Subject Index Links
Larger Words = More Articles
#Conversations #mainstreetwriters #SocialEra #TraditionalPublishing #WritersLife A book's beginning Accountability Groups for writers active imagination Activism and Peace Work Adrian G Hilder advice Advice for Authors Advice for Writers Alan Rinzler Alexander M Zoltai alien aliens ALLi Alliance of Independent Authors Alternative Facts Amazon Amazon Publishing American Library Association Andre Norton Anne Enright Annie Dillard Apple art artist Arts Ask The Author Aspiring Writers Australia author Author's Advice Author's Guild Author's Resources Author's Voice Author Advice Author Blogs Author Earnings author interview Author Interviews author platform Author Platforms author promotion authors Author Scams Authors Finding Readers Author Solutions Authors reasons Baha'i Baha'u'llah Bahá'í Faith Banned Books Banned Books Week Barnes & Noble Barry Eisler Begin a book Beginning a book Beginning to write a book Behind The Scenes Best Friend bestseller BestsellerBound Bestsellers Bestselling Authors Beta Readers Be the Gateway Bibliotherapy Big Five Big Six blog blog comments Blog Conversations Blog Discussions Blogger Bloggers blogging Blogosphere Blog Poll blog post blog posts Blog Post Series blogroll blogs blog statistics blog stats Blog Survey Blog Visitors blues book Book Banning Book Blogs Book Covers Book Depository book design Book Designers Book distribution Book Island book marketing Book Piracy book promotion Book Publishing Book Recommendations book review Book Reviews Book Riot books Book Sales Booksellers book series Bookshops Bookstores Boring books Brain Pickings C. J. Cherryh Canterbury Tales Carl Jung Center for Story-Based Strategy Challenging books characters Charles Dickens children Children's Books Choosing what to read Climate Change Coleman Barks Collective Unconscious communication Consciousness copyright Corporate Control Corporate World Corporations Cory Doctorow crazy CreateSpace creative creative writing creativity crisis criticism critique Critique Group Dan Blank Darcia Helle David Gaughran Dean Wesley Smith death debut novel depression Developmental Editor Diana Krall Diaspora Dictionaries Dictionary Difficult Books Digital Books Digital Book World Digital Publishing digital rights management Discoverability Discussion about libraries Discussions about age and writing Does age make you write differently? Don Quixote Doris Lessing Dragon dreams DRM E-book E-books E-readers E. M. Forster Earth Eat Pray Love ebook ebooks editing Editing for Writers editor editors Education Education for Writers Elif Shafak Elizabeth Gilbert Elizabeth S. Craig Emily Dickinson Engaging an Audience England English Grammar English language Environmental disaster Erin McKean Erma Bombeck Ernest Hemingway Espresso Book Machine Etymologies etymology Evolution of Grammar Facebook facebook fiction Fahrenheit 451 Failure faith Famous Authors Fantasy FastPencil favorite author feedback feelings fiction fictional dream Fiction Writing fictive dream Finding Readers First Book Flash Fiction Forbes Forest Avenue Press Francine Prose Francis Ford Coppola Frankfurt Book Fair Frank Herbert free book free books freedom Free E-books Free Ebooks Free Education Freelance Writers freelance writing Freelancing Free Novel Free Online Courses free software Friday Fantasy G+ Games Gaming Gatekeepers Gene Doucette genre Genre fiction George Orwell Getting writing help Glimmer Train global global crisis global peace God GoodReads Google Google Plus Grammar Grammar Nazi grammar nerd grief Hachette Haley Whitehall Harnessing the Power of Narrative for Social Change Harry Potter Healing Help for writers Help with Writing Hermann Hesse Hindustan Contessa Historical fiction How do you begin a book? How do you choose what to read? How should I begin a book? how to choose what to read how to write How writers write Hugh Howey humanity humor iAuthor iBooks illiteracy Illiterate imagination Improve Your Grammar independent authors Independent Book Publishers Association Independent Publishers Indie Author Indie Authors Indie Books Indie Publishing Indie Writers Ingram Innovation International Literacy Day International Writing Program Internet interview Iowa City Israel Is Your Soul In Here? J. A. Konrath J.K. Rowling J. R. R. Tolkien James Joyce James Patterson Jamie Jammers Inaka Jane Friedman Jane Watson Jessica Bell Joanna Penn Joe Konrath Joel Blaine Kirkpatrick Joel Friedlander John C. Gardner John Gardner Johnpaul Mahofski Jonah Berger Jung justice Kickstarter kids Kindle Kindle Unlimited Kinds of readers Kitely knowledge Kobo Kristine Kathryn Rusch Kurt Vonnegut language Language challenges language difficulties Laura Stanfill learning Learning How To Write Learning to write Legacy Publishers Legacy Publishing Leo Babauta Leonard Balsera Librarian Librarians Libraries library library classifications library memories Library of Congress library pages LibraryThing LibreOffice Lindsay Buroker LinkedIn Literacy literary literary community Literary Fiction Literature Little Free Libraries Little Free Library LitWorld Local Library Lord of the Rings Lynn Biederstadt Magic Main Street Writers Movement making money as a writer Margaret Atwood Maria Popova Mark Coker Mark Twain Massachusetts Max E. Stone meaning means of communication metaphor metaphysical metaphysics methods of writing microfiction micro fiction Mind Mobile Reading MOOC Most common words in English muse music Music video My Next Book mystery Myth Nail Your Novel NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month Neil Gaiman networking New Blog Post Series New York Public Library New York Times Nicholas Sparks Nilofer Merchant Nook No Shelf Required Notebooks Notes from An Alien Nova Sparks novel novels Older Authors Older Writers Online Etymology Dictionary opinion Opinion poll Original Stories Orna Ross Oxford Dictionary Oxford English Dictionary Oxford University Press Paddy O'Reilly Paulo Coelho peace Pearson PEN American Center Penguin Random House PEN International perfection Personal Unconscious Pew Research Center Philosophy Picking your next read Pink Floyd Piracy planning Plasma Cosmology playing for change plot Poem Poems poet poetry Poets & Writers poll Polls Porter Anderson post Poverty Print Books Print Books and E-books Print Books vs E-books Print on demand Print readers Project Gutenberg promote promote your writing Promoting Books promotion Proper Grammar psychology publication Public library publish publisher Publishers Publishers Weekly publishing publishing advice Publishing Perspectives Publishing Survey Publishing Tips Pulitzer Prize Rachelle Gardner Random House Ray Bradbury Re-blog read Read An E-book Week reader Reader's Poll reader categories reader category Reader Comments reader opinion reader opinions Readers readership reading Reading Aloud Reading challenges Reading level Reading Like A Writer reading methods Reading Poll reading styles Reading Survey reading techniques Reading To Children Reality Reasons for writing Rebekah Webb Reedsy religion Resources for Writers responsibility review reviewer reviews Roleplaying Roz Morris Rules of Writing Rumi Salon Sarah Kay Sci-Fi science science fiction Scott Turow Scrivener Second Life Self-Editing Self-Help Books self-publish self-published Self-Published Author Self-Published Authors Self-Published Writer Self-published Writers self-publisher Self-Publishers self-publishing Selfpublish Selfpublished Selfpublisher Selfpublishing Selling Books Selling E-books Serious Writing Seth Godin Shakespeare Share your ideas Shoghí Effendí Short Stories Short story Short Tales Simone Benedict singer Sir Ken Robinson Slate Small Presses Smashwords social media Social network social networking Social Networks social responsibility soul space Special Blog Posts Speculative fiction spirit Spoilers Star Trek Stealing Books Stephen King Steven King stories Storium story Story Bazaar Storytellers Storytelling Strange Fantasies Studying Grammar Success Successful Authors survey Surveys Survey Says Suw Charman-Anderson SyFy TechCrunch Ted Talks Telling Stories Tennessee The Alliance of Independent Authors The Atlantic The Book Designer The Bookseller The Curator The Danger of A Single Story The Guardian The Hobbit The Hot Sheet The Lord of the Rings The Millions The Muse The New Yorker The New York Times The Paris Review Thesaurus The State of Writing The Writing Life Thought Tips for Writers Tobias Buckell Todd Bol to make common Toni Morrison Tony Riches Top Books top posts Top Tags Traditionally Published Authors Traditional Publisher Traditional Publishers traditional publishing Truth Truth in Fiction Twitter types of readers Types of reading Styles Typographical Errors typos UNESCO United Kingdom United Nations Unity Unleashing The Idea Virus Unpublished Scenes Ursula K. Le Guin Various Stories Various Tales video Virginia Quarterly Review Virtual reality virtual world Virtual Worlds Visual Thesaurus Wattpad What's the first step in beginning a book? What About All The Authors Whose Books Don’t Sell Very Many Copies? What Age Brings to Writing What an author should do What Are Words What do you read? What Should I Write What’s The “Best” Way To Learn “Proper” Grammar? When does a book begin? Why Do Certain People Become Writers? why writers write Willa Cather William Gibson word Wordery word histories word history Word Meanings Wordnik words Words are My Matter Word Usage world World Book Day World peace World Read Aloud Day Worldreader World Wide Words write writer writer's advice Writer's Block Writer's Digest Writer's Life Writer's Poll Writer's Prompts Writer's Survey writer's tips writer's voice Writer Resources writers Writers' Groups Writers' support groups Writers and Money writers discussion group Writers Finding Readers writers methods writers on writing Writers reasons Writers Residencies Writers Resources Writers Tools Writer Unboxed writing writing a book writing advice Writing Aids Writing and Editing Writing A Novel writing blogs writing challenge Writing Challenge ~ Use The 1200 Most Common Words To Write A Story… Writing Contests Writing Courses Writing for Money Writing Groups writing habits writing help Writing Maxims Writing Poll Writing Process Writing Prompts Writing Resources Writing Rules Writing Sites writing software Writing style Writing Success Writing Survey writing tips Writing Tools YouTube `Abdu'l-Bahá
Search here with your own keywords…
Special Pages . . .
- United Russia ahead as polls close in parliamentary electionsPolls close in Russia's parliamentary elections after third day of voting across 11 time zones.
- Taliban leader seeks foreign assistance for displaced AfghansTaliban's refugee minister Haqqani tells Al Jazeera urgent actions are needed to help displaced Afghans before winter.
- Pakistan rules out New Zealand boycott in T20 Cricket World CupThe decision infuriated the PCB and sparked calls for a boycott of the New Zealand team.
- Will Tunisia’s political crisis deepen?Two months after sacking the PM and suspending parliament, President Saied faces major protests.
- Trudeau makes final appeal ahead of Canada’s electionPolls show PM Justin Trudeau's Liberals hold a slight edge over the rival Conservatives ahead of Monday's vote.
- Infographic: All you need to know about the Canadian electionCanadians go to the polls on Monday. Here's what you need to know about the parties, leaders, and key election issues.
- It is time Israel, the West admit the two-state solution is deadA recent survey shows that even Western and Israeli pundits know two states in Palestine are impossible.
- Algeria buries former president Abdelaziz BouteflikaBouteflika buried at El Alia cemetery without fanfare and official mourning period accorded to previous leaders.
- Why undocumented migrants went on hunger strike in BelgiumNearly 500 migrants and refugees held a two month hunger strike in a bid to get the right to live legally in Belgium.
- What Iran’s membership of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation meansIran’s membership in the organisation is a success, but its extent will likely be limited in the short term.
- Five years on: Revisiting Rio 2016 Olympics’ unkept promisesAll eyes are on Paris for the 2024 Olympics but Rio residents are still waiting for promises to be delivered.
- What's threatening Tobago's mangroves?Large deposits of sargassum have been piling up within confined spaces, rotting, emitting noxious gasses, and destabilising the ecosystem.
- Saudi's first batch of women military graduates encourages more debate on gender rolesReactions on social media varied between those welcoming the decision, others who praised Saudi rulers for enabling it, and those who consider women unfit for combat or cited religious bans
- From vaxxing to doxxing: The social media power of Nicki MinajAfter reporter Sharlene Rampersad pressed Minaj's relatives for an interview by implying their privacy would be more quickly respected by her local news outlet than by CNN, Minaj doxxed her.
- Singapore’s The Online Citizen news website stops operating after government suspends its license"The licensing regime is simply meant to strike fear in the minds of the would-be donors and subscribers to prevent them from supporting independent journalism in Singapore."
- Athletes’ mental health is neglected in post-Olympic phase, new study findsWith the Olympic Games and the Paralympics both over, there have been concerns about what the fame and spotlight does to athletes post-Games.
- China as a cultural threat in Ethiopia: From food to cultural appropriatonPublic interest in Chinese exotic eating habits and in potential appropriation of Ethiopian traditional culture speaks of the larger rifts in Sino-Ethiopian encounters
- Forgotten history: American aeronaut Jeanette Van Tassel lies buried in Dhaka Christian CemeteryA daredevil aeronaut from the US took part in the first manned balloon flight in present-day Bangladesh in 1892, which ended in a tragedy.
- Ahead of September elections, Russia tightens grip on remaining online freedomsAhead of Russia's parliamentary elections on September 17-19, the state's crackdown on opposition groups, circumvention tools and internet infrastructure has escalated to a fever pitch.
- What did Japanese people really think about the Olympics?To gauge public sentiment following the end of the Olympics, Global Voices used the Twitter API to track the online conversation.
- Asking for a cousin's friend: The viral load of Nicki Minaj's vaccine misinformation tweetThe controversial tweet followed others that dealt with COVID-19 vaccination, including Minaj's announcement she would forego the Met Gala because attendance was vaccine contingent and she hadn't done “enough research.”
- Jamaican activist filmmaker takes on extractive industries in the Caribbean"In 2020, there was a very popular narrative that the COVID-19 pandemic was saving Planet Earth [...] I created GEFF 2021 to counter this narrative, because it is simply untrue."
- Newly launched “Discourse TV” in Azerbaijan explores pressing social issuesA video program produced by the Bahá’ís of Azerbaijan features profound conversations on topics such as the equality of women and men and the role of media in society.
- Malaysia: Promoting unity in a land of great diversityThe Bahá’ís of Malaysia have been fostering constructive dialogue among a cross-section of their society about how all people can contribute to greater social cohesion.
- Shrine of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá: Plaza walls completed, trellis construction beginsThe walls of the east and west sides of the plazas have now been completed, marking a new stage of construction.
- “United in its embrace”: Chiefs in Vanuatu reflect on temple’s unifying roleAs anticipation builds for the completion of the Bahá’í House of Worship, chiefs and local leaders convey feelings of joy and a strong sense of hope for the future.
- ‘Abdu’l-Bahá’s call for advancement of women inspires DRC conferenceParticipants draw inspiration from ‘Abdu’l-Bahá’s life and work as they make plans to intensify community-building activities that promote the full participation of women
- “Through the lens of human dignity”: BIC looks at media’s role in fostering unityJournalists meet to explore how news media can build unity, as part of the BIC’s wider efforts to contribute to the discourse on the role of media in society.
- A movement of youth in New Zealand inspires socially conscious musicYouth engaged in Bahá’í community-building efforts are inspiring their peers with music that responds to social issues heightened during the pandemic.
- “Exceptional solidarity”: #StopHatePropaganda reaches 88 million in support of Iran’s Bahá’ísCampaign calling on Iran’s government to end hate speech against the country’s Bahá’ís draws unprecedented global support from many segments of society.
- BIC Brussels: Fostering unity and belongingBIC Brussels prompts discussion among municipal leaders and policymakers on the role of urban development in fostering social change in highly diverse neighborhoods