative for Social Change Harry Potter Healing Help for writers Help with Writing Hermann Hesse Hindustan Contessa Historical fiction How do you begin a book? How do you choose what to read? How should I begin a book? how to choose what to read how to write How writers write Hugh Howey humanity humor iAuthor iBooks illiteracy Illiterate imagination Improve Your Grammar independent authors Independent Book Publishers Association Independent Publishers Indie Author Indie Authors Indie Books Indie Publishing Indie Writers Ingram Innovation International Literacy Day International Writing Program Internet interview Iowa City Israel Is Your Soul In Here? J. A. Konrath J.K. Rowling J. R. R. Tolkien James Joyce James Patterson Jamie Jammers Inaka Jane Friedman Jane Watson Jessica Bell Joanna Penn Joe Konrath Joel Blaine Kirkpatrick Joel Friedlander John C. Gardner John Gardner Johnpaul Mahofski Jonah Berger Jung justice Kickstarter Kindle Kindle Unlimited Kinds of readers Kitely knowledge Kobo Kristine Kathryn Rusch Kurt Vonnegut language Language challenges language difficulties Laura Stanfill learning Learning How To Write Learning to write Legacy Publishers Legacy Publishing Leo Babauta Leonard Balsera lexicographer Librarian Librarians Libraries library library classifications library memories Library of Congress library pages LibraryThing LibreOffice Lindsay Buroker LinkedIn Literacy literary literary community Literary Fiction Literature Little Free Libraries Little Free Library LitWorld Local Library Lord of the Rings Lynn Biederstadt Magic Main Street Writers Movement making money as a writer Margaret Atwood Maria Popova Mark Coker Mark Twain Massachusetts Max E. Stone meaning means of communication metaphor metaphysical metaphysics methods of writing Michael Quinion micro fiction microfiction Mind Mobile Reading MOOC Most common words in English muse music Music video My Next Book mystery Myth Nail Your Novel NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month Neil Gaiman networking New Blog Post Series New York Public Library New York Times Nicholas Sparks Nilofer Merchant Nook No Shelf Required Notebooks Notes from An Alien Nova Sparks novel novels Older Authors Older Writers Online Etymology Dictionary opinion Opinion poll Original Stories Orna Ross Oxford Dictionary Oxford English Dictionary Oxford University Press Paddy O'Reilly Paulo Coelho peace Pearson PEN American Center Penguin Random House PEN International perfection Personal Unconscious Pew Research Center Philosophy Picking your next read Pink Floyd Piracy planning Plasma Cosmology playing for change plot Poem Poems poet poetry Poets & Writers poll Polls Porter Anderson post Poverty Print Books Print Books and E-books Print Books vs E-books Print on demand Print readers Project Gutenberg promote promote your writing Promoting Books promotion Proper Grammar psychology publication Public library publish publisher Publishers Publishers Weekly publishing publishing advice Publishing Perspectives Publishing Survey Publishing Tips Pulitzer Prize Rachelle Gardner Random House Ray Bradbury Re-blog read Read An E-book Week reader Reader's Poll reader categories reader category Reader Comments reader opinion reader opinions Readers readership reading Reading Aloud Reading challenges Reading level Reading Like A Writer reading methods Reading Poll reading styles Reading Survey reading techniques Reading To Children Reality Reasons for writing Rebekah Webb Reedsy religion Resources for Writers responsibility review reviewer reviews Roleplaying Roz Morris Rules of Writing Rumi Salon Sarah Kay Sci-Fi science science fiction Scott Turow Scrivener Second Life Self-Editing Self-Help Books self-publish self-published Self-Published Author Self-Published Authors Self-Published Writer Self-published Writers self-publisher Self-Publishers self-publishing Selfpublish Selfpublished Selfpublisher Selfpublishing Selling Books Selling E-books Serious Writing Seth Godin Shakespeare Share your ideas Shoghí Effendí Short Stories Short story Short Tales Simone Benedict singer Sir Ken Robinson Slate Small Presses Smashwords social media Social network social networking Social Networks social responsibility soul space Special Blog Posts Speculative fiction spirit Spoilers Star Trek Stealing Books Stephen King Steven King stories Storium story Story Bazaar Storytellers Storytelling Strange Fantasies Studying Grammar Success Successful Authors survey Surveys Survey Says Suw Charman-Anderson SyFy TechCrunch Ted Talks Telling Stories Tennessee The Alliance of Independent Authors The Atlantic The Book Designer The Bookseller The Curator The Danger of A Single Story The Guardian The Hobbit The Hot Sheet The Lord of the Rings The Millions The Muse The New Yorker The New York Times The Paris Review Thesaurus The State of Writing The Writing Life Thought Tips for Writers Tobias Buckell Todd Bol to make common Toni Morrison Top Books top posts Top Tags Traditionally Published Authors Traditional Publisher Traditional Publishers traditional publishing Truth Truth in Fiction Twitter types of readers Types of reading Styles Typographical Errors typos UNESCO United Kingdom United Nations Unity Unleashing The Idea Virus Unpublished Scenes Ursula K. Le Guin Various Stories Various Tales video Virginia Quarterly Review Virtual reality virtual world Virtual Worlds Visual Thesaurus Wattpad What's the first step in beginning a book? What About All The Authors Whose Books Don’t Sell Very Many Copies? What Age Brings to Writing What an author should do What Are Words What do you read? What Should I Write What’s The “Best” Way To Learn “Proper” Grammar? When does a book begin? Why Do Certain People Become Writers? why writers write Willa Cather William Gibson word Wordery word histories word history Word Meanings Wordnik words Words are My Matter Word Usage world World Book Day World peace World Read Aloud Day Worldreader World Wide Words write writer writer's advice Writer's Block Writer's Digest Writer's Life Writer's Poll Writer's Prompts Writer's Survey writer's tips writer's voice Writer Resources writers Writers' Groups Writers' support groups Writers and Money writers discussion group Writers Finding Readers writers methods writers on writing Writers reasons Writers Residencies Writers Resources Writers Tools Writer Unboxed writing writing a book writing advice Writing Aids Writing and Editing Writing A Novel writing blogs writing challenge Writing Challenge ~ Use The 1200 Most Common Words To Write A Story… Writing Contests Writing Courses Writing for Money Writing Groups writing habits writing help Writing Maxims Writing Poll Writing Process Writing Prompts Writing Resources Writing Rules Writing Sites writing software Writing style Writing Success Writing Survey writing tips Writing Tools YouTube `Abdu'l-Bahá
Special Pages . . .
Search here with your own keywords…
- Brexit: UK Parliament case wrapping up in Supreme CourtUK's top court to decide whether suspension of parliament weeks before Brexit date was lawful.
- Gantz party says no to Netanyahu-led unity governmentIsraeli PM says he is 'surprised' after Blue and White party leader says he should be PM in a broad unity government.
- Saudi oil attacks: All the latest updatesUN chief Antonio Guterres says a team of experts has left for Saudi Arabia to investigate attacks on oil installations.
- Iran's Foreign Minister Javad Zarif warns of 'all-out war'Mohammad Javad Zarif told CNN Tehran doesn't want war but 'won't blink' to defend itself in event of Saudi or US attack.
- Afghanistan: Dozens killed as Kabul, Taliban step up attacksAt least 30 killed after Afghan forces backed by US accidentally bomb farmers while up to 20 killed in Taliban attack.
- Israel's Netanyahu calls on rival Gantz to form unity governmentPresident Reuven Rivlin, who is tasked with approving a cabinet, welcomed the call for a broad coalition of main rivals.
- Chocolate: A Taste of Independence in TogoHow a chocolate-making activist in the West African state of Togo is fighting back against foreign exploitation.
- Egyptian businessman calls on President el-Sisi to step downMohamed Ali has urged Egyptians to protest against President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi on Friday.
- Ethiopia rejects Egypt proposal on Nile dam operationThe two nations disagree over the annual flow of water that should be guaranteed to Egypt, among other issues.
- Mexico reopens investigation into disappearance of 43 studentsSuspected abduction and massacre in 2014 caused a crisis for the previous government.
- Malaysia, Indonesia shut thousands of schools as haze worsensClosures affect millions of students as toxic haze from forest fires send air quality plummeting in the region.
- China Central Television urges netizens to doxx Hong Kong protesters and reportersThe state-run TV helped publicise doxxing site hkleaks.ru, which targeted pro-democracy lawmakers, student activists and journalists in Hong Kong.
- In a Pakistani town, Hindu-Muslim relations are tested after a Hindu temple is vandalised"[The] government ought to arrest those ruined the Temple and school, no one has the right to harm other religious places."
- Popular Twitter thread highlights dozens of examples of Japan's ‘Bubble-era’ PoMo architectureEvery corner of Japan features examples of postmodern architecture.
- Why the Bahamas needs kindness right nowThe 2019 Atlantic hurricane season has been a frightening one — and the climate crisis makes it even scarier for small islands. But we can rise above the fear by giving.
- Once hotbeds of political resistance, Czech secondhand bookstores are slowly disappearingThe few surviving "antikvariat" have turned into nostalgia museums.
- Cameroon on a path to ‘national dialogue’ as Anglophone crisis continuesCameroon's national dialogues were announced amidst ongoing violence and a new surge of refugees fleeing insecurity — including intimidation, lockdowns and school closures — in the Anglophone northwest and southwest regions.
- Five years after an HIV outbreak in a Cambodian commune, villagers feel forgotten"When the outbreak of this disease happened, there was an increase in both national and international aid for them. But later on, it seems quiet."
- Rediscovering the riches of St Petersburg's Muslim heritage"Muslims are not just guests in this city, but were once its masters and some of its earliest inhabitants."
- Indian authorities approve uranium exploration in Nallamala Forest, sparking protestsThe Chenchu indigenous community, environmentalists and civic bodies protest proposed uranium mining in the Nallamala Forest located in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states in India.
- A day in the life of a bamboo shoot harvester in MyanmarMeet Ko Pho La, a bamboo shoot harvester living in Kyee Bin Village in Irrawaddy Region.
- A professor's self-immolation puts the spotlight on the fragile future of Russia's minority languagesMany people discussing Razin's death seem bewildered that anyone would use minority languages in daily life, let alone die for them—an attitude by no means limited to Russia.
- Members of parliament honor bicentenaryIn Australia and in California, United States, MPs have commemorated the historic anniversary.
- Worldwide spirit of bicentenary inspires communities throughout EuropeCommunities are preparing for the historic anniversary by composing music, performing drama, and intensifying community building efforts.
- Bicentenary website to reflect worldwide celebrationsLaunched today, a new website publishes glimpses of celebrations worldwide.
- Role of sacred space: A conversation on places of worshipReligious leaders, students, scholars, and others explored the role that sacred spaces play in contemporary Indian society.
- In Americas, spirit of oneness moves communities in anticipation of bicentenaryBicentenary preparations are prompting artistic creativity, reflection on history, and intensification of community building activities.
- Baha’i studies: Aiming to apply spiritual principles to humanity’s social progressThe annual conference of the Association for Baha’i Studies brought together 1,400 people for a lively discussion on contributing to social progress.
- In Africa, preparations energize and focus communitiesCommunities reflect on the significance of the coming bicentenary through film, gatherings with traditional chiefs, youth conferences, and numerous other efforts.
- Preparations gain momentum worldwide for bicentenaryPhotos provide glimpses of the preparations around the world for the 200th anniversary of the birth of the Bab.
- The transformative power of prayer: How devotional gatherings are taking root in UgandaAn interview with representatives of a community in Uganda explores how collective prayer is influencing society at large.