~ Subject Index Links ~
Larger Words = More Articles
Larger Words = More Articles
#Conversations #mainstreetwriters #SocialEra #TraditionalPublishing #WritersLife A book's beginning Accountability Groups for writers active imagination Activism and Peace Work Adrian G Hilder advice Advice for Authors Advice for Writers Alan Rinzler Alexander M Zoltai alien aliens Ali Noel Vyain ALLi Alliance of Independent Authors Alternative Facts Amazon Amazon Publishing American Library Association Andre Norton Anne Enright Annie Dillard Apple art artist Arts Ask The Author Aspiring Writers Australia author Author's Advice Author's Guild Author's Resources Author's Voice Author Advice Author Blogs Author Earnings author interview Author Interviews author platform Author Platforms author promotion authors Author Scams Authors Finding Readers Author Solutions Authors reasons Baha'i Baha'u'llah Bahá'í Faith Banned Books Banned Books Week Barnes & Noble Barry Eisler Begin a book Beginning a book Beginning to write a book Behind The Scenes Best Friend bestseller BestsellerBound Bestsellers Bestselling Authors Beta Readers Be the Gateway Bibliotherapy Big Five Big Six blog blog comments Blog Conversations Blog Discussions Blogger Bloggers blogging Blogosphere Blog Poll blog post blog posts Blog Post Series blogroll blogs blog statistics blog stats Blog Survey BlogTalkRadio Blog Visitors blues book Book Banning Book Blogs Book Covers Book Depository book design Book Designers Book distribution Book Island book marketing Book Piracy book promotion Book Publishing Book Recommendations book review Book Reviews Book Riot books Book Sales Booksellers book series Bookshops Bookstores Book World Boring books Brain Pickings C. J. Cherryh Canterbury Tales Carl Jung Center for Story-Based Strategy Challenging books characters Charles Dickens Children's Books Choosing what to read Climate Change Coleman Barks Collective Unconscious communication Consciousness copyright Corporate Control Corporate World Corporations Cory Doctorow crazy CreateSpace creative creative writing creativity crisis criticism critique Critique Group Dan Blank Darcia Helle David Gaughran Dean Wesley Smith death debut novel depression Developmental Editor Diana Krall Diaspora Dictionaries Dictionary Difficult Books Digital Books Digital Book World Digital Publishing digital rights management Discoverability Discussion about libraries Discussions about age and writing Does age make you write differently? Don Quixote Doris Lessing Dragon dreams DRM E-book E-books E-readers E. M. Forster Earth Eat Pray Love ebook ebooks editing Editing for Writers editor editors Education Education for Writers Elif Shafak Elizabeth Gilbert Elizabeth S. Craig Emily Dickinson Engaging an Audience England English Grammar English language Environmental disaster Erin McKean Erma Bombeck Ernest Hemingway Espresso Book Machine Etymologies etymology Evolution of Grammar Facebook facebook fiction Fahrenheit 451 Failure faith Famous Authors Fantasy FastPencil favorite author feedback feelings fiction Fiction Writing Finding Readers First Book Flash Fiction Forbes Forest Avenue Press Francine Prose Francis Ford Coppola Frankfurt Book Fair Frank Herbert free book free books freedom Free E-books Free Ebooks Free Education Freelance Writers freelance writing Freelancing Free Novel Free Online Courses free software Friday Fantasy G+ Games Gaming Gatekeepers Gene Doucette genre Genre fiction George Orwell Getting writing help Glimmer Train global global crisis global peace God GoodReads Google Google Plus Grammar Grammar Nazi grammar nerd grief Hachette Haley Whitehall Harnessing the Power of Narrative for Social Change Harry Potter Healing Help for writers Help with Writing Hermann Hesse Hindustan Contessa Historical fiction How do you begin a book? How do you choose what to read? How should I begin a book? how to choose what to read how to write How writers write Hugh Howey humanity humor iAuthor iBooks illiteracy Illiterate imagination Improve Your Grammar independent authors Independent Book Publishers Association Independent Publishers Indie Author Indie Authors Indie Books Indie Publishing Indie Writers Ingram Innovation International Literacy Day International Writing Program Internet interview Iowa City Israel Is Your Soul In Here? J. A. Konrath J.K. Rowling J. R. R. Tolkien James Joyce James Patterson Jamie Jammers Inaka Jane Friedman Jane Watson Jessica Bell Joanna Penn Joe Konrath Joel Blaine Kirkpatrick Joel Friedlander John C. Gardner John Gardner Johnpaul Mahofski Jonah Berger Jung justice Kickstarter Kindle Kindle Unlimited Kinds of readers Kitely knowledge Kobo Kristine Kathryn Rusch Kurt Vonnegut language Language challenges language difficulties Laura Stanfill learning Learning How To Write Learning to write Legacy Publishers Legacy Publishing Leo Babauta Leonard Balsera lexicographer Librarian Librarians Libraries library library classifications library memories Library of Congress library pages LibraryThing LibreOffice Lindsay Buroker LinkedIn Literacy literary literary community Literary Fiction Literature Little Free Libraries Little Free Library LitWorld Local Library Lord of the Rings Lynn Biederstadt Magic Main Street Writers Movement making money as a writer Margaret Atwood Maria Popova Mark Coker Mark Twain Massachusetts Max E. Stone meaning means of communication metaphor metaphysical metaphysics methods of writing Michael Quinion micro fiction microfiction Mind Mobile Reading MOOC Most common words in English muse music Music video My Next Book mystery Myth Nail Your Novel NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month Neil Gaiman networking New Blog Post Series New York Public Library New York Times Nicholas Sparks Nilofer Merchant Nook No Shelf Required Notebooks Notes from An Alien Nova Sparks novel novels Older Authors Older Writers Online Etymology Dictionary opinion Opinion poll Original Stories Orna Ross Oxford Dictionary Oxford English Dictionary Oxford University Press Paddy O'Reilly Paulo Coelho peace Pearson PEN American Center Penguin Random House PEN International perfection Personal Unconscious Pew Research Center Philosophy Picking your next read Pink Floyd Piracy planning Plasma Cosmology playing for change plot Poem Poems poet poetry Poets & Writers poll Polls Porter Anderson post Poverty Print Books Print Books and E-books Print Books vs E-books Print on demand Print readers Project Gutenberg promote promote your writing Promoting Books promotion Proper Grammar psychology publication Public library publish publisher Publishers Publishers Weekly publishing publishing advice Publishing Perspectives Publishing Survey Publishing Tips Pulitzer Prize Rachelle Gardner Random House Ray Bradbury Re-blog read Read An E-book Week reader Reader's Poll reader categories reader category Reader Comments reader opinion reader opinions Readers readership reading Reading Aloud Reading challenges Reading level Reading Like A Writer reading methods Reading Poll reading styles Reading Survey reading techniques Reading To Children Reality Reasons for writing Rebekah Webb Reedsy religion Resources for Writers responsibility review reviewer reviews Roleplaying Roz Morris Rules of Writing Rumi Salon Sarah Kay Sci-Fi science science fiction Scott Turow Scrivener Second Life Self-Editing Self-Help Books self-publish self-published Self-Published Author Self-Published Authors Self-Published Writer Self-published Writers self-publisher Self-Publishers self-publishing Selfpublish Selfpublished Selfpublisher Selfpublishing Selling Books Selling E-books Serious Writing Seth Godin Shakespeare Share your ideas Shoghí Effendí Short Stories Short story Short Tales Simone Benedict singer Sir Ken Robinson Slate Small Presses Smashwords social media Social network social networking Social Networks social responsibility soul space Special Blog Posts Speculative fiction spirit Spoilers Star Trek Stealing Books Stephen King Steven King stories Storium story Story Bazaar Storytellers Storytelling Strange Fantasies Studying Grammar Success Successful Authors survey Surveys Survey Says Suw Charman-Anderson SyFy TechCrunch Ted Talks Telling Stories Tennessee The Alliance of Independent Authors The Atlantic The Book Designer The Bookseller The Curator The Danger of A Single Story The Guardian The Hobbit The Hot Sheet The Lord of the Rings The Millions The Muse The New Yorker The New York Times The Paris Review Thesaurus The State of Writing The Writing Life Thought Tips for Writers Tobias Buckell Todd Bol to make common Toni Morrison Top Books top posts Top Tags Traditionally Published Authors Traditional Publisher Traditional Publishers traditional publishing Truth Truth in Fiction Twitter types of readers Types of reading Styles Typographical Errors typos UNESCO United Kingdom United Nations Unity Unleashing The Idea Virus Unpublished Scenes Ursula K. Le Guin Various Stories Various Tales video Virginia Quarterly Review Virtual reality virtual world Virtual Worlds Visual Thesaurus Wattpad What's the first step in beginning a book? What About All The Authors Whose Books Don’t Sell Very Many Copies? What Age Brings to Writing What an author should do What Are Words What do you read? What Should I Write What’s The “Best” Way To Learn “Proper” Grammar? When does a book begin? Why Do Certain People Become Writers? why writers write Willa Cather William Gibson word Wordery word histories word history Word Meanings Wordnik words Words are My Matter Word Usage world World Book Day World peace World Read Aloud Day Worldreader World Wide Words write writer writer's advice Writer's Block Writer's Digest Writer's Life Writer's Poll Writer's Prompts Writer's Survey writer's tips writer's voice Writer Resources writers Writers' Groups Writers' support groups Writers and Money writers discussion group Writers Finding Readers writers methods writers on writing Writers reasons Writers Residencies Writers Resources Writers Tools Writer Unboxed writing writing a book writing advice Writing Aids Writing and Editing Writing A Novel writing blogs writing challenge Writing Challenge ~ Use The 1200 Most Common Words To Write A Story… Writing Contests Writing Courses Writing for Money Writing Groups writing habits writing help Writing Maxims Writing Poll Writing Process Writing Prompts Writing Resources Writing Rules Writing Sites writing software Writing style Writing Success Writing Survey writing tips Writing Tools YouTube `Abdu'l-Bahá
Special Pages . . .
Search here with your own keywords…
- Boeing admits flaws in 737 MAX simulator software after crashesAerospace company says it has made corrections to simulator software used to train pilots flying its 737 MAX jets.
- Key oil producers meet to discuss output amid Iran tensionThe meeting is set to make recommendations ahead of a OPEC summit in late June, to be attended by Iran.
- Qatar ships LNG to UAE after Dolphin pipeline outage: ReportPipeline failure in Qatar resulted in disruption of LNG supplies to UAE, which Doha backed up with ships, Reuters says.
- Somalia drought: UN warns of humanitarian crisisLack of so-called 'long rains' causes crop failures across the region.
- Amash first Republican legislator to call for Trump's impeachmentIn a series of tweets, legislator Justin Amash says the US president has engaged in 'impeachable conduct'.
- India elections 2019: Final round of voting under way in 59 seatsOver 100 million people are eligible to vote in 59 constituencies, including Varanasi represented by PM Narendra Modi.
- Burkina Faso attack: Church attackers still unknownBurkina Faso is a Muslim-majority country but all of its presidents have so far been Christian.
- Madonna sparks flag controversy at 'non-political' Eurovision At the close of Madonna's performance, two dancers wearing respective flags of Israel and Palestine walked arm in arm.
- Australian PM attends church service after 'miracle' election winScott Morrison's Liberal-led conservative coalition is ahead in 76-seat race to form a majority government.
- Severe storms cause widespread damage in central USOver 45 tornadoes touch down across four US states with stronger storms expected in the next two days.
- Bolivia's president begins bid for fourth consecutive termSome Bolivians say Morales is acting unconstitutionally after voters expressed opposition to his fourth term.
- Why are Colombian indigenous peoples protesting against President Ivan Duque?Indigenous people in Colombia have organized national protests against President Duque's new development plan, joining forces with other civil society groups like afro-Colombians, small-scale farmers, labor unions and students.
- Jamaica’s ‘Voices for Climate Change’ spreads its message with musicOne forward-thinking NGO is promoting smart environmental practices by harnessing artistic talent to do outreach and raise awareness about climate change.
- Netizen Report: Amid WhatsApp attacks, advocates launch legal challenge against Israeli malware makerSpyware makers exploit a security flaw in WhatsApp, Singapore bans false information and Somalia plans to shut down social media during school exams.
- Brazilians took to the streets all over the country to protest Bolsonaro's cuts to public educationFrom São Paulo to the Amazon, thousands of Brazilians went out on May 15 to defend public education.
- 30 years after the Tiananmen Massacre: An interview with survivor Zhou Fengsuo"It is becoming more and more difficult to demand responsibility for June 4th. Do you still have any hope?"
- Anti-Muslim attacks stoke tensions and incite fear amongst mourning Sri LankansOn 12 May Sunday, anti-muslim violence started over a Facebook post by a Muslim trader in coastal Chilaw town in Puttalam District, North Western Province of Sri Lanka.
- In Hong Kong, the sexual connotation of Ikea's new tofu ice cream ad creates controversy"[The ad] generates the image of a woman wishing for her body to be eaten like tofu."
- Facebook posts trigger more arrests in Bangladesh, worrying netizensTwo people were arrested on May 14 and 15, for comments they had posted on Facebook. The arrests have sparked indignation and concern on social media in Bangladesh.
- Global Voices is seeking an Advocacy DirectorGlobal Voices is seeking an Advocacy Director to guide our reporting, activism and research on freedom of expression and the digital rights field.
- Singapore parliament approves ‘anti-fake news’ law — will this curtail free speech?The law gives broad, unchecked powers to government ministers to determine what online information is "false" and should thus be censored or corrected.
- Dear European Commission: Don't let political parties use our data to manipulate the voteRather than protecting individuals’ rights, exceptions to the GDPR in some countries are limiting freedom of expression, eroding privacy, and abetting the spread of disinformation.
- Encouraged by Prime Minister Ardern, New Zealand’s youth press to end racismAn annual event organized by the Baha’is, the national police, and other partners recently brought together nearly 100 young people to discuss unity and justice.
- Questioning current modes of thought and action: European Parliament looks to the futureAmid rapid changes in society, European leaders seek new insights about religion’s constructive contributions to contemporary society.
- Universal House of Justice announces architect for Shrine of ‘Abdu’l-BahaA galvanized Baha’i world was called to raise a befitting Shrine in the vicinity of the Ridvan Garden in Akka.
- 67 selections from Baha’i writings published onlineUsing a recently developed feature of the Baha’i Reference Library, 33 Persian originals and 34 English translations of ‘Abdu’l-Baha’s works were made available today.
- Donald Rogers, 1935-2019The Universal House of Justice sent a message to all National Spiritual Assemblies on the passing of former International Teaching Centre member Donald Rogers.
- In Mozambique, community mobilizes after cycloneIn the aftermath of Cyclone Idai, one of the worst ever recorded in the southern hemisphere, the Baha’is of Dondo are contributing to the recovery of their area.
- Canadian Parliament explores Internet, social media, and hate speechThe Baha’i community highlights the importance of cultivating a strong moral framework to understand and analyze online media.
- Cities, technology, and happiness: a look at the futureThe Baha’i Chair for World Peace brought focus on the impact of cities on well-being and their implications for the future.
- Following tragedy, New Zealand’s Baha’is work for unity, healingIn the aftermath of a deadly terror attack, New Zealand draws on a rich spiritual heritage to recover and strengthen bonds of mutual respect and harmony.