Subject Index Links
Larger Words = More Articles
#Conversations #mainstreetwriters #SocialEra #TraditionalPublishing #WritersLife A book's beginning Accountability Groups for writers active imagination Activism and Peace Work Adrian G Hilder advice Advice for Authors Advice for Writers Alan Rinzler Alexander M Zoltai alien aliens ALLi Alliance of Independent Authors Alternative Facts Amazon Amazon Publishing American Library Association Andre Norton Anne Enright Annie Dillard Apple art artist Arts Ask The Author Aspiring Writers Australia author Author's Advice Author's Guild Author's Resources Author's Voice Author Advice Author Blogs Author Earnings author interview Author Interviews author platform Author Platforms author promotion authors Author Scams Authors Finding Readers Author Solutions Authors reasons Baha'i Baha'u'llah Bahá'í Faith Banned Books Banned Books Week Barnes & Noble Barry Eisler Begin a book Beginning a book Beginning to write a book Behind The Scenes Best Friend bestseller BestsellerBound Bestsellers Bestselling Authors Beta Readers Be the Gateway Bibliotherapy Big Five Big Six blog blog comments Blog Conversations Blog Discussions Blogger Bloggers blogging Blogosphere Blog Poll blog post blog posts Blog Post Series blogroll blogs blog statistics blog stats Blog Survey Blog Visitors blues book Book Banning Book Blogs Book Covers Book Depository book design Book Designers Book distribution Book Island book marketing Book Piracy book promotion Book Publishing Book Recommendations book review Book Reviews Book Riot books Book Sales Booksellers book series Bookshops Bookstores Boring books Brain Pickings C. J. Cherryh Canterbury Tales Carl Jung Center for Story-Based Strategy Challenging books characters Charles Dickens children Children's Books Choosing what to read Climate Change Coleman Barks Collective Unconscious communication Consciousness copyright Corporate Control Corporate World Corporations Cory Doctorow crazy CreateSpace creative creative writing creativity crisis criticism critique Critique Group Dan Blank Darcia Helle David Gaughran Dean Wesley Smith death debut novel depression Developmental Editor Diana Krall Diaspora Dictionaries Dictionary Difficult Books Digital Books Digital Book World Digital Publishing digital rights management Discoverability Discussion about libraries Discussions about age and writing Does age make you write differently? Don Quixote Doris Lessing Dragon dreams DRM E-book E-books E-readers E. M. Forster Earth Eat Pray Love ebook ebooks editing Editing for Writers editor editors Education Education for Writers Elif Shafak Elizabeth Gilbert Elizabeth S. Craig Emily Dickinson Engaging an Audience England English Grammar English language Environmental disaster Erin McKean Erma Bombeck Ernest Hemingway Espresso Book Machine Etymologies etymology Evolution of Grammar Facebook facebook fiction Fahrenheit 451 Failure faith Famous Authors Fantasy FastPencil favorite author feedback feelings fiction fictional dream Fiction Writing fictive dream Finding Readers First Book Flash Fiction Forbes Forest Avenue Press Francine Prose Francis Ford Coppola Frankfurt Book Fair Frank Herbert free book free books freedom Free E-books Free Ebooks Free Education Freelance Writers freelance writing Freelancing Free Novel Free Online Courses free software Friday Fantasy G+ Games Gaming Gatekeepers Gene Doucette genre Genre fiction George Orwell Getting writing help Glimmer Train global global crisis global peace God GoodReads Google Google Plus Grammar Grammar Nazi grammar nerd grief Hachette Haley Whitehall Harnessing the Power of Narrative for Social Change Harry Potter Healing Help for writers Help with Writing Hermann Hesse Hindustan Contessa Historical fiction How do you begin a book? How do you choose what to read? How should I begin a book? how to choose what to read how to write How writers write Hugh Howey humanity humor iAuthor iBooks illiteracy Illiterate imagination Improve Your Grammar independent authors Independent Book Publishers Association Independent Publishers Indie Author Indie Authors Indie Books Indie Publishing Indie Writers Ingram Innovation International Literacy Day International Writing Program Internet interview Iowa City Israel Is Your Soul In Here? J. A. Konrath J.K. Rowling J. R. R. Tolkien James Joyce James Patterson Jamie Jammers Inaka Jane Friedman Jane Watson Jessica Bell Joanna Penn Joe Konrath Joel Blaine Kirkpatrick Joel Friedlander John C. Gardner John Gardner Johnpaul Mahofski Jonah Berger Jung justice Kickstarter kids Kindle Kindle Unlimited Kinds of readers Kitely knowledge Kobo Kristine Kathryn Rusch Kurt Vonnegut language Language challenges language difficulties Laura Stanfill learning Learning How To Write Learning to write Legacy Publishers Legacy Publishing Leo Babauta Leonard Balsera Librarian Librarians Libraries library library classifications library memories Library of Congress library pages LibraryThing LibreOffice Lindsay Buroker LinkedIn Literacy literary literary community Literary Fiction Literature Little Free Libraries Little Free Library LitWorld Local Library Lord of the Rings Lynn Biederstadt Magic Main Street Writers Movement making money as a writer Margaret Atwood Maria Popova Mark Coker Mark Twain Massachusetts Max E. Stone meaning means of communication metaphor metaphysical metaphysics methods of writing microfiction micro fiction Mind Mobile Reading MOOC Most common words in English muse music Music video My Next Book mystery Myth Nail Your Novel NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month Neil Gaiman networking New Blog Post Series New York Public Library New York Times Nicholas Sparks Nilofer Merchant Nook No Shelf Required Notebooks Notes from An Alien Nova Sparks novel novels Older Authors Older Writers Online Etymology Dictionary opinion Opinion poll Original Stories Orna Ross Oxford Dictionary Oxford English Dictionary Oxford University Press Paddy O'Reilly Paulo Coelho peace Pearson PEN American Center Penguin Random House PEN International perfection Personal Unconscious Pew Research Center Philosophy Picking your next read Pink Floyd Piracy planning Plasma Cosmology playing for change plot Poem Poems poet poetry Poets & Writers poll Polls Porter Anderson post Poverty Print Books Print Books and E-books Print Books vs E-books Print on demand Print readers Project Gutenberg promote promote your writing Promoting Books promotion Proper Grammar psychology publication Public library publish publisher Publishers Publishers Weekly publishing publishing advice Publishing Perspectives Publishing Survey Publishing Tips Pulitzer Prize Rachelle Gardner Random House Ray Bradbury Re-blog read Read An E-book Week reader Reader's Poll reader categories reader category Reader Comments reader opinion reader opinions Readers readership reading Reading Aloud Reading challenges Reading level Reading Like A Writer reading methods Reading Poll reading styles Reading Survey reading techniques Reading To Children Reality Reasons for writing Rebekah Webb Reedsy religion Resources for Writers responsibility review reviewer reviews Roleplaying Roz Morris Rules of Writing Rumi Salon Sarah Kay Sci-Fi science science fiction Scott Turow Scrivener Second Life Self-Editing Self-Help Books self-publish self-published Self-Published Author Self-Published Authors Self-Published Writer Self-published Writers self-publisher Self-Publishers self-publishing Selfpublish Selfpublished Selfpublisher Selfpublishing Selling Books Selling E-books Serious Writing Seth Godin Shakespeare Share your ideas Shoghí Effendí Short Stories Short story Short Tales Simone Benedict singer Sir Ken Robinson Slate Small Presses Smashwords social media Social network social networking Social Networks social responsibility soul space Special Blog Posts Speculative fiction spirit Spoilers Star Trek Stealing Books Stephen King Steven King stories Storium story Story Bazaar Storytellers Storytelling Strange Fantasies Studying Grammar Success Successful Authors survey Surveys Survey Says Suw Charman-Anderson SyFy TechCrunch Ted Talks Telling Stories Tennessee The Alliance of Independent Authors The Atlantic The Book Designer The Bookseller The Curator The Danger of A Single Story The Guardian The Hobbit The Hot Sheet The Lord of the Rings The Millions The Muse The New Yorker The New York Times The Paris Review Thesaurus The State of Writing The Writing Life Thought Tips for Writers Tobias Buckell Todd Bol to make common Toni Morrison Tony Riches Top Books top posts Top Tags Traditionally Published Authors Traditional Publisher Traditional Publishers traditional publishing Truth Truth in Fiction Twitter types of readers Types of reading Styles Typographical Errors typos UNESCO United Kingdom United Nations Unity Unleashing The Idea Virus Unpublished Scenes Ursula K. Le Guin Various Stories Various Tales video Virginia Quarterly Review Virtual reality virtual world Virtual Worlds Visual Thesaurus Wattpad What's the first step in beginning a book? What About All The Authors Whose Books Don’t Sell Very Many Copies? What Age Brings to Writing What an author should do What Are Words What do you read? What Should I Write What’s The “Best” Way To Learn “Proper” Grammar? When does a book begin? Why Do Certain People Become Writers? why writers write Willa Cather William Gibson word Wordery word histories word history Word Meanings Wordnik words Words are My Matter Word Usage world World Book Day World peace World Read Aloud Day Worldreader World Wide Words write writer writer's advice Writer's Block Writer's Digest Writer's Life Writer's Poll Writer's Prompts Writer's Survey writer's tips writer's voice Writer Resources writers Writers' Groups Writers' support groups Writers and Money writers discussion group Writers Finding Readers writers methods writers on writing Writers reasons Writers Residencies Writers Resources Writers Tools Writer Unboxed writing writing a book writing advice Writing Aids Writing and Editing Writing A Novel writing blogs writing challenge Writing Challenge ~ Use The 1200 Most Common Words To Write A Story… Writing Contests Writing Courses Writing for Money Writing Groups writing habits writing help Writing Maxims Writing Poll Writing Process Writing Prompts Writing Resources Writing Rules Writing Sites writing software Writing style Writing Success Writing Survey writing tips Writing Tools YouTube `Abdu'l-Bahá
Search here with your own keywords…
Special Pages . . .
- World Cup Countdown: EuropeAl Jazeera gets the European perspective ahead of the Middle East’s first football World Cup.
- Why did Trump endorse the Democrat who led the impeachment probe?Trump is accused of trying to 'fool' voters in an election that will decide the Democratic candidate for Congress.
- The Palestinian misuse, and Zionist abuse, of the HolocaustBoth sides are guilty of invoking the Holocaust to justify their positions. Mahmoud Abbas is only the latest to do so.
- Estonia repels cyberattacks claimed by Russian hackersTallinn claims the cyberattacks triggered by removal of Soviet-era monument near border with Russia were 'ineffective'.
- Flash floods in western China kill 16, leave 18 missingDeluge wreaks havoc in Qinghai province amid a summer of extreme weather in China.
- Remains of 2 children found in auctioned suitcases in New ZealandBodies discovered in suitcases were likely in storage for several years and the victims between 5 and 10 years old.
- 100 days after Shireen’s killing: Israel gets away with it againIt's so unfortunate to imagine that your blood, your killing is not going to matter.
- Two killed, 12 injured as storms hit France’s CorsicaThe French island suffered from hail, heavy rain and powerful winds which killed two people and injured 12 others.
- Bilkis Bano condemns release of her convicted rapists in India'Give me back my right to live without fear and in peace,' says Bano after BJP-ruled Gujarat state releases 11 convicts.
- Outrage as journalist arrested for alleged Maoist links in IndiaRupesh Kumar Singh was arrested in Jharkhand two days after he reported on industrial waste being dumped on tribal land.
- What’s the future of China-US relations?China’s ambassador to the US says disagreements between the world’s biggest powers don’t need to end in conflict.
- Unfreedom Monitor Report: IndiaAdvox research into digital authoritarianism in India is now in a report. Read an excerpt and download the full pdf.
- After US House Speaker Pelosi’s visit, fake news flooded Taiwan's social mediaThe fake news circulated in Taiwan days surrounding Pelosi's visit mainly aimed at insulting Pelosi, showing off China's military power in the drills, belittling Taiwan's status.
- A voice from the islands: Grenada’s environment minister appointed UN climate change chiefCommentators made it clear that Simon Stiell would have plenty of work on his plate, suggesting that there are specific, daunting and complex issues to be addressed.
- In Brazil and India we are seeing an increase in tensions between platforms and states Research from the Unfreedom Monitor uncovers a pattern in the way that social media and tech platforms engage with states that practise digital authoritarianism.
- Uzbekistan’s cancelled Silk Road Literary Festival reveals leftover Karimov mindsetThe Uzbek Union of Writers' grievances against the Silk Road Festival Committee speak to the institution's continuing need to exercise a monopoly on the definition of Uzbek literature.
- Rising sea levels in Bangladesh are driving women to take the pill to stop menstruatingMany girls and women in the coastal areas of Bangladesh who don't have access to fresh water are taking birth control pills, often stolen from married women to stop their periods.
- Taiwan withdraws from hosting WorldPride 2025 over naming controversyThe WorldPride 2025 Taiwan Preparation Committee withdrew from hosting the global LGBTQ+ event as the organizer, InterPride, insisted on changing the title of the event from WorldPride Taiwan 2025” to “WorldPride Kaohsiung 2025."
- Man overboard! Carnival celebrations turn sour for Grenadian athletic hero, sparking controversyWas world javelin champion Anderson Peters pushed, as most media sources report, or did the allegedly inebriated athlete lose his balance and fall overboard?
- Is modern Macedonian music popular in neighboring Serbia?Though media in Serbia prefer traditional Macedonian folk music to modern takes, one Macedonian DJ based in Novi Sad is working on introducing modern Macedonian tunes to a Serbian audience.
- Activists and artists in Thailand commemorate Myanmar's 8888 uprising"They claim our silence to kill others, so I’m just not going to let them use my silence as an excuse to kill other people."
- Marcos-Duterte critic arrested for cyber libel in the Philippines"What a wonderful display of unity in defense of our common values! With solidarity like this, how can we possibly lose?"
- Shrine of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá: Construction project moves forward as cleaning endsConstruction of the Shrine of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá continues to advance following the fire caused by an accident in April. The cleaning is set to be completed in the coming days.
- Bahá’í World Publication: New article examines the pursuit of social justiceThe latest article on The Bahá’í World website explores fundamental Bahá’í principles, correlating them with prevailing conceptions and with movements for social justice.
- Houses of Worship: Intricate exterior design of DRC temple comes into viewThe emerging Bahá’í House of Worship is inspiring many conversations about service to society—the theme of a newly launched online video series on the temple.
- Update: 6 Bahá’í homes destroyed and 20 hectares of land confiscated by Iranian government agentsGovernment agents sealed off the village of Roushankouh, demolishing Bahá’í homes and confiscating their lands, escalating the persecution of the Bahá’ís of Iran.
- Breaking: Shocking demolition of homes and land grabs signals intensifying persecution of Iran’s BaháʼísIn a cruel escalation, up to 200 Iranian government agents have sealed off the village of Roushankouh, where a large number of Baháʼís live, demolishing their homes.
- “Senseless cruelty”: Fresh wave of arrests and raids across Iran as Bahá’ís absurdly accused of “colonialism”The Iranian government issues appalling statement of hate propaganda against country’s Bahá’ís, as it raids 52 homes and businesses, arrests or imprisons 13 individuals.
- United Kingdom: How sensationalist journalism obscures view of realityExperienced journalists sat with the UK Bahá’í Office of Public Affairs to explore how news reporting can promote understanding and dialogue.
- Egypt: Short film on Bahá’í community highlights efforts for coexistenceA documentary produced by a news organization in Egypt highlights the history of the Bahá’ís of Egypt and their efforts to contribute to the progress of their society.
- BIC New York: 44 Iranian Bahá'ís arrested, arraigned, or jailed as leading human rights figure says situation is “getting worse”The Iranian government’s systematic campaign to persecute Iran’s Bahá’ís accelerated again with the arrest, court hearing, or imprisonment of more Bahá’ís.