~ Subject Index Links ~
Larger Words = More Articles
Larger Words = More Articles
#Conversations #mainstreetwriters #SocialEra #TraditionalPublishing #WritersLife A book's beginning Accountability Groups for writers active imagination Activism and Peace Work Adrian G Hilder advice Advice for Authors Advice for Writers Alan Rinzler Alexander M Zoltai alien aliens Ali Noel Vyain ALLi Alliance of Independent Authors Alternative Facts Amazon Amazon Publishing American Library Association Andre Norton Anne Enright Annie Dillard Apple art artist Arts Ask The Author Aspiring Writers Australia author Author's Advice Author's Guild Author's Resources Author's Voice Author Advice Author Blogs Author Earnings author interview Author Interviews author platform Author Platforms author promotion authors Author Scams Authors Finding Readers Author Solutions Authors reasons Baha'i Baha'u'llah Bahá'í Faith Banned Books Banned Books Week Barnes & Noble Barry Eisler Begin a book Beginning a book Beginning to write a book Behind The Scenes Best Friend bestseller BestsellerBound Bestsellers Bestselling Authors Beta Readers Be the Gateway Bibliotherapy Big Five Big Six blog blog comments Blog Conversations Blog Discussions Blogger Bloggers blogging Blogosphere Blog Poll blog post blog posts Blog Post Series blogroll blogs blog statistics blog stats Blog Survey BlogTalkRadio Blog Visitors blues book Book Banning Book Blogs Book Covers Book Depository book design Book Designers Book distribution Book Island book marketing Book Piracy book promotion Book Publishing Book Recommendations book review Book Reviews Book Riot books Book Sales Booksellers book series Bookshops Bookstores Book World Boring books Brain Pickings C. J. Cherryh Canterbury Tales Carl Jung Center for Story-Based Strategy Challenging books characters Charles Dickens Children's Books Choosing what to read Climate Change Coleman Barks Collective Unconscious communication Consciousness copyright Corporate Control Corporate World Corporations Cory Doctorow crazy CreateSpace creative creative writing creativity crisis criticism critique Critique Group Dan Blank Darcia Helle David Gaughran Dean Wesley Smith death debut novel depression Developmental Editor Diana Krall Diaspora Dictionaries Dictionary Difficult Books Digital Books Digital Book World Digital Publishing digital rights management Discoverability Discussion about libraries Discussions about age and writing Does age make you write differently? Don Quixote Doris Lessing Dragon dreams DRM E-book E-books E-readers E. M. Forster Earth Eat Pray Love ebook ebooks editing Editing for Writers editor editors Education Education for Writers Elif Shafak Elizabeth Gilbert Elizabeth S. Craig Emily Dickinson Engaging an Audience England English Grammar English language Environmental disaster Erin McKean Erma Bombeck Ernest Hemingway Espresso Book Machine Etymologies etymology Evolution of Grammar Facebook facebook fiction Fahrenheit 451 Failure faith Famous Authors Fantasy FastPencil favorite author feedback feelings fiction Fiction Writing Finding Readers First Book Flash Fiction Forbes Forest Avenue Press Francine Prose Francis Ford Coppola Frankfurt Book Fair Frank Herbert free book free books freedom Free E-books Free Ebooks Free Education Freelance Writers freelance writing Freelancing Free Novel Free Online Courses free software Friday Fantasy G+ Games Gaming Gatekeepers Gene Doucette genre Genre fiction George Orwell Getting writing help Glimmer Train global global crisis global peace God GoodReads Google Google Plus Grammar Grammar Nazi grammar nerd grief Hachette Haley Whitehall Harnessing the Power of Narrative for Social Change Harry Potter Healing Help for writers Help with Writing Hermann Hesse Hindustan Contessa Historical fiction How do you begin a book? How do you choose what to read? How should I begin a book? how to choose what to read how to write How writers write Hugh Howey humanity humor iAuthor iBooks illiteracy Illiterate imagination Improve Your Grammar independent authors Independent Book Publishers Association Independent Publishers Indie Author Indie Authors Indie Books Indie Publishing Indie Writers Ingram Innovation International Literacy Day International Writing Program Internet interview Iowa City Israel Is Your Soul In Here? J. A. Konrath J.K. Rowling J. R. R. Tolkien James Joyce James Patterson Jamie Jammers Inaka Jane Friedman Jane Watson Jessica Bell Joanna Penn Joe Konrath Joel Blaine Kirkpatrick Joel Friedlander John C. Gardner John Gardner Johnpaul Mahofski Jonah Berger Jung justice Kickstarter Kindle Kindle Unlimited Kinds of readers Kitely knowledge Kobo Kristine Kathryn Rusch Kurt Vonnegut language Language challenges language difficulties Laura Stanfill learning Learning How To Write Learning to write Legacy Publishers Legacy Publishing Leo Babauta Leonard Balsera lexicographer Librarian Librarians Libraries library library classifications library memories Library of Congress library pages LibraryThing LibreOffice Lindsay Buroker LinkedIn Literacy literary literary community Literary Fiction Literature Little Free Libraries Little Free Library LitWorld Local Library Lord of the Rings Lynn Biederstadt Magic Main Street Writers Movement making money as a writer Margaret Atwood Maria Popova Mark Coker Mark Twain Massachusetts Max E. Stone meaning means of communication metaphor metaphysical metaphysics methods of writing Michael Quinion micro fiction microfiction Mind Mobile Reading MOOC Most common words in English muse music Music video My Next Book mystery Myth Nail Your Novel NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month Neil Gaiman networking New Blog Post Series New York Public Library New York Times Nicholas Sparks Nilofer Merchant Nook No Shelf Required Notebooks Notes from An Alien Nova Sparks novel novels Older Authors Older Writers Online Etymology Dictionary opinion Opinion poll Original Stories Orna Ross Oxford Dictionary Oxford English Dictionary Oxford University Press Paddy O'Reilly Paulo Coelho peace Pearson PEN American Center Penguin Random House PEN International perfection Personal Unconscious Pew Research Center Philosophy Picking your next read Pink Floyd Piracy planning Plasma Cosmology playing for change plot Poem Poems poet poetry Poets & Writers poll Polls Porter Anderson post Poverty Print Books Print Books and E-books Print Books vs E-books Print on demand Print readers Project Gutenberg promote promote your writing Promoting Books promotion Proper Grammar psychology publication Public library publish publisher Publishers Publishers Weekly publishing publishing advice Publishing Perspectives Publishing Survey Publishing Tips Pulitzer Prize Rachelle Gardner Random House Ray Bradbury Re-blog read Read An E-book Week reader Reader's Poll reader categories reader category Reader Comments reader opinion reader opinions Readers readership reading Reading Aloud Reading challenges Reading level Reading Like A Writer reading methods Reading Poll reading styles Reading Survey reading techniques Reading To Children Reality Reasons for writing Rebekah Webb Reedsy religion Resources for Writers responsibility review reviewer reviews Roleplaying Roz Morris Rules of Writing Rumi Salon Sarah Kay Sci-Fi science science fiction Scott Turow Scrivener Second Life Self-Editing Self-Help Books self-publish self-published Self-Published Author Self-Published Authors Self-Published Writer Self-published Writers self-publisher Self-Publishers self-publishing Selfpublish Selfpublished Selfpublisher Selfpublishing Selling Books Selling E-books Serious Writing Seth Godin Shakespeare Share your ideas Shoghí Effendí Short Stories Short story Short Tales Simone Benedict singer Sir Ken Robinson Slate Small Presses Smashwords social media Social network social networking Social Networks social responsibility soul space Special Blog Posts Speculative fiction spirit Spoilers Star Trek Stealing Books Stephen King Steven King stories Storium story Story Bazaar Storytellers Storytelling Strange Fantasies Studying Grammar Success Successful Authors survey Surveys Survey Says Suw Charman-Anderson SyFy TechCrunch Ted Talks Telling Stories Tennessee The Alliance of Independent Authors The Atlantic The Book Designer The Bookseller The Curator The Danger of A Single Story The Guardian The Hobbit The Hot Sheet The Lord of the Rings The Millions The Muse The New Yorker The New York Times The Paris Review Thesaurus The State of Writing The Writing Life Thought Tips for Writers Tobias Buckell Todd Bol to make common Toni Morrison Top Books top posts Top Tags Traditionally Published Authors Traditional Publisher Traditional Publishers traditional publishing Truth Truth in Fiction Twitter types of readers Types of reading Styles Typographical Errors typos UNESCO United Kingdom United Nations Unity Unleashing The Idea Virus Unpublished Scenes Ursula K. Le Guin Various Stories Various Tales video Virginia Quarterly Review Virtual reality virtual world Virtual Worlds Visual Thesaurus Wattpad What's the first step in beginning a book? What About All The Authors Whose Books Don’t Sell Very Many Copies? What Age Brings to Writing What an author should do What Are Words What do you read? What Should I Write What’s The “Best” Way To Learn “Proper” Grammar? When does a book begin? Why Do Certain People Become Writers? why writers write Willa Cather William Gibson word Wordery word histories word history Word Meanings Wordnik words Words are My Matter Word Usage world World Book Day World peace World Read Aloud Day Worldreader World Wide Words write writer writer's advice Writer's Block Writer's Digest Writer's Life Writer's Poll Writer's Prompts Writer's Survey writer's tips writer's voice Writer Resources writers Writers' Groups Writers' support groups Writers and Money writers discussion group Writers Finding Readers writers methods writers on writing Writers reasons Writers Residencies Writers Resources Writers Tools Writer Unboxed writing writing a book writing advice Writing Aids Writing and Editing Writing A Novel writing blogs writing challenge Writing Challenge ~ Use The 1200 Most Common Words To Write A Story… Writing Contests Writing Courses Writing for Money Writing Groups writing habits writing help Writing Maxims Writing Poll Writing Process Writing Prompts Writing Resources Writing Rules Writing Sites writing software Writing style Writing Success Writing Survey writing tips Writing Tools YouTube `Abdu'l-Bahá
Special Pages . . .
Over 2,300 posts by Month & Year…
Search here with your own keywords…
- 'ISIL bride' Shamima Begum says she might seek Dutch citizenship19-year-old calls decision to revoke her UK citizenship 'kind of heart-breaking,' adding she will explore other options.
- Venezuela security forces punish anti-Maduro protesters: AmnestyAmnesty said dozens were killed during five days of protests in January, and 900 people were arrested.
- Putin warns US with new missiles aimed at Western capitalsMoscow will retaliate in kind if US deploys new missiles in Europe, Russian president says as he addresses the nation.
- Venezuela in crisis: All the latest updatesVenezuela engulfed in a major crisis amid the escalating international battle over Nicolas Maduro's presidency.
- Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets two-month delay to report to prisonJudge agrees to the delay to give Michael Cohen time to recover from surgery and prepare for congressional testimony.
- Can Bernie Sanders win against Donald Trump?Senator launches bid to be Democratic candidate for 2020 US presidential race.
- Moroccan police crack down on protesting teachersThousands of school teachers demonstrate in Rabat against fixed-term contracts on Arab Spring uprising anniversary.
- Abortion rights campaigners flood the streets of Buenos AiresThousands of women rally in front of Argentina's Congress to relaunch campaign for legal abortion.
- Kashmiris in India blame media for revenge attacksAfter last week's attack in Indian-administered Kashmir, Kashmiris living in India say that both social and traditional media are driving violence against them.
- To change the system from within or without: the dilemma for feminists in ‘New Armenia’Most feminists concede that the new government is not quite educated on what women’s movements are about. But many have been forgiving, at least for now.
- 150 years of Ceylon Tea: A day in the life of a plantation workerThe wages Sri Lankan plantation workers earn are nowhere near enough to bear the costs of living for the family, so many are forced to look for work elsewhere.
- ‘Man returns to his native Xinjiang and disappears’ — a story too common for the headlinesNurbolat Shalayit is one of hundreds of thousands of Xinjiang minorities whose current whereabouts are uncertain.
- Azerbaijan leader gives first TV interview after 15 years in office. He could use more practice."My conclusion: the government is very worried!"
- Three babies die from measles in Macedonia outbreak. Is anti-vax propaganda responsible?Macedonia has one of the lowest rates for measles vaccination in Europe, according to the World Health Organization.
- DigiGlot Newsletter: App links refugees with volunteer translatorsThe DigiGlot Newsletter is a bi-weekly collaborative newsletter that reports on how indigenous, minority, and endangered language communities are adopting and adapting technology to change the internet landscape.
- EU proposal pushes tech companies to tackle ‘terrorist content’ with AI, despite implications for war crimes evidenceAI tools can assess whether a video is violent or graphic. But can they determine the video’s intended purpose?
- Haiti's current political unrest: Déjà vu or opportunity for meaningful change?Protests have paralyzed Port-au-Prince schools, hospitals, and marketplaces, as well as other cities. Demonstrators demand radical system change: "tabula rasa" (clean slate), as they call it.
- Censored on WeChat: As tensions in China-US trade conflict rose, so did WeChat censorshipThe second installment in our series looks at the most censored topic in the 2018 WeChatscope dataset: the China-US trade war.
- How My Conversation with a Homeless Woman Changed My LifeOn a chilly, calm spring morning in Denver, my 8th-grade friends and I headed downtown for a service project to feed the homeless. On this day, I met Mary. Mary... The post How My Conversation with a Homeless Woman Changed My Life appeared first on BahaiTeachings.org.
- Why Our Soul Searches for a CreatorIn our spiritual journey to attain the attributes of God, our souls either consciously or unconsciously seek their Creator—instinctively, the soul searches for its source. Deep within us there is... The post Why Our Soul Searches for a Creator appeared first on BahaiTeachings.org.
- 5 Ways to Raise Spiritual KidsMost parents want to give their children a solid m2oral and spiritual framework for life. What do you do to educate your children spiritually? If you’re already part of a... The post 5 Ways to Raise Spiritual Kids appeared first on BahaiTeachings.org.
- The Ten Commandments of Lakota LifeIt turns out that other Faiths beyond Judaism and Christianity contain ten commandments for living a spiritual life—including the Lakota belief system brought by White Buffalo Calf Woman. In this... The post The Ten Commandments of Lakota Life appeared first on BahaiTeachings.org.
- How a Film Student is Infusing Her Education with Baha’i PrinciplesI live in New York City, which not only booms with art, music, culture and diversity, but attracts many who come to learn in ever-evolving educational spaces. A plethora of... The post How a Film Student is Infusing Her Education with Baha’i Principles appeared first on BahaiTeachings.org.
- How Can I Best Serve My Country?An American congressman once asked Abdu’l-Baha “How can I best serve my country?” The answer he received—which probably surprised him, and might surprise you—can apply to us all: Abdu’l-Baha’s counsel... The post How Can I Best Serve My Country? appeared first on BahaiTeachings.org.
- Who—or What—is God?You’ve heard this one, right? “Can God create a rock He cannot lift?” It’s meant to disprove the concept of an omnipotent God. The reasoning goes like this: “If God... The post Who—or What—is God? appeared first on BahaiTeachings.org.
- How to Be Spiritually Prepared for Whatever Comes Your WayEvery morning I check the weather forecast—not only for the current day, but also for future days. Depending on the prediction, I might change my plans, my clothes, or both.... The post How to Be Spiritually Prepared for Whatever Comes Your Way appeared first on BahaiTeachings.org.
- How Prayer Inspired Two Women to Take Action in Their CommunityHow does spirituality affect our friendships with others? A new Baha’i video, “Refresh and Gladden My Spirit” tells an inspirational story about two friends who turned their life around—together. The... The post How Prayer Inspired Two Women to Take Action in Their Community appeared first on BahaiTeachings.org.